InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Falling All Over Again ❯ Memories in the Rain ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Falling All Over Again

Chapter Three

~Selene Serenity~

Disclaimer: I don't own Inuyasha, please don't copy or steal fic!

Authors Notes:

~Chapter Three~

"Oh! I'm so late!" Kagome exclaimed the next morning. She ran out the door her bag slung over one shoulder, still getting her shoes on. "Bye!" She shouted back to her family. She picked up her pace as she got down the stone steps. Halfway to the school Kagome heard a voice and stopped.

"You child." Kagome heard the familiar voice. "Your journey is not finished it is starting again." Kagome turned and saw a woman, shrouded in purple, blue and black cloths. She sat at a table with a crystal ball.

"What?" Kagome blinked.

"You will be reunited with the one you love." The woman said.

"Hey, just who are you?"

"Just a woman in need of someone to help."

"What are you talking about?"

"Your half-breed love will come back to you."

"He already has sorry old lady."

"No he has not."

"What!?" Kagome gasped. "Of course he has! He's been reincarnated."

"Ay, but he is not Inuyasha. He's Akki, but he can become Inuyasha. He has the spirit of Inuyasha deep within him but Inuyasha needs to be released or he will always be Akki."

"How is that supposed to happen?" Kagome wondered.

"He must remember. You need to help him remember. You were once on the same path to becoming Kikyo but that was destroyed when the spirit of Kikyo was placed in a false body. You would never become Kikyo."

"So I bring back his old memories and he'll be Inuyasha?"

"Exactly."

"Great! But how do you know this?"

Suddenly a large gust of wind blew and the woman, table, chair and crystal ball disappeared. "Hey wait!" Kagome cried. "Oh my gosh!" She yelped and looked down at her watch. "Oh man! I'm really late now!" She ran off even faster than she had been before.

***

"So why were you so late today?" Akki asked as the last bell rang and the two walked out of the classroom.

"Some weirdo lady stopped me and told me something. I think it was important though." Kagome explained.

"So you still want to show me around?" Akki wondered.

"Sure! That'd be great!" Kagome smiled.

"Hey calm down. This isn't anything big."

"Right." Kagome toned down her smiled a little, but inside she had the biggest smile ever.

***

Kagome and Akki sat at a table inside Kagome's favorite restaurant, next to the large window. "So what'd you think?" Kagome wondered.

"Eh, pretty good I guess." Akki shrugged and took a sip of his soda.

"Hey, it's almost 5 we better go somewhere else." Kagome pointed out.

"Good idea. I really don't want anyone seeing me with dog-ears, claws and fangs." Akki smirked.

"Aw why not? You're such an adorable little puppy!" Kagome teased.

"Oh shut up." Akki rolled his eyes and got up. "Come on lets go."

"Right." Kagome nodded and got up as well.

As they got outside rain began to drip down on their heads, slowly getting stronger. "Oh no! We're going to get soaked!" Kagome whined.

"Hurry up! Follow me; we'll go to my place so you can get a ride or something. It's closer than your temple." Akki offered and began to run off with Kagome following.

By the time they reached Akki's apartment building they were both soaked. "Arg… This is so embarrassing!" Kagome blushed deeply, knowing full well her wet; white shirt was clinging to her body.

"This way." Akki led Kagome to the elevator making sure not to look back at her. `Not that I want to look.' Akki thought scornfully.

When they got up to the apartment Akki walked into what must have been her bedroom and came out carrying a sweatshirt and a pair of pajama pants. "Here." He shoved them in her direction without looking. "You can go in the bathroom and change into these."

"Um…thanks." Kagome took the close and went into the bathroom.

***

When Kagome got out Akki was in a pair of baggy jeans and a red tee shirt. He was now in his half-demon form. "So do you live here alone?" Kagome asked as she sat down next to him. `I'm wearing his clothes…' She thought and blushed.

"No. Kagome, are you feeling all right? You're all red." Akki noted and put the palm of his hand on her forehead. "Well you don't feel warm."

"Oh! Don't worry!" Kagome blushed even more. "I'm fine! It must be from all the running. Don't worry about it." She lied.

"Akki? Is that you?" An old voice called as the main door opened and an elderly woman walked in carrying a bag of groceries.

"Yeah I'm in the living room!" Akki called.

"Ah I see you brought your new friend home with you." The woman smiled as she walked into the room. "Hello, I'm…"

"KAEDE!?" Kagome shot out of her seat in shock.

"Why yes child. I should have known you'd figure it out right away." The woman smiled.

"What!?" Akki got up too. "You're not Kaede! You're Rikou!"

"Yes, but I am the reincarnated Kaede, younger sister to Kikyo." Kaede nodded. "And unlike you I have gained my old spirit back. You pushed me to remember subconsciously."

"I did?"

"Yes. I knew I knew you from the moment I saw you. I worked at the orphanage since I was a teenager like you and always I had wanted to adopt one of the children but feared I didn't have all the responsibility to take care of a child. Then I saw you. You were only 4 but I knew I had to adopt you, so I did." She explained.

"So you remember everything?"

"Aye."

"Do you know if…if Naraku has been reborn?"

"Undoubtedly."

"That is not good. We need to find the Shikon Jewel! And the Tetsugia!" Kagome started freaking out.

"Calm down child!" Kaede urged.

"Yeah Kagome. Why don't you call you're place and say you're staying here for dinner and then you and Rikou can help bring whatever memories I have so maybe we can do something." Akki planned.

"Okay." Kagome nodded as he handed her a portable phone.

***

After a few hours of reminiscing Akki still had no clue about his past life. "Kaede, I think the big thing now is to figure out where Inuyasha left the Tetsugia. Don't you think?"

"Yes, that's probably for the best. Akki, I will now tell you Inuyasha's death."

***

After Kaede's explanation of Inuyasha's death Akki looked at the two women with a rather distraught face. "You mean, I, he killed himself, for…for you!?" He exploded.

"Hey!" Kagome slammed her fist on the table. "I don't need your attitude okay!?" She cried and stood up. "I'm leaving!" She dashed out into the hallway with tears dribbling down her face.

"Akki, you better go apologize to her." Kaede warned.

"Oh fine. I'll never get you girls you know that?" Akki placed a hat on his head to cover his ears and grabbed Kagome's school uniform, then left.

"Hey Kagome!" He called as he spotted her waiting at the elevators. "Wait up!"

"Leave me alone!" Kagome huffed and marched to the stairs deciding the elevator was too slow.

"Oh come on and listen! I'm sorry! I didn't mean to make you cry or anything! I hate crying!"

"I know!" She screamed.

"Wha?"

"Inuyasha was the same way." Kagome suddenly stopped. "You're exactly like him in practically everyway and it hurts so much knowing you're not really him. I miss him and all my other friends terribly and I thought I'd never see them again! Now I may have the chance but it seems to be slipping through my fingers slowly…"

"Ah…"

"Akki!" She shouted and ran to him falling into his arms crying. "It hurts so much…"

Akki awkwardly wrapped his arms around her to comfort her. That's when Inuyasha's nose perked up. "That smell…" He whispered.

"Huh?" Kagome sniffled and looked up.

"You smell so familiar. Like…" Suddenly Akki froze.

"Akki!?" Kagome shook him a bit. "I remember!" Akki shouted. "I know where the Tetsugia is!" Come on!" Akki grabbed Kagome and put her on his bag and he ran as fast as possible to Kagome's temple and the rain had stopped to Kagome's relief.

Author's Notes: Yup, that's it for now. I know it's a small cliffe but hey! Hope you liked it! ^_^