InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Fear ❯ Fear: A One-Shot ( One-Shot )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Fear: A One-Shot
 
Summary: Kagome muses upon her feelings toward Kikyou.
 
Disclaimer: I do not own Inuyasha. That right belongs to the glorious Rumiko Takahashi and the illustrious Viz.
 
888888888
 
Some days, I hate her beyond all imagining.
 
Others, I am grateful. After all, she once loved as well.
 
I remember, that day by the well when I told Inuyasha that we were the same. I never truly believed it, but…
 
We are both bound to him. The desire to be with him, the happiness and freedom we feel by him.
 
And we are the same in other ways as well.
 
I have heard Kaede speak of this, of how cold she was. Of how she felt she was enslaved to the life of a village shrine maiden.
 
How she dared not let others see how she truly felt.
 
As I do.
 
What would they say, do you think, if one day I showed them what I am truly like.
 
That I cannot always forgive.
 
They say my soul is untainted, pure.
 
They reckon without my hatred. I hate Naraku. No, I despise him.
 
That they know - but not to the true extent.
 
They say I am naïve, innocent. Perhaps that is why it affects me so much - this endless, ceaseless killing.
 
But she and I are still the same.
 
I hide my fury behind a smiling mask. She hides hers behind a cold one. An unfeeling one.
 
I smile, always. She… If Sesshomarou were human and female, then I suspect he would appear like her.
 
But we are still the same. I am fire, she is ice.
 
But we both hide our feelings, for fear of…
 
I do not know what she fears. But I know what I fear.
 
Rejection.
 
Betrayal.
 
…I fear. And so does she. I can feel it. She holds my soul - and I can sense some of what she feels.
 
Beneath the hate, the anger, the sense of self-righteousness… there is fear.
 
And were all my other points not to matter, there we are the same.