InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Fate ❯ The beginnings of Fate ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

When was it that life became so utterly complicated? So confusing. So unbearable. It seemed that everyday was the same as the last and the days ahead stretched on forever. There would be no end to this routine. Forced forever to be stuck in a cycle of pointless actions.

Wake up before the sun, dress, and go about your day. Nothing interesting ever happens.

That was everyone else's lives though.

There is one girl who has one of the most exciting lives.

That girl was Higurashi, Kagome. The reincarnation of the most powerful of Mikos, the girl who defied the laws of time, and the girl who had fallen in love with a Hanyou from the past.

The years the Hanyou Inuyasha and Kagome spent together on their quest for the Shikon no Tama shards brought them closer and closer.

The years gave Kagome everything a person could ask for. Friends, who were always there in times of need. Family, that was supportive. And love, of every kind imaginable.

Not everything was all well though. There is always another side to a story. The band of friends were up against the biggest evil Japan had ever seen. A Hanyou called Naraku. Not to mention Naraku's swarms of demons. He was there main competition for the shards of the jewel of four souls.

Then there was Kikyo the undead priestess. She was maybe the worst of there nemeses. For she kept the two who were meant for each other apart. She ignored the fact that the fates had planned on their meeting and she was a constant obstacle between their predestined love.

Then there was the ever stoic Taiyoukai Sesshomaru. Whom no one could seem to figure out. He appeared evil, but as our group has come to figure out, appearances could be deceiving.

And so now both sides of this story are now present at this battle that will decide the fate of the world.

"Kagome!" Inuyasha screamed as the girl was impaled with a green tentacle. The young Half-breed watched in horror as her blood dripped onto the barren ground. He felt as the pain inside him welled up and became unbearable. Thus, unleashing his dark side.

Sango caught her boomerang for what seemed like the hundredth time, she was quickly becoming fatigued. It was only the need for revenge and the hatred that kept her going now. She heard as the Hanyou she had grown to consider family called out in fear. Her heart stopped beating for an instant as she saw her friend on the end of a tentacle. Then as if to make up for it her heart kicked into overdrive and the adrenaline flew through her veins. The bastard would pay. She hurled her bone at the dirty half-breed.

Miroku was using his staff to deflect the blows of one of Naraku's spawn. His opponents sickle sliced through the air narrowly missing Miroku's neck. Miroku did a graceful back flip landing a few feet away from the demon. He caught Inuyasha's yell as it broke through the noise of the battlefield, but he dare not take his eyes off of his opponent.

Kouga and Ayame, newly-mated, were fighting side by side in a swarm of Naraku's creatures. They were panting heavily, but seemed to be enjoying the fight thus far. That was until Kouga took notice of Kagome's limp and bloody form on the ground. This caused his mate and a few of his pack members to see it as well. The rage rolled off of the Wolf demons and they began slaughtering there enemies mercilessly.

Sesshomaru was fighting as well, but was still impeccably clean. He had joined in the battle only moments before, but he had turned out to be a very good asset to the front against the vile Hanyou. He heard his brother's cry but he did not bother with it. It was none of his concern. His concern was decimating his adversary. The one who had attempted to take Rin from him.

Kagura was floating above the battle and helping her master's opposition by decimating them with her fan. She had already prayed to the Kamis that Naraku would be sent to hell this night. She saw as the young Miko was impaled, she felt an odd twinge of sadness at the thought of the girl's death. Kagura was shocked for she hardly ever felt such emotions. She then turned her maroon gaze upon the Hanyou who cared for the girl. Now she was joyous. Her master had finally crossed the wrong line. He would die tonight.

Kikyo stood by Naraku's side watching as he attempted to kill the opposition. She knew he would fail the minute his tentacle moved in the direction of her reincarnation. She felt a feeling well up in her clay body. It was disappointment. She would not be taking Inuyasha to hell with her. That much was clear now. He would not stand for it. Not when he had a mate to protect.

&*^^*&$&%#%)(&(&^&%^*

How evil am I?

Okay here's the deal if you all review this fic and tell me to I will continue. If not I will be forced to take it off the site.

So it is up to you as to whether this will stay and be finished or not.