InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Falling All Over Again ❯ No Matter How Many Times ( Chapter 11 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Falling All Over Again

Chapter Eleven

~Selene Serenity~

Disclaimer: I don't own Inuyasha. Please don't copy or steal!

Author's Notes: Yeah…so I've had this chapter planned out for quite some time now…like since I first started the fanfic. No idea why, but ah well. I hope you enjoy it!

~Chapter Eleven~

"What do you want?" Kagome said in a hushed tone.

"I called to ask you…a favor." Aokai replied slowly.

"A favor? You think I'd do anything for you!?" Kagome shouted.

"No. But I think you would for Rin's sake."

"What?" Kagome paused. "What do you want?"

"I'm going away for the summer, and I am unable to bring Rin with me. I will need someone to take care of her. My current babysitter would not be able to take her all the time." He explained.

Kagome thought a moment. She couldn't just leave Rin in that kind of situation. She had only seen her a few times, but she knew she was a sweet girl. "Hold on a minute." Kagome said and placed the phone down. She hurried to her mom and explained that she needed to watch Rin, or rather Kaoru. Being the kind person she is, her mother agreed. Kagome returned to the phone. "All right." She said. "I'll baby-sit Rin, on the condition that you swear to come back."

"Yes. At the end of the summer I will return for her." He replied. "Goodbye." With that he hung up.

"What? No thank you?!" Kagome mumbled angrily and hung up the phone.

***

The next day Shimu, Miroku and Hideki made their way up the large stone steps leading to Kagome's shrine. When they reached the top they spotted Sesshomaru at the door. They hurriedly made their way over to him. "What are you doing here Aokai?" Miroku asked.

"I am dropping Kaoru off." Sesshomaru replied just as Kagome opened the door.

"Oh hello Kaoru!" She smiled at the girl, Kit and Souta are in the other room. Why don't you join them?"

"All right." She turned to look up at Aokai/Sesshomaru. "I'll see you at the end of the summer!" She quickly hugged his legs and ran inside.

Aokai nodded at Kagome curtly and left. Kagome rolled her eyes and turned to the other three. "Hey guys."

"What did she mean by the end of the summer Kagome?" Shimu asked.

"Well you see, I'm babysitting Kaoru until Sesshomaru comes back from whatever it is he's doing. I'd assume he's going to find his swords of course." Kagome explained.

"And you're just going to let him!?" Miroku asked.

Kagome shrugged. "I guess so. Why don't you three come in?"

***

"Kagome, what possessed you to do a favor for…for…HIM!?" Miroku said with exasperation. 'I'm starting to sound like Inuyasha.' He thought.

"I'm not doing it for Sesshomaru. I'm only doing it for Rin. She's just a little girl, I had to do something for her." Kagome replied.

"But what if Sesshomaru finds his swords?" Shimu asked worriedly.

Kagome didn't say anything for a moment. "Well…I really don't think he'll do anything to us. I mean he did just kind of disappear back in the feudal era."

Miroku sighed. "All right. Just be careful Kagome." He replied.

Shimu stood up. "We better get going Koto." She said. "We'll be late."

"Oh that's right." Kagome smiled. "You two are working at the orphanage with Kaede over the summer aren't you?"

"Yeah. I really need to money since I live alone with Hediki." Shimu nodded.

"Okay, then I'll see you two later." Kagome said as the two left.

***

A few weeks later, after numerous attacks from fake demons, spiders, snakes, centipedes, among others, peace had finally come for a short while. Kagome sighed as she watched the four children playing video games in the living room. 'Boooooring.' She thought as she took a sip from her drink.

Just then someone knocked on the door. Kagome went to open it and saw Miroku standing there, out of breath. "Miroku, what's wrong?" She asked.

"Have…have you seen Sango, er Shimu?" He asked.

"No. Why?" Kagome replied.

"She's missing. She came to the orphanage with me, but now I can't find here anywhere."

"Calm down Miroku, maybe she just went home."

"I called and no one picked up. I have a feeling that something really wrong is going on here."

"KAGOME!!!" Kit, Koaru and Souta called in a panic from the other room.

"What is it?" Kagome asked as she and Miroku ran in.

"It's Hediki, he disappeared!!!" Kaoru explained frantically.

"Yeah, he said something about Sango and then 'Yes Master Naraku'." Souta added.

"WHAT!?" Kagome and Miroku shouted.

"Not good…." Kagome gulped. "Naraku must be planning to have them kill each other or something."

"Damn. We can't let that happen…but how is Naraku controlling Kohaku?" Miroku gritted his teeth.

"It's probably due to the fact that he hasn't gotten his memories back." Kagome guessed. She bit her lip nervously. "How are we supposed to find them?"

"If I had something that belongs to either of them, I might be able to faintly trace them." Miroku said. "That is if I still have all those abilities." (AN: At least I think he'd be able to do something like that. If not…well he can now.)

"I'm sure you do. Let's see…" Kagome looked around the room.

"Kagome, Hideki brought some of his games over!" Souta said pointing to the pile of games on the floor.

"Perfect!" Kagome said and she and Miroku kneeled down near them. Miroku took one in his hands and closed his eyes, concentrating on it. Soon his eyes shot open and he stood up. "I got it. They're at the park."

"Let's go!" Kagome ran to the door and opened it..

"Kagome, how will we get to them in time though. On our feet we'll never make it before Naraku does something to them!" Miroku pointed out.

"Gah!" Kagome shouted and collapsed to the ground in frustration. "Well then what do we do!?" Just then she heard a mewing from outside. "Be quiet Buyo!" She called back at the source of the sound.

"Um…That's not Buyo…" Miroku pointed at the animal.

Kagome turned around that Miroku was right, it was not Buyo, but… "Kirara!?" The small demon mewed in reply.

***

"Boy, that sure was lucky!" Kagome grinned as she patter Kirara's back as she and Miroku rode on her back to find Shimu and Hideki.

"Let's just hope we're lucky enough to get there in time." Miroku said worriedly.

"Don't worry, I'm sure we will." Kagome replied, displaying more confidence than she felt. 'Please be okay.' She prayed silently.

***

They reached the park and the two got off Kirara who went back to her small size. The all ran into the park, Kagome now picking up the aura of a jewel shard. They quickly found Shimu and Hideki, who stood at a slight distance from each other. Hideki in his hand, held the chain sickle that he used in his previous life. He seemed to be in a trance, while Shimu just watched on in fear.

"NO!" Kagome gasped as Hideki raised the sickle.

"Damn, we'll never reach them in time." Miroku gritted his teeth but ran forwards anyways. Kagome quickly took and arrow and placed it on her bow. 'No.' She thought determinedly. "I will NOT let it happen again!" She cried and let her arrow fly just as Hideki threw the sickle at Shimu. The glowing arrow attached to the sickle and flung it far away from anyone. Hideki snapped out of his trance immediately and fell forwards, towards Shimu.

"KOHAKU!" Shimu shouted and ran to her brother and caught him. She fell to her knees and cradled him in her lap. "Kohaku, Kohaku, are you all right?" She asked, crying.

He weakly looked up at her and gave her a slight smile. "I'll be okay, sister, Sango…" He assured her before passing out.

Miroku hurried over to her and kneeled next to her. She immediately looked to him, tears streaming down her face. "Miroku!" She cried and buried her face on his shoulder. "I…I almost let it happen again!"

Her muffled voice the name that Miroku had not expected to hear. He looked down at her in slight shock, but wrapped his arm around her. "It's all right Sango. Kohaku and you are safe, and that's all that matters." He told her soothingly.

Sango looked up to Miroku's face. "How…how long have you known?" She asked.

"Since Kagura's attack." Miroku replied.

"I'm sorry, so sorry I made you wait." She felt horrible.

"It's not your fault Sango." Miroku tried to assure her.

Kagome walked over to the three quietly. "Will you be all right?" Kagome whispered. "I don't sense Naraku around anymore."

Miroku nodded. "Yes, I'll take Sango and Kohaku home." He replied.

"All right." Kagome nodded and began to walk home, Kirara following her. She sighed. 'I'm glad they're okay.' She thought. 'But that all seemed a bit too easy. What is Naraku up to?'

Miroku didn't know how long they stayed there, with Sango crying on him. But eventually he calmed her down. "Are you ready to go home?" He asked her softly.

"Yes." She sniffled. "I feel slightly better now, thank you." She got off of him and stood up, holding Kohaku up with her.

Miroku took Kohaku up and carried him on his back. "Then lets go."

"Right." Sango agreed.

They walked in silence for a few minutes, until Sango broke the silence. "So…we're in high school, yet technically married." She let out a small laugh.

Miroku thought a moment, and then smiled. "That's right isn't it? But we'll have to have another marriage…that is if you'll still have me." He glanced kindly at her.

"Of course I would." Sango replied. "No matter how many times we're reborn, I'll always love you."

"I'm glad. Because that's exactly how I feel Sango."

A pause, then Sango spoke again, a smirk on her face. "Though another thing that never changes is your perverted ways."

"Heh? Well I suppose old habits are hard to break." He chuckled. "Though you obviously don't mind." He slowly moved one of his hands behind her.

"You better not let Kohaku fall." She glared at him.

"Of course not!" Miroku sweatdropped and brought his hand back to keep Kohaku from falling off his back.

Author's Notes: Whee! Sango and Kohaku are back. I hope the fluff came out okay. I'm not too sure. Please tell me what you think!