InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Exploring the Sengoku Jidai ❯ I've Got You Babe ( Chapter 13 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Title: I've got you, Babe
Author: Alterfano
Rating: G
Genre: General
Word Count: 196
 
I wasn't going to enter this week, but got inspired watching my son pack for school this morning. Nods to manonlechat. ^_^
 
 
Kagome grabbed the side of the door to break her skid as she headed up the stairs - again! - for just one more thing. Grabbing her math book, she spied the extra socks for InuYasha to wear on these colder nights, and the new hair brush to replace the one he got mad at and threw off a cliff…and … it went on.
 
Coming down the stairs, she could hardly see for the stuff in her arms. Her mother puzzled over how to fit it into Kagome's forever-expanding backpack with all the freeze-dried ramen.
 
It was getting late.
 
Sure enough, Kagome turned to go upstairs again and ran smack into InuYasha standing in the doorway, arms crossed over his chest, face tweaked up in a frown.
 
“What's taking you so long, girl?” He was the very picture of annoyance.
 
“I'm still packing!” she tried to push him out of her way, but he didn't budge.
 
“What do you need all that stuff for?” they had the same conversation every time.
 
“'Cuz we need stuff!” She pushed again. No use. “Don't you ever need stuff, InuYasha?”
 
“Why would I need stuff?” He looked genuinely perplexed. “I've got you.”