InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Exploring the Sengoku Jidai ❯ A New Sheath ( Chapter 18 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Challenge Theme: First time
 
Title: A New Sheathe
Genre: Drama
Rating: K+
Words: 250
Summary: InuYasha finds himself able to control his demonic blood without the help of Tetsusaiga for the first time. Though not intentional, this could be a dramatic (non-canon) retelling of Anime episode 167 (stone oni).
 
 
Dreamlike fear descends in me as I watch Tetsusaiga fly from my fingers, glinting in sunlight with slow twists, circling arcs through a slowing warp of time. The monster towering over my world rumbles a slathering roar, bearing down on my heart.
 
Her scream in my protective embrace shreds my soul, tearing me open to the beast within, the unsheathed heated self that knows only blood lust and vague notions of self-preservation. Our screams blend as I cry not to give in to the fire, not to succumb - even for her.
 
It unfolds below my heart, unfurling itself to the call of mortal danger, and I am naked to its flame. Heart beats drown me in drumming rushes of sound as my beast's body slashes at noxious flesh, shielding more precious flesh with vague notions of protection.
 
Breath rattles through me, liquid of life on my hands invading me with its toxic scent. Not her blood.
 
Her breath shudders on me, clinging to my neck in sobbing wracks, seeking comfort, giving gratitude. The blistering force writhes within me, wanting more blood, wanting more, wanting…
 
Her…
 
New succumbing desires offer form to the unformed, desperate needs fueling the violent burn deep within. The ardent strength of choice rises to coax my wild fire into rivulets of warmth, wrapping myself around her, holding her with a beast's claws and kissing her with a beast's mouth. Gently I take on my new sheathe, taking her love within me to cool the fire.