InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Falling All Over Again ❯ Thunder and Lightning ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Falling All Over Again

Chapter Seven

~Selene Serenity~

Disclaimer: I don't own Inuyasha. Please don't copy or steal.

Author's Notes: Whee! Next chapter ready to go! So lets see, we left the group off sensing a powerful force heading their way. What could it be? Also there was a little confusion on the age's of people…So I'll do my best to explain everyone's current age in the fic. Shippo is the youngest, about six, next is Koaru/Rin, she's about nine. Next in line is Souta, about twelve, then Kohaku/Hediki, around thirteen. Kagome and Akki/Inuyasha are next, their both sixteen. After that is Koto/Miroku and Shimu/Sango, who are seventeen. Lastly is Aokai/Sesshomaru, who's about twenty.

~Chapter Seven~

"Kit, Shimu, Koto, you three should get back in the house. You don't have any weapons yet!" Akki cried as the force become stronger and closer.

"Well what about you?" Kit wondered. "The sun hasn't gone down yet!"

"Yeah, you can't use the Tetsugia." Koto remembered.

"I don't care. I'm not going to sit around and do nothing! I'm going to stay and fight." Akki exclaimed. "Now go!"

The three ran back to the temple with Kagome not far behind. She went into the temple and grabbed some arrows and her bow. "Akki! That must be it!" She cried when she joined him at the steps.

Akki looked at where Kagome was now pointing. There was a huge, dark storm cloud floating at a fast pace, right towards them. "A cloud? What is a cloud going to do to us?" Akki spat.

"Did you hear that Maten?" A voice cackled from the cloud. "They think we're just a cloud!"

"We'll have to prove them wrong, won't we brother?" Another voice replied.

"Of course." With that two figures shot out of the cloud, landing right in front of Akki and Kagome.

"The Thunder brothers!?" Kagome gasped.

"The who?" Akki wondered.

"The Thunder brothers. They were the two that killed Shippo's father!" Kagome explained. "God, we need the sun to set now!"

"Too bad it hasn't!" Hiten rushed to Akki holding his thunder pike in the air.

As a reflex Akki pulled out the Tetsugia, but it didn't transform so it was useless. Akki was hurled back against the side of the temple.

"Akki!" Kagome cried.

"Now woman, you really should pay more attention to what's going near you, not far over there…" Maten said, now standing right behind Kagome. Kagome gasped and spun around, just as Maten gave her a hard knock in the stomach, sending her over with Akki.

"Ow…" She moaned in pain and held her stomach.

"Come on." Akki grumbled and stood up. He grabbed Kagome's hand and pulled her up. "Get on my back. We need to get out of here for now."

Kagome got up on Akki's back as fast as she could. `Running away?' She thought. `That's not like Inuyasha…'

Akki then sped up and ran into the forest at the back of the temple.

Meanwhile Kit, Shimu and Koto watched from inside the temple. "They need help!" Shimu gasped.

"Which is one thing we lack." Koto pointed out. "I mean if we really are the reincarnated monk and demon exterminator, then why don't we have something useful to fight with like Akki does?"

"Well Kagome told me that Akki didn't have the Tetsugia until recently when he remembered part of his past life." Kit explained. "I think we're going to need to remember stuff before we'll be of any help to the two of them."

"I suppose that makes sense." Shimu nodded. "So as we regain memories we also regain certain skills."

"Yes, but who knows how long that will take. Akki and Kagome need help now." Koto sighed.

Kit peered silently out the window at the two demons searching for Kagome and Akki. They were both nearing where they hid. Kit began to panic. `Oh no! They're going to get caught! Mama Kagome! I need to help!' He thought.

Suddenly pictures of Kagome and Akki, only he was in his demon form, fighting Hiten and Maten, only this was from before. It was a…memory?

"Um…Kit?" Shimu blinked at Kit.

"What is it?" He asked, and then noticed his voice sounded different.

Shimu merely pointed at Kit and gaped at him.

"What?" He wondered then looked down. He no longer had his own body, but Kagome's. "Ahhh!" He shouted. "What happened!?"

"Kit…Kagome said you were a fox demon in your previous life correct?" Koto asked.

"Yeah."

"Well foxes are known to use illusions to transform. Perhaps you have gained the power of illusion." Koto explained. "Did you just remember something?"

"Yeah, it was when we fought Hiten and Maten, those guys outside, the first time." Kit nodded.

"Kit! You can distract them!" Shimu cried. "Go out there and get them away from Kagome and Akki. It's almost sundown, so that should give Akki enough time to transform.

Kit took a big gulp. "Okay." He agreed meekly. Another big gulp and he was out the door.

"Hey! You ugly freaks! I'm over here!" Kit called out.

"There's the girl brother!" Maten pointed out.

"Heh, stupider than I thought." Hiten smirked. The two of them began running after kit.

"Wah!" Kit yelped and ran off to the front of the temple.

"Kit!" Kagome gasped. She jumped up. "I'm going after them." She stated and began to run off.

"And what exactly do you plan on doing?" Akki demanded.

"I don't know, but I won't let them hurt Kit!" Kagome gripped her bow and scowled.

"Then I'm coming too. I can still help." Akki sighed and stood up.

"No." Kagome replied. "You wait here until you transform. We can't afford you getting hurt as a human." And with that she ran off.

"Stupid Kagome." Akki sighed. "I can help!"

***

"Ah ha! I've got you now you little wench!" Maten laughed as he grabbed Kit and held him up in the air.

"Heh. Guess again." Kit smirked a bit, acting braver than he felt. His hair extended, changing back to its normal color and wrapped around Maten wrists.

"What!?" Hiten and Maten both exclaimed.

"Same trick as last time eh?" Kit remarked.

"Maten, deal with this imposter, I shall find the other two." Hiten ordered.

"Yes brother." Maten nodded.

Suddenly an arrow flew at Maten's forehead with incredible force. Maten screamed in pain and dropped Kit to the ground. Kagome rushed to him and caught Kit, in his normal form. Maten was now on his knees, scrambling to find something. "What's he doing Kagome?" Kit wondered.

"A jewel shard!" Kagome gasped and saw the sparkling shard on the ground in front of her. Maten lept for it but was too late, for Kagome had picked it up.

"You shouldn't take what isn't yours." Hiten laughed lightly and kicked Kagome, knocking her flat on her back. "Now give me the jewel shard and I shall give you a quick death."

"Kagome!" Kit cried. "Are you okay!?"

"Yeah." Kagome coughed a bit. "I'm fine." She clutched the jewel shard tighter. "I'll never give it to dirty scum like you!" She yelled at Hiten.

"Fine then." Hiten smirked then raised his thunder pike up into the air, ready for the kill. Just as he started to lower the pike, Akki jumped in front of Kagome and Kit, blocking the pike with the now transformed Tetsugia.

"Leave them out of this!" Akki growled and he fought with Hiten.

"So I see you've transformed."

"Yeah."

"Ah well. You're still a filthy half demon, I'll kill you anyways." Hiten spat.

"Don't be so sure of that!" Akki shouted as the force of the Tetsugia pushed Hiten back a bit. "Kagome! You two deal with the other one, but be careful!"

"Don't worry we will!" Kagome replied as ran off with Kit, Maten following.

"So, a half-breed with a human? Heh, how lower can you go?" Hiten laughed as he and Akki spared off again.

"What the hell are you talking about!?" Akki screamed. "Just shut up and fight me!" With a sudden burst of strength he knocked Hiten of his balance for a moment and cut his arm open a bit. "Heh."

"Don't get over confident fool!" Hiten shouted and attacked Akki with some lightning, making Akki fall to the ground.

Meanwhile Kagome was trying to figure out how to beat Maten while she ran from him. "We don't have long Kagome! He's gaining on us!" Kit cried.

"I know!!!" Kagome gasped for breath. `Maten's still got two Shikon shards. That should be our first objective, to get them.'

"Kit, do you think you can pull of any more illusions?" Kagome asked.

"Um…I don't know anymore except changing into people….and maybe things." Kit replied.

"Ugh." Kagome sighed. "We need your top."

"My top?" Kit dug into his pocket and pulled out a wooden, red a green top. "What good will this do?"

"Well I mean, Shippo, he could use illusions to make the top seem bigger and attack with it." Kagome explained.

"Oh. I'm sorry Kagome." Kit bit his lip.

"No, it's okay Kit." Kagome assured him. "If you don't remember it's not your fault. We'll figure something else out."

Without them noticing, Maten caught up and grabbed Kagome's arm. "Got you now!" And with that he swung Kagome and Kit to the ground. "Not so strong now huh?" Maten then placed his foot on top of Kagome's stomach and pressed down.

"Owww…" Kagome squinted in pain.

"Ha! Humans are such weaklings!"

"Kagome!" Kit cried.

"Don't worry little one I'll kill you next." Maten smirked.

"Kit…get out of here…" Kagome said weakly.

"No! I won't leave you like this."

"I said go!" She shouted.

Reluctantly Kit nodded and ran off. "You can run boy, but I'll find you!" Maten shouted after him.

Kit gave a small yelp of fear and ran off into the woods. He reached a small clearing and stopped. "I'm such a baby." Kit sighed. "I couldn't help Mama Kagome." He slumped down and sat on the ground, leaning against a tree. "I want to help." He sniffled and began to cry.

A leaf slowly fell from the tree he was leaning against and landed in Kit's lap. "Huh? A leaf?" Kit blinked away some tears. Suddenly images of his father, his demon father, teaching him how to use illusions appeared in his head. Tops, duplicates, horses, all sorts of things, all starting with a leaf. "That's it!" Kit shouted as he picked up the leaf and ran back to where he had left Kagome.

***

Kagome was in pain. He stomach hurt from Maten huge foot pressing down on her, but also she had numerous scratches over her body and her head was throbbing from when Maten had first thrown her against the house. Not to mention she was slowly running out of air.

Suddenly Maten shouted and fell down to the ground. Kagome gasped for air as he got off her and began to sit up. "Mama Kagome!" Kit cried and ran to her side. "Look! I did it!" He smiled and pointed at Maten who was flat on the ground with a giant top spinning on his back, keeping him down.

"Good job Kit!" Kagome said as she reached for one of her arrows and hurried over to Maten. She walked to his head and spotted the other two jewel shards. Maten shouted out in pain, not knowing the top was a fake. Kagome took the opportunity and drove the arrowhead into Maten's forehead, digging out the shards.

"NOOOO!!!!!" Maten screamed as Kagome placed the shards in her pocket.

Kit's top began to grow back to normal size so Kagome backed up so Maten could not attack. But instead of getting up and going after her, Maten stayed on the ground, shaking slightly. "No…" He moaned in pain as he began to turn into dust.

"What the?" Kagome and Kit blinked at disappearing figure.

"The shards…" Maten said just before turning completely into dust, and in the middle of the dust, a small wooden figure with a single hair tied around it.

"Naraku!" Kagome gasped. "These were just puppets made by Naraku!"

"What!?" Kit said and clinged to Kagome.

"It's okay, I don't think he's here, but we need to tell Akki. Come on!" Kagome said and started to run off.

***

Akki got off the ground after being thrown down quite a few times. "You failure! You're not to Inuyasha I fought last time! You have no skill whatsoever!" Hiten laughed, pointing the thunder pike at Akki's throat.

Out of nowhere an arrow flew and picked up some of Hiten sleeve, pinning him to the wall. "Akki!" Kagome cried as she and Kit ran over. "Akki! You just need to get the shards and he'll die!" She informed him.

"Really now?" Akki smirked. He ran up to Hiten and aimed at his forehead.

"I don't think so! I won't go down that easily!" Hiten said, forcing back the Tetsugia with his thunder pike.

Akki backed up a bit, Hiten right in front of him. The two backed up more and more until Akki was up against a tree. "Fool." Hiten laughed. "Now you have no where to run!" With that he lunged the thunder pike at Akki, who immediately ducked.

"Ha! Who's the fool now!?" Akki cackled for Hiten now had his thunder pike stuck in the tree. Before Hiten had the chance to move Akki used the Tetsugia to take out Hiten's jewel shards. Hiten screamed loudly as his body crumbled to dust, leaving behind the same wooden doll Naraku always used.

"Akki! That was great!" Kagome smiled as she and Kit walked over to him.

"Kagome?" Akki said as he panted heavily. "Are you okay? You look like you're about to pass out.

"Look who's talking!" Kagome laughed weakly.

"Kagome! Akki! Kit!" Shimu and Koto called as they ran outside and joined the other three.

"That was amazing!" Shimu complemented.

"Yes, very well executed, though you had us worried for a while." Koto agreed.

"Yeah…those two they were pretty tough…" Kagome said faintly and she began to sway back and forth.

"Kagome?" Akki asked worriedly.

And that was the last thing she heard before passing out.

Author's notes: Yo! I finally finished a new chapter! Sorry about the wait. I've been lacking idea's on this chapter, but I had plenty of brainstorms for future chapters. Idea's involving Miroku, and another with Sesshi+Rin…though not romantically. (Sorry folks.) Well please review! Bye!