InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Falling All Over Again ❯ Arcade ( Chapter 10 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Falling All Over Again

Chapter Ten

~Selene Serenity~

Disclaimer: I don't own Inuyasha. Please don't copy or steal this fanfic!

Authors Notes: Hey everyone! New chapter! YEAH! ^_^ Ummm not much to say, just enjoy!

~Chapter Ten~

Kagome sighed and leaned up against the wall off a tall office building. "This is ridiculous. We've been looking for the reincarnated Toutosai everywhere and there's still no sign of him."

"Perhaps we shouldn't look for him, but he'll come to us. That's what's happened so far at least." Shimu suggested.

"Keh, I could care less." Akki said. "I don't need some stupid training."

"Of course you do Akki. You need to relearn everything about your sword and how to use it." Miroku reminded him.

"I've been doing just fine." Akki stated.

"But Akki, you always loose so much energy after fighting. I wouldn't call that fine." Shimu pointed out.

"Oh what do you know?" Akki exploded. "You can't even fight!"

"AKKI!" Kagome shouted. "Sit!"

Akki collapsed to the ground at Kagome's command and lay there for a few minutes, but quickly recovered.

"Stop that!" Akki said to Kagome.

"Only if you stop being a jerk!" Kagome replied. "Once Shimu recovers her memory she'll be a great fighter!"

"It's all right Kagome." Sango sighed. "Its true, I am of no help to any of you."

Miroku looked at Shimu painfully, but could say nothing.

"Sango! That's not true." Kagome tried to assure her.

"But it is. Inuyasha is a great fighter, Shippo can use illusions, you have you're arrows, and while the wind tunnel is a curse to Koto it helps him fight. I…I can't do anything." She said sadly.

"Shimu, I'm sure you will be able to help us soon." Miroku finally said, resting a hand on her shoulder.

"Thank you…" Sango took a deep breath. "Oh! I told Hideki I'd meet him at the arcade!" She remembered.

"That's right, he's with Souta and Kit isn't he?" Kagome pointed out.

"Great…which means that Koaru will be there too…." Akki groaned.

"Oh boy, I hope Sesshomaru won't be around…" Kagome shivered a bit. "Well…let's get this over with."

***

The old arcade owner, Mr. Takeru sighed as he looked over at the corner of the arcade where the DDR machine was set up. Playing were some of his usual customers, Souta and Koaru, while Hediki and Kit watched and cheered. Specifically the man was looking at Rin. 'If she's here…I'm sure he'll be coming soon.' He thought worriedly.

As if on cue, the bell attached to the arcade door rang as it opened. Aokai entered the arcade, looking around. He spotted Kaoru at the back with her friends and called to her. "Kaoru, its time to go now."

Koaru, who had just beat Souta at DDR, spun around and saw him. "All right Aokai." She said, slightly disappointed, but went to him right away. "Bye guys!" She waved at Kit, Souta and Hediki.

As they neared the exit Aokai looked over at the owner and quickly glared at him, then turned away because the door was opening once again, this time, Akki, Kagome, Shimu and Miroku entering. He glare was of course now aimed at them.

Akki met his glare, but said nothing. 'Could it be?' Mr. Takeru thought eagerly.

Aokai looked over the group. "I see you found the other two humans." He sneered at Miroku and Shimu.

Kagome took a deep breath. "Ah, so you can remember that much can you…AOKAI." Kagome said bravely, though she felt far more fear on the inside.

Aokai tensed a bit at her words but decided not to do anything in front of Kaoru. Instead he merely pushed past the group and out of the arcade. After he had gone Kagome let out a rather large sigh of relief. "I thought I was dead…"

"Are you an idiot are something!? You should start fights with him. I'm the one who always ends up fighting with him because of it!" Akki scolded her.

"Well he was being rude to Koto and Shimu!" Kagome replied.

"I don't care. You're always being stupid like this!"

"I am NOT stupid! You're the stupid one!"

"Um…excuse me…" Mr. Takeru interrupted.

"WHAT!?" Both Kagome and Inuyasha screamed at him.

He backed up a bit in shock, and then responded. "By any chance…are you that Inuyasha…Inu Taishou's son?"

"Who's that?" Inuyasha blinked at the old man.

"Yes…he is." Kagome replied for him. "How did you know that?"

Miroku leaned close to Kagome. "Doesn't he look a lot like Toutosai?" He whispered to her.

Kagome looked to old man over and blinked. "Oh yeah! Are you Toutosai!?" She asked.

The man nodded. "I am." He replied. "I see Inuyasha hasn't regained all of his memories yet." He sighed with disappointment.

"Why, still looking for protection from Sesshomaru?" Kagome said insultingly.

"Hey, he's still got it out for me I swear!" Toutosai replied.

"Riiiight. He's got his sword, I think he's happy." She smirked.

"But if he has his own sword, why doesn't he fight with it?" Akki wondered.

Kagome stopped and thought. "That's right…I don't think I've seen him with the Tensaigia OR the Tokijin."

"Exactly." Toutosai nodded. "And now he wants me to tell him where they are…like I have a clue." He sighed.

"I bet he thinks that once he finds the swords, he'll get all his memories back." Kagome deduced.

"That's very likely, so would it be a good or bad thing?" Miroku wondered.

"I think its bad either way…" Shimu sweatdropped.

"Kagome?" Souta said as he, Hediki and Kit walked over to them. "What are you all talking about?"

"Well…um a demon to be honest." Kagome replied.

"Cool!" Souta grinned.

"A…what?" Hediki said, hoping he hadn't heard what he thought he heard.

"Oops…" Kagome sweatdropped. "I forgot Hediki doesn't know about all this yet."

"It's all right Kagome." Shimu replied. "But I think I better go home with him and explain." She said and walked to the door. "Come on Hediki, we'll grab some burgers on the way home."

"All…right." Hediki replied hesitantly. The brother and sister then left together, leaving the rest to discuss.

"Oh! Toutosai!" Kagome said, turning to the old man. "We've been looking for you."

"For me? Why?" He asked.

"Well you see, because Akki still hasn't received all of his memories of Inuyasha, he can't handle the Tetsusaiga." Kagome replied.

"Ah, so you want me to train the slacker again." He said.

"WHAT!?" Akki shouted angrily. "I am NOT a slacker!"

"Akki, calm down." Kagome said. "It is true that you need to training."

"So will you do it?" Miroku asked.

"I suppose." Toutosai nodded. "You all have summer break soon do you not?" He asked.

"That's right." Kagome nodded.

"Then I shall take him over the summer and train him." Toutosai decided.

"HOLD IT!" Akki shouted. "There is no way I'm wasting my summer, training!"

***

"Bye Akki!" Kagome waved with a smile. "We'll see you at the end of the summer!"

"Bye!" Shimu, Miroku, Souta, Kit and Hideki waved as well.

"I HATE YOU ALL!!!!" Akki shouted at them as he boarded the bus with Toutosai behind him.

***

"Kagome!" Mrs. Higurashi called from the kitchen.

"Yeah?" Kagome replied from her room.

"Phone for you!"

Kagome hurried to the nearest phone and picked it up. "Hello?" She said sweetly. At first no one spoke. "Hello?" She said again.

"…Kagome."

"Sesshomaru!?"

Author's Notes: *plays dramatic music* And just what is Sesshomaru/Aokai doing calling Kagome on the phone for hm? Look for the next chapter and find out!