InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Elements ❯ Youkai ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Disclaimer: If I owned Inuyasha do you really think I be doing this right now.

The moon was out and everyone was asleep or so they thought. Unknown to Inuyasha and the rest of the gang they were being watch by a very powerful youkai. As soon as the youkai was sure everyone one was a sleep she got up and walked over to the one named Inuyasha. She looked at him for a long time and then decided he wasn't the one she was looking for. So next she went over to girl named Sango. But soon decided she wasn't the one. So she went over to the monk Miroku. She thought for a while but once again decided he wasn't strong enough. So she went over to the last sleeping bag. She first saw a little kitsune she thought hard but no he wasn't the one. So she took a look at the girl in the sleeping bag. After awhile of thinking she decided that none of them could handle it.

Youkai's POV

None of them can handle the power of the world crystal. But I can't hold on to this right now. I know, I can break it into pieces just like the jewel of four souls. Then I'll put the jewel pieces into their bodies. After the danger passes I'm come back and get the pieces. There shouldn't be any harmful sight of effects except they will become stronger and control one of the six elements.

Author's POV

So after the youkai came up with this plan she walked over to Kagome's quiver of arrows. She took one and placed the arrowhead on top of the world crystal. Then she put pressure on to the crystal it took only a little pressure to break the crystal into six pieces. (One for each element) Then she placed one into everyone. Then she looked at the last piece and put into her self and walked away.

Inuyasha's POV

When Inuyasha woke up the next morning he know something was different. He didn't know what until he smelled the scent of the youkai all over the campsite. How did he not smell or hear the youkai enter the campsite. Then a thought hit him what did it do. He looked at Kagome and then everyone else. Then he smelled the air there was no smell of blood.

Then he thought that the youkai had taken the jewel shards. But the jewel shards were still around Kagome's neck. (This is taking placed before the bitch Kikyo took the jewel shards.)

He was thinking so hard on what the youkai could've have done that he didn't notice that Kagome had woken up and was looking at him.

Kagome's POV

I woke up at dawn like every day to make the gangs breakfast. When I started to get up I noticed that Inuyasha was a wake and was in deep thought.

So I called out to him to ask if everything was ok. No response. So she called out again. Still no response.

Now she was getting mad.

Why does he always have to ignore me? Then she knew how to get his attention.

So she tipped toed behind Inuyasha made sure she didn't make a noise. Then she reached up very quietly and started rubbing his ears. That got his attention and turned around very quickly so he was faced to face with me. Our faces were only a few inches apart and my hands were still rubbing his ears.

Then from somewhere behind me I heard someone clear his or her throats. I turned around and saw Sango and Miroku behind me smiling. Like there was no tomorrow.

Miroku said," So this is what you two do when everyone else is still asleep and here I thought that you were only making breakfast. If I know you were giving out kisses then I would have wakened up earlier."

That earned him a smack from Sango and Inuyasha. I was still in shock about being caught.

Finally after I came out of shock I hit Miroku and started to make breakfast.

After breakfast we started on our journey once again. We were headed north to a small village that was having a problem with I think it was a bird demon. We hoped that it would have a jewel shard.

After walking half the day we came upon the village with the demon problem.

But when we got there the villagers were busy rebuilding the village. When we asked what happen to the demon. They told us that this morning a beautiful woman came to the village and killed the demon. Then disappear as quickly as she came.

Inuyasha's POV

After the villager told them the story, the potent smell that was at the campsite, hit him once again.

It was very faint but I could still follow it.

So I took off at full speed in the direction the smell was going. But then all of a sudden the smell disappeared and that left me confused. How could someone make there scent disappeared.

Then it hit him it must be a very powerful youkai just like Sesshomaru. He thought about it some more and then turned around and went back to the village.

There he had to face a very anger Kagome.

Author's POV

Where have you been Kagome yelled?

I smelled a youkai and I followed it in hopes to find a jewel shard. But I lost it Inuyasha yelled back.

I don't believe you. I think you went to go see Kikyo!

That caught Inuyasha off guard. He stood there a moment in shock.

Kagome took that as a confirmative that her suspicious were correct. So she started crying and ran into the woods.

After Inuyasha got over his shock he followed her into the woods.

Inuyasha found Kagome by the water crying.

Inuyasha walked quietly up behind Kagome and put his arms around her. She tried to get away but Inuyasha wouldn't let her go. After she stopped trying to get away he started talking.

Kagome I didn't go see Kikyo this morning I really did go after a youkai. Kagome when you said that I was with Kikyo I went into shock. I thought you trusted me and it hurt me deeply when you said that. Because it meant that you don't trust me at all.

That made Kagome stop crying and she looked up at Inuyasha into those golden eyes that she loved so much. Inuyasha I do trust you. It's just that when you disappear like that I worry I can't stand to think of you with her, it hurts so much.

It hurt Inuyasha to think that he was the one that caused his Kagome pain.

Wait! When did she become his?

Then he went back to looking into those magical blue eyes that always made his heart melt.

He started to lean into her more and her into him, for a kiss. They closed their eyes when their faces were only centimeters apart.

That's when he heard something move in the bushes. When he opened his eyes they were burning red with anger. That was when a demon jumped out of the bushes. But it didn't have time to attack before it burst into a blaze flames, was nothing but ash.

Then Kagome opened her eyes just in time to see the demon burst into flames and turn to ash. Then she looked at Inuyasha and saw his look like they were the flames. She didn't say anything until they were back to normal.

Once they were, she asked Inuyasha what just happened?

Inuyasha could only say I don't know. He didn't know what happened but he did know it had something to do with that youkai smelled this morning that was at the campsite. Now he knew he would have to tell everyone but it. Also he has to find out that youkai was and soon before he hurt someone.

AN Ok so what did you guys think. This was my first fanfic ever so please R&R.

Inuyasha: Why did you interrupt Kagome's and my kiss?

Kagome: Why do you care Inuyasha?

Dragon: Yeah really why do you care?

Inuyasha: Feh no reason (turning six shades of red)

Dragon: Please Review Thanks!!!