InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Fighting ❯ Chapter 1

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Fighting
By: Katlyn Ashe
 
“Here we go again,” mumbled Kaoru, watching from where she sat playing with her poppet as her parents yelled defamation at each other. They were always fighting in her opinion and it was for the stupidest reasons. `Why do they have to cleave to the past?' she thought as she shook her head and closed her door to block out the noise.
 
In the other room, her father was furious. “Are you daft?” he shouted at Kagome, “What in the world could have caused you to go see my brother?”
 
“I did not truck with him,” she yelled back, her anger flaring up as she spoke. “You beguile yourself,” she said with effrontery. True, she had run into Sesshoumaru on her way home from Kaede's. But he had just wanted to ask her a question about his adoptive daughter Rin. Then he had left without so much a thank you.
 
Don't lie to me!” he shouted, “I can smell him on you! As punishment, I'm reprieving your trip home indefinitely.” He continued to yell at her until he noticed the cold glare she was now giving him. He quailed, “No! Please Kagome, anything but that!!!”
 
But it was too late. Her voice rang through the entire house as she screamed, “SIT!!!!” He could feel his enchanted necklace pulling him down as he slammed, face first, into the floor. Sibilance could be heard coming from the door where his only daughter watched him crash into the maple floor.
 
Satisfied that she'd restrained him for the moment, Kagome spoke coldly. “I'm going home!” she yelled as she turned and began walking towards the door. “And there's nothing you can do about it!”
 
“The heck you are!” Inuyasha yelled as he tried to pry himself off the ground. When the spell wore off he jumped up and ran to catch her. He picked her up and threw her over his shoulder. He turned and walked back into the house, ignoring her protests.
 
Kaoru watched her father pick up her mom and lock her in their bedroom. They will never learn, she sighed. She giggled as her father smirked at his victory, but when one of his soft ears turned towards her she immediately got quiet, hoping that he hadn't heard her. No such luck, he got up and walked over to where she stood.
 
“And just what is so funny?” he said as he tried to look as serious as he could.
 
“Nothing,” she said innocently.
 
“Like I'm going to believe that,” he said. She looked worried for a moment thinking she was in trouble, but then he picked her up and began tickling her. She laughed and tried to tickle him back, squealing with glee when he laughed as well.
 
“I love you daddy,” she said when he finally stopped.
 
He smiled and looked down at the blessing in his arms, “I love you too.”
 
A.N. please R&R. I wanna know if I need ta fix it before I have to turn it in.