InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Emergence ❯ Unexpected Encounter ( Chapter 20 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]
A/N: Here it is early, wow. I really was inspired. The next chapter is also 3/4 of the way done, and for anyone reading Unfettered the new chapter should be up in a few days.

Maybe it’s just me but I really enjoy writing my Miroku and InuYasha interactions, don’t know why? Oh well. Thank you to all those who have reviewed up to this point and I would encourage you to feel free to do so again. Reviews are great motivators and things will be hectic for me as they are for all of us in the holiday season, add that to having just found out that I am expecting and well... I’m going to need it. Anyway here it is and I hope you enjoy.

Just so you know there is a very, very brief burst of citrus in this chapter..
.

~ * ~


You never really realize how much you are going to miss something until it’s gone. InuYasha was currently thinking about just how true this particular statement has been in relation to his life. He hadn’t known just how much he truly needed Kagome until her accident and now after a week of traveling where he had not been able to get so much as a minute alone with her, without that nosy monk or damn kitsune interrupting, he was faced with it for a second time.

He was stunned to find himself seriously considering taking his cues from Miroku and groping her, just to have a chance to touch her. As if Kagome sensed his upset she quickened her pace, leaving Sango’s side and walked beside him.

“I miss you too.” She whispered.

InuYasha glanced at his mate, to find her smiling with a light pink dusting her cheeks. He was about to offer her his hand when the smell of smoke reached his sensitive nose followed closely by blood.

“Get on.” He said bending down. “There’s a youkai attacking a village up ahead.”

As the village came into view Kagome gasped and InuYasha nearly dropped her. The youkai attacking the village was Sesshomaru. He was in his true form and using his single paw to slash at a barrier surrounding the villagers, each time getting burned by the holy power of the miko casting it.

While she knew that Sesshomaru had no love for humans it was unlike him to attack them. In fact Kagome was certain, or at least she had been previously, that he would have considered it beneath himself to dirty his hands with human blood. Suddenly from the tree line the little toad like imp appeared and ran toward them.

“You must do something.” He cried.

“What the hell is going on?” InuYasha demanded.

“The girl Rin... The villagers have taken her and the miko is hiding her.” Jaken stammered. “Sesshomaru-sama did not even recognize me his faithful servant in his rage.”

InuYasha drew his sword. “Sango you and I will distract him, so that Kagome and the bouzo can get to the villagers and find out where they are keeping the girl.”

The three nodded, and Kirara transformed. Sango took the air and InuYasha. Kagome and Miroku watched as they attempted to divert the attention of the enraged tai youkai.

“Hey asshole.” InuYasha yelled. “I know where the girl is.” The great dog stopped and turned his fierce red gaze on InuYasha. “That’s right bastard, you want the girl you have to fight me.”

Kagome gasped as Sesshomaru charged InuYasha. Her hanyou jumped out of the way and glanced at her. “Don’t just stand there.”

Kagome and Miroku hurried over to the barrier and stepped inside with ease.

“Thank the Kami you have come Houshi-sama. I feared that I would not be able to maintain the barrier much longer.” The miko said.

“What have you done to anger such a powerful youkai?” Miroku asked.

“Nothing but our duty. You see the evil beast was keeping a young girl, no doubt to taint her with his base desires. We freed her and she is hidden from him by my power.” The miko explained.

“The girl, what did she say about this?” Kagome questioned.

“He has bewitched her with his foul youkai magic. She claims that she wishes to stay with him, but no child in her right mind would desire to keep company with a youkai.” She replied.

Beside him Miroku felt Kagome’s power flare and the miko must have as well because she looked at her with shock.

“Where are you keeping her?” Kagome demanded. The miko remained silent. “I said where is she? You had no right to take her against her wishes. She was an orphan and that evil youkai saved her life and has protected her and provided for her for many years.”

Behind her Kagome heard InuYasha cry out and saw that Sesshomaru had managed to catch him with his paw and knock him into a tree. Her hanyou pulled himself to his feet.

“Tell me now!” Kagome ordered.

“You... Your aura is tainted with youkai.” The miko gasped. “You have given yourself to a youkai. You must be a dark miko to still have your holy powers.”

“I’m no more a dark miko than you are right for keeping Rin from Sesshomaru.” Kagome spat.

This time it was Sango who cried out. Miroku stepped out of the barrier and concentrated on finding a source of holy power that Rin could be hidden behind. “I found her.”

Kagome ran along side Miroku and he used his staff the break down the door of an old hut. Inside was Rin lying on the floor bound and gagged. Kagome hurried to her side and removed her bindings. The girl wasted no time in jumping to her feet and running outside. Miroku tried to grab her but Kagome stopped him.

“What if he harms her?” Miroku asked. “In this state he might not know her.”

Kagome shook her head. “In this state she may be the only one who has any chance of getting him to calm down.”

Sure enough Sesshomaru stopped attacking InuYasha and his jaws opened releasing the Tetsusaiga. The giant dog turned and watched the girl running toward him.

“Sesshomaru-sama please stop.” Rin cried. “They have freed me. Please do not harm them. Rin is here now.”

In burst of light gone was the animal and in its place stood the stoic tai youkai. InuYasha sheathed his sword and Sango landed beside Miroku. Kagome hurried over to her mate to see how seriously he was injured.

“Keh, I’m fine wench, stop fussing over me.” InuYasha said with no real feeling as Kagome’s hands ran over his chest looking for wounds.

InuYasha suddenly grabbed Kagome and jumped back as Sesshomaru’s energy whip lashed out in their direction. He was about to draw his sword when Kagome pointed at the ground. Laying beside them in two pieces was an arrow. The second was stopped by Miroku’s staff.

“What the hell are you doing?” InuYasha yelled. “We just saved your fucking village.”

“We did not need the aid of a half breed or his whore.” The miko said. “Now, as my duty demands, I must slay you all. Houshi-sama, taijiya stand aside or join them. You, kitsune child may flee, but know that should you return you will be slain as well.”

“You can’t be serious!” Sango exclaimed.

Kagome put her hand on the taijiya’s arm and looked back at her furious hanyou mate. “It’s okay, let’s just go. Please.”

“InuYasha, leave with your miko, this Sesshomaru will handle these humans.” The stoic youkai said smoothly. “I will not forget the events of this day.”

Kagome was stunned and she figured that his words were about as close to a thank you as Sesshomaru would ever utter. She was a little worried about the fate of the human villagers, but figured that even Sesshomaru wouldn’t slaughter them in front of his human ward. She frowned as InuYasha just tuned and walked away without even looking at her. Sango gave her a questioning look to which she could only shake her head. Shippou joined them as they hurried to catch their hanyou companion.

~ * ~

By the time night had fallen and camp had been made, InuYasha still had not spoken to anyone. Kagome was beginning to wonder if she had done something wrong, even though she couldn’t think of anything that it could be. She poured the water over his ramen and when it was ready she went to stand under the tree her hanyou was sitting in.

“InuYasha aren’t you going to come down and eat?” She called. When he didn’t answer she fought the urge to use the command, yell and cry all at the same time. “Please? For me...” She added in a whisper.

Apparently that got his attention because he jumped down and took the bowl from her.

InuYasha glanced at his confused mate as she ate and knew that she was upset and didn’t understand what was going on with him. The truth was is that hearing that miko call her a whore for being with him brought back all the memories of his mother and with it all the fears that had kept him away from Kagome in the first place.

He watched her as she quickly wiped a tear from her cheek and knew he needed to talk to her. InuYasha put down his empty bowl and got up. He crossed camp and offered Kagome his hand. She looked up and the tears in her eyes tore at his heart, making him feel even guiltier about the way he had been acting.

Kagome took the hand he offered her and let him lead her away from the light of the fire. When he stopped several minutes passed without a word. Finally Kagome spoke up.

“I wanted you to know... If it was something I did... I’m sorry.” She whispered.

“It ain’t nothing you did.” InuYasha told her taking her in his arms.

“Then what is it?” Kagome asked. “You haven’t been like this since before...”

He sighed. “That miko... I couldn’t help but think about my mother. They killed her for being the whore of a youkai. I can’t let that happen to you.”

“I know you won’t let that happen.” Kagome said looking up at him.

“I don’t think you should come back here anymore.” InuYasha told her. “You’ll be safer if you just stay in your time where you belong.”

“But... I belong with you. I-” Kagome tried.

“I’ll come stay with you when we aren’t looking for the shard.” InuYasha cut in.

“How will you find it? You need me to sense the shard.” Kagome said desperately.

“Kikyou can see the shards.” InuYasha reminded her. “She’ll help me and when we find it, I’ll come to stay in your time with you for good.”

Kagome’s mind scrambled for another argument to keep her at his side where she belonged, but she couldn’t come up with anything. “I won’t go. I don’t care what some stupid villagers think. I love you and I’m not ashamed that we’re together. I trust you to protect me. Please don’t send me away.”

Her fists were clutching his haori tightly and the truth was that he didn’t want to be without her. He was terrified that the well would seal with him on one side and her on the other. “Then you have to let me wear the concealing spell all the time. If I look human then you’ll be safe.”

“All the time?” She questioned. “Even at the village and at home with mama? I won’t ever get to see the real you?”

“Fine at Kaede-baba’s village and your family’s house I won’t wear it, but anytime we leave then I’m putting it on and you have to promise you won’t ever let it slip that I’m not human.” InuYasha told her.

“And if I promise I get to stay with you, right?” Kagome asked. InuYasha nodded. “Okay. I promise, but that doesn’t mean I like it. You shouldn’t have to hide what you are. There’s nothing wrong with being a hanyou or with us being together.”

“I know wench.” InuYasha muttered, rolling his eyes. “You love me as a hanyou. I got it.”

If it hadn’t been for the smirk on his lips or the amusement in his eyes Kagome would have been upset with him Instead she answered his teasing with some of her own. Her hand slipped in the side of his hakama and she squeezed him gently. InuYasha groaned.

“You know, you never seemed to mind me loving you as a hanyou before...” She whispered. She pulled her hand away. “But if you mind now, I won’t love you anymore.”

Her hanyou mate growled loudly and in a breath she found herself pinned against a tree by his body. She gasped as he ground his hips into her and kissed her roughly. She didn’t even notice him rip off her panties and toss them aside until he lifted her from her feet and brought her down along his length filling her.

Kagome wrapped her legs around his waist and held onto his shoulders and he drove into her. Their coupling was quick and rough, but full of passion and satisfying for them both. She was panting lightly as he let her legs slide to the ground.

Once InuYasha had retied his hakama he took her in his arms and kissed her tenderly. He hadn’t meant to be so forceful, but a week without her coupled with her teasing had stripped him of his control. He was relieved however that she had seemed to have enjoyed it as much as he had.

Kagome nuzzled him under his chin and sighed. “We should get back before anyone comes looking for us, but we definitely have to find more chances to sneak away and be alone.”

InuYasha couldn’t have agreed more.

~ * ~

Their journey back to the village marked the end of yet another unsuccessful hunt for the final shard. The girls left almost at once to bathe at the springs and as always Miroku followed InuYasha on his self imposed guard duties, hoping that he might be able to convince his hanyou companion to let him take a small peek. It had yet to happen but as a man who had spent most of his life having to wonder if he was going to be swallowed up by his cursed hand, Miroku had learned the value of hope and of never giving up.

“You know InuYasha, I would never think to look upon Kagome if-” Miroku began hopefully.

“Don’t even start bouzo.” InuYasha interrupted. “We ain’t spying on them.” Then a wry grin made itself known on the hanyou’s lips. “Besides I don’t have to spy if I want a look at Kagome.”

Miroku sighed heavily. “Your cruelty truly knows no bounds, does it my hanyou friend?”

“What are you whining for anyway?” InuYasha snorted. “You’ll be married to Sango soon enough and then you won’t have to spy no more either.”

“Within a few days actually, if all goes well.” Miroku replied. “But what a long few days it will be...”

InuYasha just shook his head and kept his ears trained on the soft feminine voices now coming from the spring just beyond the tree line.


“This feels so nice.” Kagome offered with a soft sigh.

“Yes it does.” Sango agreed. “Kagome I was hoping we could speak of my wedding?”

Kagome lifted her head and looked at her dear friend. “Of course we can.”

“Miroku and I... We have waited so long. Had my life been different I might have had two or three children already.” Sango began. “We waited at first for you to return to us and then for you to be restored. I have finished my kimono and Miroku’s clothing as well. I spoke to Kaede before we left for this most resent journey and the arrangements have been made. We would like to be wed in three days at sunset, but only if you can be with us.”

“Oh Sango...” Kagome said softly. “It means so much to me that you waited this long. It would be wrong for me to expect you to wait any longer. I haven’t finished mine and InuYasha’s clothes yet, but with mama’s help I’m sure I can have them ready in time.”

“I'm so glad that I will be able to have you there as a witness, you and InuYasha both.” Sango told her sincerely, as tears filled her eyes. “You and he have done so much for me and have become like my family. It simply would not be a joyful day without you.”

Kagome blinked trying to stave off her own tears lest her hanyou mate scent them from his place a short distance away and come running. “Thank you. You really have been like a sister to me and I am sure that you an Miroku will be very happy together. He may even eventually learn to confine his lecherous ways to the privacy of your home.”

Kagome giggled and Sango laughed. “I think you give him too much credit, but I guess as long as I am the only on he touches inappropriately I won’t have to hit him too hard.”

~ * ~

The truth of the matter was that Kagome had yet to even begin the stitching of their wedding attire. She had planned to do it by hand but since that was no longer an option given the time constraints, she would simply use her mother’s sewing machine, which would finish the simple garments in no time.

So it was that Kagome and InuYasha returned through the well. Enlisting the aid of her mother not only did she finish her kimono and InuYasha’s haori and hakama but she also had time to select many different dishes that she could prepare to bring to the past as a wedding feast, making what would have been a simple ceremony into an affair to be celebrated and remembered by the entire village.

InuYasha found himself in complete agreement with his mate when she said that she couldn’t think of two people who deserved such happiness more than their friends.