InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Fallen ❯ Coma Of Remorse ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Something is cold and blank behind her smile

Kagome looked out over the city, it's majestic lights twinkling all around her. The wind blew, tossing her skirt about as she stood high above the world. The night was absolute with the sounds of entwined joy, terror, and heartbreak through the city, captured in every breeze.

She's standing on an overpass

In her miracle mile

She looked down, from her perch upon the high over past, on the outside railing. Beneath her was an onrush of speeding traffic, going home to their perfect families, to their perfect futures, their perfect friends. The girl closed her eyes slowly as tears gathered in them.

You were from a perfect world

A world that threw me away today

Today to run away

The girl lifted her head, remembering the on goings of earlier that year…

A boy with long silver hair wrapped his arms around another man with silky black hair, as he stared at Kagome. His face was cold, his voice empty as he spoke.

"I take it you don't like my decision."

The girl stood out on his front stoop, soaking in the pouring down rain, as the two half naked men stood before her. She lowered her eyes to the ground, and shook her head, flinging water from her hair.

Something twisted in his face, but the silver haired man held firm. "Don't tell someone to do something, Kagome… They just might."

Kagome nodded, and turned. "I understand, Inu Yasha."

Mr. Higurashi glared at his insubordinate daughter. "How can you put this scorch on my name? How DARE you?!"

Kagome stared blankly up at her father, not saying a word.

He picked up her social studies book from the table and threw it, the text book hitting the wall. Kagome only flinched slightly, used to him trying to goad her into a fight now, and new the best way to avoid injury was to keep silent. Or sometimes, it just made him hurt her worse.

Her father picked up his scotch and threw it back, slamming the glass down on the table, while he glared at her, with one arm behind his back. "How dare you come back here, telling me that you don't want anything to do with the military, and THEN tell me that you dodged the draft with the Americans!"

The girl ducked her head and spoke as quietly as she could manage. "I'm trying to do my homework, father…"

A pill to make you numb

A pill to make you dumb

A pill to make you anybody else

But all the drugs in this world

Won't save her from herself

Kagome lay stretched out in the back seat of the car, her mind in a numb focus on nothing in particular. Various near empty bottles of pills lay scattered about Nazuna's car. Sango lit the pipe again, taking a deep hit off of the bowl of dank. Yura was curled up against her side, nuzzling her neck while Kagura slid her hand up Kagome's supple thigh.

All of the girl's were so blown that they didn't even notice as Hojo and Nazuna walk back up to the car. Hojo's gaze landed on Kagome, and his brow lowered sadly, watching her with disappointment.

Kagome rolled her face around to face him, and opened her eyes, staring with her blood shot orbs at her old friend, saying nothing as Yura and Kagura still coddled her.

Hojo sighed and turned away. "I'll catch you later, Nazuna."

Nazuna nodded slowly as she and Kagome watched him walk away, before the latter girl closed her eyes again.

Her mouth was an empty cut

And she was waiting to fall

Just bleeding like a polaroid that

Lost all her dolls

Kagome sat in her room, listening to a medley of death metal music, a bottle of vodka by her hip and a blade in her hand. She was sitting on the bay window, in nothing but her underwear and bra, blood coursing down her body from various open wounds. The crimson liquid coated her cushion and her stuffed animals, leaking to stain the carpet as well. All the while, her father was in his own bedroom, worrying about the tarnishing damage she did to his image.

Kagome straightened up as she stared out over the city, stepping forward on the bar, advancing on the edge. She spread her arms wide and fell forward. Her dress billowed out behind her like a moonlit funeral gown, her hair fluttering out in an ebony stream.

Her body slammed into the front of an onrushing semi, bones crunching and collapsing as her body was tossed beneath the halting machine, a broken rib ripping into her lung causing it to fill with blood.

Truck driver ran out of the truck to the body as cars screeched to a halt all around him. His eyes landed on the girl, her body twisted in a grotesque pose, her mouth gaping with a trickle of blood coming from inside. Bones shone in the moonlight where they tore through her skin. Her eyes were glassy with lackluster, staring up at the driver before he turned and retched.

You were from a perfect world

A world that threw me away today

Today to run away

The girl was buried within the month, and afterwards, her friends were all silent with the numbness of grief. Sango looked at Yura. Yura, wondering what was bothering Sango so much, touched her shoulder gently. "What's wrong, love?"

Sango's fiery eyes blazed as she looked at Yura. "Not even her father came to her funeral. The only people who really knew her were just us, Yura."

Yura's eyes filled as she ducked her head. "I know that Sango… it wont be the same without her laugh anymore."

The other girl glared at the ground as Kagura wrapped her arms around her. "She hadn't been the same for over 9 months," the girl snapped.

Sango's eyes narrowed as she glared at the ground. "The bastard….this is all his fault."

Yura nodded, scowling. "If he had just never met here she would still be laughing, smiling with us now."

Sango nodded slowly. "Bastard didn't even show up to her funeral."

All of a sudden, a sharp cry of agony rang throughout the church. The girls whipped around to see Inu Yasha himself, clinging to the coffin, sobbing into the wood. "No…not you too… not you, Kagome."

Kouga stood behind him, face downcast, and seemed uncomfortable. "Nothing you can do about it now…" He pulled Inu Yasha to his feet. "You have to live your life as you see fit."

The girls watched as Inu Yasha nodded as Kouga pulled him into his arms.

Yura cast her eyes down. "He's right you know…"

The girls nodded, and turned to walk out.

And that was the last day anybody even remembered to speak Kagome's name.

~A/n~ Hey you guys. I just felt like writing this piece. I'd like to thank Nick, Mike, Rachelle, Sean, Nikki, Deb, and Kerri…. Oh better not forget Dad… with the partial inspiration of this idea, the other half going out to my subconscious where I first dreamed this.