InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Face Down ❯ My rules ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
disclaimer: don't own it





Chapter 3: My Rules





Kagome woke to the faint smells of food cooking in the tiny kitchen. She stood groggily and wiped at her eyes before sitting at the small table. Rin was eating some kind of cooked meat. Yuki handed her a plate and poured three cups of tea. Sesshoumaru entered and sat next to Rin. He sipped lightly at the tea. Shippou came in from out side and took a seat next to Kagome and had a plate placed in front of him. He ate quietly but kept glancing toward Sesshoumaru. "Lord Sesshoumaru." Rin said quietly. "Will we be returning today?" He nodded and continued to sip lightly at the tea. Kagome smiled down at Shippou. "The kitsune will not be allowed to enter." Sesshoumaru said quietly.



Kagome looked up at him and shock must have been written on her face because he spoke again. "I was informed that Yuki told you that only inuyoukia, and occasional humans, could enter my home and it shall stay that way." The look he gave her was meant to keep her quiet. "Then where is he supposed to go?" Her breathing was to fast. Shippou placed a paw on her arm. "The monk and demon slayer seem adequet enough, or he can become a servant." Sesshoumaru sipped at his tea again. "It is not my problem to find a place for the fox, it is yours." "Please Sesshoumaru-sama make an exception." Kagome begged. He set the tea down and looked at her. "My rules and ways are not going to change just because you became a resident in my den. There are no exceptions. You can deal with that or return to InuYasha. Your choice."



He stared at her, waiting for her to choose. She looked down to the kit. "What do you want Shippou?" He looked back with big green eyes. "What did InuYasha do?" Kagome had forgotten that Shippou didn't know the whole situation. "Some thing is wrong with him and I had to leave." "Is he the one that gave you that bruise that you had yesterday?" Kagome nodded. "Oka-san I want you to be safe and happy. If that means staying with Miroku and Sango for a while then I guess I could, but you have to visit me." "I'm sure I can work visits out, very often." "What is your decision fenrir?" Sesshoumaru picked up the cup. "Yes, I will stay at your home. Can I see Shippou off to Sango and Miroku's?" "It can be arranged. Beta you may go back to the den, take Rin with you. Put her in the chamber across from the fenrirs." "I have a name." She said to him. "Until I feel that you deserve to be adressed by your name you will be called fenrir."



Sesshoumaru stood and walked out the door. Yuki left next with Rin following close behind. "Are you sure you want to do this Shippou?" "He can keep you safe from InuYasha. As much as I don't like it Sango, Miroku, and I can't do that." Kagome smiled at him. "That's really good logic Shippou." "I learned from you." He smiled back. "Now lets go before he gets impatient." Kagome nodded and walked out into the sun. Rin and Yuki were on AhUn and prepared to leave. Sesshoumaru was looking at her. "What do we do?" "Come." She walked over to him. His cloud formed beneath his feet. Sesshoumaru held on to her by the collar of her shirt to keep her from falling off and to keep her from clinging to him like some kind of parasite. Forests, villages, lakes, and rivers flew beneath them, barely giving time to even register what it was. Sesshoumaru struck out suddenly and Kagome almost jumped off the cloud when she was hit with the body of a bird demon.





They arrived at the village some time around noon. Sango and Miroku had went back to the demon exterminator village for a few weeks to see if there were anymore leads from the near by villages. Shippou had been useing Kirara to relay any information about Naraku that they found out. That was the arrangement that had left her alone with InuYasha. They landed and Kagome rushed into the only intact hurt. She reeled when she saw InuYasha sitting with Miroku and Sango. They looked like they had been in deep conversation when she rushed in. Kagome backed quickly out the door and into Sesshoumaru. InuYasha came out, sadness aparent on his face and in the drooping of his ears. Kagome was so afraid that she didn't even realize she was pushing against Sesshoumaru with all the strength she could muster. He grunted to get her attention. She looked up and mumbled a half hearted 'sorry'. She stood next to him and held on to Shippou as if he was her life line.



"Kagome I don't know what happen but it was because of Naraku. You know I would never mean to hurt you." "But how do we know its over. I can't be around you until Naraku is dead, and maybe not even then." Sango and Miroku came out and were surprised to see Sesshoumaru. "InuYasha told us what had happened. Kagome we can protect you, you don't have to go with him." Sango looked pointedly at Sesshoumaru. "We can't protect Kagome." Shippou piped up from her arms. "What are you saying, of course we can." Sango almost yelled at the kit. "No you can't Sango." Sango was about to reply but Kagome held up her hand. "Would you be willing to kill InuYasha if he came after me. I can't even use the rosary until its fixed. There would be no way for you to stop him if he came after me Sango. You are strong but InuYasha is part demon and our friend. We can't fight that. So I'm sorry but I've decided to stay with Sesshoumaru until this is resolved." Sango thought about it and nodded solemnly.


Kagome hugged Shippou to her. "Goodbye Shippou." "Goodbye Oka." She released Shippou and he went over to Miroku and perched on his shoulder. He wiped a tear from his eye. "Goodbye everyone." InuYasha approached. "That is close enough hanyou." Sesshoumaru said. "Kagome I swear to you that we'll put a stop to Naraku so this," he gestured between the two of them. "will get fixed." Kagome smiled sadly and nodded. Sesshoumaru formed his cloud and picked Kagome up by the collar and placed her on it. They started heading in a different direction then the one they came. "Where are we going?" She asked quietly. "Home."





It was very short but I didn't want to put my ideas from the next chapter in here so I had to end it. Oh well....R&R! I'll try to update soon.