InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Falling All Over Again ❯ Never Love Again? ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Falling All Over Again

Chapter One

~Selene Serenity~

Disclaimer: I don't own Inuyasha! Don't copy or steal!

Author's notes: Hi all! ^_^ Here I am with yet ANOTHER brand new fanfic! I hope you'll all enjoy it. So sit back, relax and read! Now, I've never finished watching or reading Inuyasha, so if I make some mistakes please tell me, but don't be mean…I have no idea how the show ends so I'm kinda making my own ending! Also, this first chapter is rather angsty, but it gets happier I promise! Enjoy!

~Chapter One~

"I can't believe we did it Inuyasha! Naraku is dead. We defeated him." Kagome smiled as she and Inuyasha walked through the woods.

"Yeah, I'm glad he's gone. He's been a pain in my rear for a long time now." Inuyasha sighed and leaned against a tree.

"Hey look there's the well." Kagome pointed ahead of them. The two of them walked up to the well. "Remember when I first came here?" Kagome giggled.

"How can I forget? You sent me straight into a raging river!" Inuyasha smirked.

This only pushed Kagome to laugh harder. "I haven't done that in a while have I?"

"And don't even try it now!" Inuyasha snapped.

"Don't worry, I won't…yet."

"Hey!"

"I'm just kidding Inuyasha!"

Suddenly the wind began to pick up. "Is a storm coming?" Kagome blinked.

"No, this wind came out of nowhere. This isn't normal." Inuyasha sniffed a bit.

"What could it be?" Then even more rushing wind emerged from the well. The wind itself seemed to wrap around Kagome's wrists and ankles. "Inuyasha!" She screamed as the wind started to pull her closer to the well.

"Kagome!" Inuyasha cried and ran towards her. He grabbed for her arm, but just missed. He tried again and got her hand, but she was being pulled in.

"Inuyasha, I think I'm supposed to go back…" Kagome guessed. "For good."

"No! You can't!" Inuyasha tried to pull her back. "I need you here…" He whispered.

"What?" Kagome blinked.

"I need you here Kagome! I never said it before, but I really do! Kagome…I…" Inuyasha was showing Kagome a part of her she had never seen before.

"What is it Inuyasha?"

"I love you Kagome…"

He said it. Those four words Kagome had yearned to hear from him, but it was too late, she was being pulled back to her own world. "I love you too." Kagome smiled. "I'm glad, glad you finally told me."

Inuyasha was shocked. Never in a million years did he think that she would love him back. Not after the way he treated her, yet somehow she did. "Kagome…" He pulled her foreward just enough so that their faces were about to touch. He moved in to kiss her, but as soon as they got that close the wind got stronger and pulled Kagome down the well, back to her own world.

"Kagome!" Inuyasha shouted and jumped down after her. Instead of being transported to Kagome's world as he had hoped, he just fell to the bottom of the well. "KAGOME!!!" He let out a frustrated roar as tears trickled to the ground.

***

Kagome landed safely on her side of the well. "No." She bit her lip and climbed up to the top of the well, then jumped back down. When she landed on the hard ground Kagome cried and sobbed. "No! I want to go back! Inuyasha!!!" She shouted.

***

Hours passed and night came. Inuyasha still sat in the well. He was angry, hurt, confused, sad and heartbroken. As night came Inuyasha climbed out of the well. Lying next to the well was the Tetsugia, which he had dropped. "She's gone…" Inuyasha said as realization hit. He slowly climbed out of the well and spotted the Tetsugia on the floor. He gingerly picked it up and held it with both hands. "I will never fall in love again…" He vowed and plunged the blade into his chest. He screamed in pain and fell to his knees as blood dripped to the ground. He panted heavily as he slowly got up again and walked to the tree Kikyo had pinned him to.

"Spirit of this tree, please, guard the Tetsugia from any evils." He said and held the sword out to the tree. The tree began to glow green, lighting up the area of woods. Suddenly the Tetsugia floated out of Inuyasha's hands and was absorbed into the tree. "Thank-you…" Inuyasha managed to whisper before collapsing to the ground.

***

"I heard it from over here!" Sango called and pointed ahead of her. She ran ahead of Miroku, Shippo and Kaede. She ran to the clearing where the well was and spotted Inuyasha lying under a tree. Sango gasped when she walked closer and saw the pool of blood under Inuyasha's body. "Oh dear god…" She cried and spun around.

Miroku had just caught up with Sango and was right behind her when she turned around. Sango ran to him and cried into his shoulder. "Its ok…" Miroku whispered and hugged her.

Shippo and Kaede come over as well. "Oh dear. Its as I suspected."

"What happened?" Miroku asked.

"Kagome must have been sent back to her own time once Naraku was defeated and now she can't come back. She's left for good." Kaede explained.

"So Inuyasha killed himself at the loss of Kagome?" Sango lifted her head up.

"I'm afraid so." Kaede hung her head.

"Inu…yasha…" Shippo made a fist as tears trailed down his cheeks. "You idiot!" Shippo shouted angrily and ran off.

~*One Year Later*~

Kagome sighed as she stretched and got out of bed. It was Monday, in her third week of high school. `Another day, no Inuyasha…' She thought sadly. Kagome had been very depressed for a long time after she came back to her own time, but slowly she healed and moved on. Though she was better she still thought of her friends often and missed them a lot.

Soon she was all ready and off to school. On the way to school she ran into Hojo. "Hey Kagome!" He waved and walked over to her.

"Hi Hojo." Kagome smiled.

"Kagome, I was wondering if you'd like to go out with me after school today." Hojo asked.

"Um…not today Hojo."

"Oh, are you not feeling well again? Can I get you anything?"

"No Hojo, I'm not sick. I'm just a little upset and I sort of need to be alone."

"Oh ok…" Hojo nodded. "Well I'll talk to you later." He said and walked off.

***

Kagome sat in the back of her homeroom, studying for a quiz she had later that day. Her teacher came in but she didn't pay attention because he usually didn't say anything important. "Class." He said. "We have a new student today. Why don't you introduce yourself?"

"Hey. My name's Akki. I just moved here from Osaka and that's about it." He said curtly.

`That voice…I know it…somehow…' Kagome thought. She slowly looked up from her book and saw the boy at the head of the class. He had golden eyes and black hair billowing to his waist. He looked just like human Inuyasha! `Inuyasha!?' Kagome thought. `It can't be. He said his name was Akki. But he looks just like him.'

"Why don't you sit there in the back?" The teacher said and pointed to the seat next to Kagome.

Akki nodded and walked to the back of the room and sat down.

Kagome bit her lip then looked over at Akki. "Inu…I mean Akki?" She whispered.

Akki turned his head to faced and looked at her weirdly. "Yeah?"

"Hi." She smiled warmly at him.

"Uh…hi." Akki said with a half smile and a confused face.

Author's Notes: Yup that's it for now. I was going to stop this after Inuyasha killed himself, but I figured I'd leave you with happiness and reassurance! ^_^ Hope you liked it!