InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Falling All Over Again ❯ Remembrance ( Chapter 9 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Falling All Over Again

Chapter Nine

~Selene Serenity~

Disclaimer: I don't own Inuyasha. Please don't copy or steal!!

Authors Notes: Wah…I didn't get that many reviews! I hope you guys are reading! That was a crucial chapter man…. well anyways, here's the continuation…

~Chapter Nine~

"Koto! I mean, Miroku!" Kagome burst out. "Do you remember everything?" She asked.

"Yeah…" He breathed heavily. "Kaede, could you make something to cover the Wind Tunnel?" He looked up at the elderly woman.

"Of course." She nodded. "But I'll need your help Kagome."

"Me?" Kagome blinked and pointed at herself. "What can I do?"

"Well, we'll need a powerful spell, my miko powers alone won't cut it, and I'll need your powers as well." Kaede explained.

"All right." Kagome nodded.

Kaede then pulled out a fingerless, black glove from a drawer and placed it on the table. "Now Kagome just concentrate you're powers into the glove. I'll control the spell. Kagome nodded again and placed her hands just above the glove, concentrating her power into them. About an hour later the glove was completed and handed to Miroku. He put it on, and then buried his face in his hands, crying silently.

"Miroku…" Kagome reached out to touch his shoulder, but pulled her hand back.

"Kagome, lets give him some time alone." Kaede advised.

"Okay." Kagome nodded. "Miroku, we'll just be in the next room." And with that the two miko's left.

"What happened to Koto!?" Shimu burst out and ran over to Kagome.

"Shimu, you remember how I told you that Miroku, Koto's past self had a wind tunnel in her hand?" Kagome wondered. Shimu nodded. "Well Kagura gave him back that tonight." She said solemnly.

"What!?" Shimu gasped. "But didn't you say that could kill him!?"

"It can if we don't get to Naraku soon and kill him." Kagome replied.

"Sounds like a good idea." Akki announced. "Why don't we go find him?"

"Because…" Kagome replied. "You're not ready yet! You can barely wield the Tetsugia. If we could find Toutosai…that might help."

"Who?" Akki raised an eyebrow.

"Toutosai, he created the Tetsugia and Tensigia, your brother's sword." Kagome explained. "He can give you the training you need."

"Oh goodie." Akki rolled his eyes.

"Well, I'm going to call my mom and tell her I'm spending the night. Shimu if you want you can say you're sleeping at my place." Kagome suggested.

"All right. Thanks. I don't think my parents would approve of me spending the night at a guy's apartment." Shimu smirked.

***

Late that night, or possibly early the next morning, Kagome was awoken by a rustling noise. She sat up and spotted someone sitting on the balcony of the apartment, the sliding door open. She got out from under her blanket and walked over to the person. It turned out to be Miroku. "How are you doing?" She asked and sat down beside him, shivering a bit.

"I've been better…" He sighed, looking up at the sky. "Thank you though Kagome for sealing the wind tunnel for me."

"Yeah, no problem." Kagome nodded. "So…what was it like?"

"What was what like?"

"Getting all you're memories back."

"It was weird I suppose. At first it seemed painful, all of the memories colliding…but in a split second it was over and everything just felt…right." He explained.

"The wind tunnel isn't what's bothering you is it?" Kagome guessed.

"Is it that obvious?" Miroku wondered.

"With you…yes." Kagome smirked.

Miroku sighed and glanced over at Shimu's sleeping form. "We were going to get married you know? She was the only girl who ever made me want to settle down." He almost laughed.

"What happened? I mean if you don't want to talk about it its okay…"

"No, I'd rather share it, than keep it in." He took a deep breath and looked back up at the sky. It wasn't long after you had gone and Inuyasha killed himself." Kagome winced at the thought. "In an uproar over the disappearance of the Shikon no Tama, a horde of demons attacked the village and while Sango and I stopped them from hurting anyone, we still fought to our deaths…"

"Oh Miroku…" Kagome gasped.

"But, I'm glad we went together and I didn't leave her behind. You're story is a very tragic one indeed."

"Yeah, but we have a second chance. This time we have to make everything count. Right?" Kagome smiled.

"Right." Miroku nodded in agreement. "It hurts doesn't it?"

"Huh?"

"Seeing him everyday, but not being able to share those memories of before." Miroku evaluated.

"Yeah." Kagome sighed painfully. "But it must be the same for you know."

"Of course. I won't be completely happy until the day she returns to me."

Kagome took one last look up at the stars and then looked back at Miroku. "Come on. We should get some sleep." She stood up then helped him up.

"Oh." He smirked. "So you want me to sleep with you…" He said slyly.

Kagome immediately slapped the back of his head and sighed. "While I'm glad to hear you being back to your old self, I'd appreciate it if you weren't such a pervert!" She scowled.

***

The early sunny rays of the morning glimmered at Shimu's eyes, awakening her first. She sighed and turned on to her side on the floor. Being only inches away from Koto she gasped and backed away a bit, not wanting to wake him. She noticed he was mumbling something in his sleep, but couldn't quite hear what. All she could tell is that he wasn't having a very enjoyable dream, his face was scrunched up in a scowl and he clung tightly to his blanket. "Koto..." She whispered softly and nudged his shoulder.

"Urg..." He mumbled as he slowly came out of his sleep. He opened his eyes and saw Shimu starring at him with concerned eyes. "Oh! San...Shimu. What's wrong?" He asked and sat up.

"Oh it's nothing." Shimu replied. "You we're just having a nightmare so I thought I'd wake you up from it."

"Ah I see. Thank you." He nodded.

"Sure."

***

After school on Monday, Miroku left his final class and waited for Shimu as he had always done. He sighed and leaned against the cement wall. 'She doesn't remember...Not a thing.' He thought.

"Hey Koto!" Her voice called. She had just exited the school and she waved and walked to him.

"Hello Shimu." He placed a fake smile on his face. 'No need to upset her.' He told himself. "Ready to go?"

"Yeah." She replied. "You remember I have to go meet Hideki right?" She questioned him.

"Of course." He nodded.

"You don't have to come you know." She looked at him.

"That's all right. I don't mind." He assured her. "I rather like our walks together you know."

"Hey! Why are you going sweet on me all of a sudden?"

"Well Shimu...if you'd rather have me..." He said as he reached out towards her chest.

"Don't even think about it!" Shimu blushed and pushed his hand away. As she did, Miroku took her hand and held it, almost to assure himself she was there.

Shimu froze.

Demons

Brother

Naraku...evil

Pain...

Friends

Family

Gone...

Miroku...

"Shimu! Shimu are you all right!?" Miroku asked frantically as he shook her.

She suddenly snapped out of her trance. "Huh...what? Miroku?" She blinked.

"What?" Miroku gasped.

"What? Koto...what did I say?" She said in utter confusion.

"Uh...nothing, Shimu...nothing at all." He smiled.

And at that moment a faint glimmer of hope showed itself to Miroku. 'I'll have her back. I will. And this time we'll do things right.'

Author's Notes: Ah yes...quite a fluffy chapter huh? More actual plot next time! Now I know names are going to get a little confusing so I want you to tell me, once people remember, should I call them by their reincarnated names still or their first names? Please review!