InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Fate: A Collection of Drabbles and Ficlets ❯ Anima ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

“Title”
 
Miroku had found Sango leaning over a chest; she was wearing a fancy kimono and makeup. He walked toward her and asked, “What are you wearing?”
“It was my mothers I wore it to festivals and ceremonies, after she passed away,” she sat down and invited him to join her, “actually my aunt made me wear clothes like this, she wanted me to find a good husband and settle down. So during festevals and celebrations she would dress me up in this and and put makeup on me. I never liked it, because I had no interest marridge. I did not want to be know as so-and-so's wife, or Sango the wife of so-and-so. I also did not want to be known as just a demon slayer. I guess I just wanted to have my own identity, and not be molded into someones idea of a `perfect wife.'” There was was an awkward pause.
“But why are you wearing all of this now?”
“I don't know I just found it and then I put it on. I just wanted to prove that I can compete with those other girls you've flirted with.” She hung her head shamefully. Miroku tilted her chin upwards and wiped the makeup off with his sleeve.
“You don't have to wear all of this to be beautiful. I love you because of who you are not what you are. I love you because you are strong, independent, and fearless, not because you have a pretty face, or because you wear finery. I love you because you are you, not some girl told to please, entertain and submit. You are real, and have a personality, you can think for yourself, and you do not hide your true self behind makeup and finery. That is why.” He pulled her closer and hugged her.
“So the other girls they mean nothing now?”
“Yes,” he smiled and said,”You mean a lot to me, Sango.”
“I know, Miroku, I know.”