InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Falling All Over Again ❯ Who Am I? ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Falling All Over Again

~Selene Serenity~

Chapter Two

Disclaimer: I don't own Inuyasha! Please don't copy or steal!

Author's notes: Hi all! Only a few reviews…ah well please review this chapter more. I know it had a depressing start, but I promise it will get better! Please you have no idea how much reviews help me! They push me to go on! Sorry about all the begging.

~Chapter Two~

"Akki!" Kagome called as she ran to catch up with Akki. As she did she noticed that he had his bag over his shoulder like Inuyasha would sometimes carry the Tetsugia.

"Huh?" Akki stopped and turned around. "Oh…its you."

"Yeah! I'm…"

"Ka…Kagome right?" Akki guessed.

"Yeah, but how did you know that? No one told you my name did they?" Kagome looked surprised.

"No, I just sort of guessed. You mean I was right?"

"Yup." Kagome smiled. `Maybe.' She thought. `Just maybe it is him.'

"So what do you want?" Akki asked rudely.

"I just wanted to know if you wanted me to show you around town." Kagome suggested.

"And why would you want to do that?"

"Because maybe I like to do nice things for people!" Kagome snapped.

"Well that's nice and all but no thanks." Akki started to march off.

"Hey wait!" Kagome pleaded.

Suddenly Akki froze. `Did it work?' Kagome thought.

"Look out!" Akki cried as she spun around, ran to Kagome, grabbed her around the waist and pulled her away from where she was standing.

"What are you doing!?" Kagome shouted.

When Akki stopped and let Kagome go, Kagome saw that's the stop she had been standing in had been attacked and the pavement had been melted by the looks of it. "What?" Kagome gasped. "How did you know Akki?" She asked.

"I have sensitive ears, that's all." Inuyasha shrugged.

"Ah ha! Here you are and with your human girlfriend at that." A voice laughed menacingly.

"That voice, it sounds familiar." Kagome listened carefully.

"It should you pathetic mortal!" The voice cried. Suddenly Kagome and Akki spotted him. Standing on a tree branch was a young man, slightly older then themselves. He had cold, piercing eyes with long white hair.

"No…" Kagome whispered. "Sesshomaru!" She gasped.

"Correct girl!" He laughed. "Now I've come her to finish the job I started so long ago, to kill you and that pathetic half demon brother of mine."

"Fine, kill me then but leave Akki out of this! He didn't do anything to you!" Kagome insisted.

"Oh he didn't did he?" Sesshomaru smirked. "He did plenty. Akki, is that the name you've taken now? And may I guess your last name? Could it be… Ippan?"

"How do you know that?" Akki demanded.

"Half demon…your `legacy' follows you."

"Legacy? What do you mean?"

"Sesshomaru! Do you mean that… that Akki is…"

"Yes that is exactly it! Little Akki over there is none other than the reincarnated Inuyasha!"

"What?" Akki looked as if he was about to remember something important, but then the look faded.

"Akki!" Kagome cried.

"What?"

"Do you remember where the gym is?"

"Yeah." Akki nodded.

"I want you to go back there as fast as you can and find me a bow and some arrows. Not the practice one either. Find the real ones." Kagome instructed.

"Why?"

"Just do it!"

"Fine!" Akki sighed with frustration and ran off.

"Hah, you think you can fight me by yourself with no Inuyasha to protect you?" Sesshomaru laughed.

"I don't need him to protect me!" Kagome sneered.

"Well then what are you going to do…without your weapons now!?" He shouted and lunged foreword at Kagome, with his poison arm aiming at her.

"Ah!" Kagome cried as leaped away just in time. `Just stay calm Kagome.' She told herself.

"You can't dodge me forever you know." Sesshomaru pointed out.

"Well thank-you captain obvious!" Kagome stuck her tongue out at him. "I don't know what I'm going to do, but I know I'm going to win!" She said fiercely.

`That look in her eyes.' Sesshomaru thought. `I've never seen her like this. What makes her so different now?'

Kagome kept barely dodging Sesshomaru's attacks and having no idea how until Akki showed up again hold a bow and arrows. "Kagome!" He shouted and tossed the things to her.

"Thanks!" Kagome called back once she caught them.

"Oh, you think you can hurt me with that? Come now, I thought you were a little smarter than that."

"I will defeat you with these. Not only these though, but with my heart." Kagome explained.

"That's so sweet. Too bad I don't care." Sesshomaru lunged at Kagome.

`Don't run Kagome!' She thought as she prepared her arrow. `Do this for your friends.' As Sesshomaru neared her Kagome shot an arrow at him, shooting him in the arm. He face cringed in pain but he kept going foreward. Kagome quickly pulled out another arrow and shot it at him. Just as he reached Kagome the arrow hit him in the shoulder and he collapsed, but not before dripping some of his acid on her arm. "AH!" Kagome cried in pain and clutched her burning arm.

"Kagome! Are you alright?" Akki asked as he ran over to her.

"You stupid girl, I will kill you!" Sesshomaru cried with vengeance and left in an instant.

"Oww…" Kagome moaned still holding tight to her arm. "It hurts…sooo….much…." She stuttered until the pain consumed her and she passed out.

"Oh great, now what do I do?" Akki spat. "I better get her out of here before any other students get out here. He picked her up and put her on his back so her arms dangled over his shoulders and he held her legs, keeping he up so she didn't fall. "Where do I bring her though?"

`Higurashi (I think that's how u spell it…) temple…' A voice rang through his head. The voice it sounded familiar. Suddenly Akki's feet picked up and he started walking to who knows where. `Where am I going?' He thought. He just kept walking and couldn't stop himself. Soon he stood before the steps of a rather old temple. "Where are we?" He blinked.

Then he heard a groan in his ear as Kagome slowly woke up. "Ah!" She gasped in pain. After cringing for a moment Kagome realized she was home. "Akki…how did you know where my home was?" She blinked.

"This is your home?" Akki shouted.

"Yup."

Akki let Kagome down as he explained how he just was somehow led there. Kagome let out a smirk, "Ah…why don't you come in and I'll explain." She suggested.

"Okay, because I sure want to know what the hell is going on here." Inuyasha grumbled.

The two of them walked up the steps and into the temple. "Mom! I'm home!"

"Hello Kagome, how was school!?" Her mom walked in with a cheery smile on her face. Her smile disappeared when she saw the hole in Kagome sleeve and the burn mark on her arm. "Kagome! What happened to you!?" She gasped and ran to examine Kagome's wound. "Um…well you see Mom…" Kagome started explaining everything to her mother as she sat down. As she continued her Mom got out some bandages and antiseptic. She began to clean and bandage Kagome's wound up.

"So you think this fellow over here is the reincarnated Inuyasha?" Her Mom gestured to Akki. Kagome nodded.

"What the hell do you mean!?" Akki exploded.

Kagome got up and walked to the door. "Akki, will you please come with me?" She asked and opened the door. Akki nodded and followed her outside. She led him to a slightly smaller shrine and down the steps to and old rotting well. "What does this have to do with anything?" Akki asked.

"A couple years ago I first came down here. Some kind of force pulled me into this well and it transported me into the feudal era of Japan. When I got there I came face to face with a half demon Inuyasha. At first he tried to kill me because within my body was the sacred Shikon Jewel. I was supposedly the reincarnated priestess Kikyo who was the holder of the jewel. Inuyasha and I teamed together with the jewel broken into lots of shards all over the place. We hunted all the pieces down and fought the evil demon Naraku. We fought long and hard and finally defeated Naraku, but after that I was forced back her and now I can't go back. It's quite possible that all my friends have been reincarnated and I think your Inuyasha." Kagome explained.

"What!?" Akki gasped. "That isn't possible."

"I don't know if it is or not." Kagome sighed.

"Well who was that guy who attacked us today."

"That was Sesshomaru, Inuyasha's half brother. Though he may be reincarnated too, but how does he remember when you don't?" Kagome pondered.

"Maybe because I'm not Inuyasha!" He shouted and ran outside.

"Akki! Wait!" Kagome cried and chased after him.

Akki stopped when he got down and noticed the sun setting. "No!" He bit his lip and ran even faster. When he began down the steps at the front he tripped and fell down the stairs.

"Akki!" Kagome gasped and ran down to him and knelt.

`No…' Akki thought. `The sun is gone.' He was right darkness had settled in.

"Are you okay?" Kagome asked worriedly.

"Get away from me!" Akki pushed her away.

"Akki, what's wrong?"

"Nothing! Just leave me alone!" That's when Kagome noticed it Akki's black hair was slowly turning white and his ears began to disappear, being replaced by two dog ears at the top of his head. Kagome suddenly began giggling.

"What is your problem?" Akki asked and looked up. Akki now looked completely like Inuyasha, there was no doubt about. "Aren't you scared of me?"

"Nope." Kagome shook her head. "I've seen you too many times to be scared now."

"What do you mean?"

"This is exactly what Inuyasha looks like."

"Are you serious?" Akki gaped at her.

"Yes. Now why don't you come back in and have dinner with us?" Kagome suggested. "Your parents won't mind will they?"

"I don't have any parents. They're dead."

"Oh! I'm sorry." Kagome blushed.

"Nah, its okay." Akki assured her. "Uh…but what about your parents, won't they freak?"

"No, they've met Inuyasha before. The only thing is that they may want to touch your ears…" Kagome snickered.

"What!?" Akki shouted as he followed her inside.

Author's Notes: Hi everyone! Chapter number two is done! Hope you all like it! And don't forget! Please Review!