InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Finding The Perfect Place To Call Home ❯ Broke ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

I didn't get as many guesses on who the girl was……..

I wanted some opinions before I finally decided who it was.

-.-;

So I decided to make this chapter not on her.

But then I couldn't.

Because I needed to know who the protangonist <ooo……… big word.> was.

Blech.

So………….. I know it isn't the guys.

So this chapter is all about men.

Yay.

~*~

Don't you ever wonder why sometimes you thought people weren't listening to you or respecting you?

I think that it's because that sometimes DID happen.

People don't pull this outta their asses after all.

Sometimes people just walk all over you and you can't do anything about it.

Like parents.

Specifically my mom.

She was a C.E.O. and it was a very good job that got us a lot of money.

But it took too much of her time.

I can't remember a single minute that she wasn't holding a PDA or a cellphone or a laptop, or sometimes all three.

Family vacations, birthdays, family gatherings………

I never saw her holding these things at dinner though.

Mainly from the fact that she never ate with us.

It was always with an important person, like the mayor.

Or the governor of Orange County.

It's Arnold Swarzanasomething or other.

He's buff. It's almost scary………

Eck……..

Anyway, guess who took care of the meals?

`Oh no, we can't hire a cook! It'll tarnish my reputation as a caring mother!'

What the hell I want to know is where she fuckin' got that reputation as a `caring' mother.

I sure didn't say anything.

In fact, the less I talked in front of media people, the better.

My `darling' mother wanted a perfect family.

She didn't get that.

But NO, it wasn't good enough for HER.

So we had a perfect family image, since the real thing was close to impossible.

So guess who had to cook?

I never complained about it once though. Maybe in some sick part of my brain, I'm still hoping that one day she'll walk into the kitchen while I'm cooking and smile and ask what that lovely smell is. Or something like that bullshit.

It's never going to happen. So why care?

Finding The Perfect Place To Call Home

Chapter One

Broke

By: blue sakuras


"You're gonna WHAT?" Inuyasha yelled. He wasn't in such a good mood this morning.

After all, finding out that you couldn't spend money for awhile was a big thing.

At least for him.

"We have to suspend your bank account. Your father thinks that you are splundering all you money and has decided to freeze your bank account for two months." Inuyasha's jaws dropped upon hearing `two months'.

"T-two fuckin' months?" he asked weakly. When the man nodded in reply, Inuyasha growled.

"I'm going to talk to him." And got out of his seat to prove that he was following through.

The man in the suit stopped him. "You can't."

"What the hell makes you think you can go around telling what to do and what not to do?" Inuyasha growled.

"Your father is on a business trip in the states right now."

"Oh shit."

"If you want to complain, talk to your brother."

"He's only half!" Inuyasha yelled at the man's retreating back. "Damn you to hell Naraku. We'll just see about that money splundering I can do." He grinned as he held up a leather wallet and flipped through the credit cards. Seeing Naraku's driver's license, he pulled it out and winced. "Ouch. Bad hair day."

^.~

"I can't believe you!"

"Well believe it!"

"Why can't I do that?" Miroku glared.

Hard.

"Naraku. You can't possibly do that."

The older man only sneered. "Yes, actually I can."

Miroku just glared a soul-piercing gaze at him. "I'll talk to Uncle Taisho."

Naraku just chuckled at him. "You can't."

"You can't tell me what to do."

"That's really close to what Inuyasha said. Except you're not throwing things. Or yelling profanities." Miroku's glare slackened a little upon hearing how Inuyasha had reacted.

Then he jumped out of his chair.

"What do you mean?" The man just smirked.

"You and your cousin's money has been cut off. Your uncle has told me to follow through on his directions. You two splunder his money. He wants you two to get jobs."

Miroku's jaw dropped. "A j-job?"

Naraku seemed to have reached his limit with discussing the money matter with Miroku. His `pleasant' smile dropped, and was instead replaced with a scowl. "I have no time for pleasantries Mr. Houshi. You must get a job if you wish to continue your lifestyle. Don't worry. " Naraku waved a hand carelessly. "You will still be able to live here, and `pig out'." Using quotation marks upon the last two words that he said, Miroku shuddered mentally at the sight. It was quite creepy


"So…….. what about clothes? And other junk?" Naraku simply shook his head, as if to look sympathetic.

Miroku knew he was far from that.

"Alright." He answered in a strained voice. "Good day." He called back carelessly as he walked towards to huge wooden doors.

"By the way, Houshi, tell Inuyasha about the jobs. I thought it would be better coming from you."

Miroku grimaced as he slammed the doors shut.

"Likely story. He just wants to be sure to live a longer life. That slimeball." Miroku muttered as he got into his purple Porche.

^.~

"No." was the reply.

"SESSHOUMARU!"

"Fuck off."

"COME ON!"

"Get out."

"YOU COLD HEARTLESS BASTA - " and Inuyasha cut short as he realized what he was saying. "Wait…….. that's not an insult. You ARE a cold heartle - " and was hit square in his face by a big book.

"I told you to get out. I need to concentrate." Sesshoumaru continued to stare at the computer screen, typing like a madman.

"FUCK! THAT HURT! Wait………. Did you even stop typing when you threw that…….." and he glanced at the book that was currently laying by his feet. "WEBSTER'S DICTIONARY! DAMN!" and Inuyasha chucked the big back at his elder half-brother, only to have Sesshoumaru lift a foot up and kick it back. Inuyasha stared at his brother wide-eyed for a few minutes in dead silence, well except for the sound of the clattering keyboard.

Sesshoumaru started to sweatdrop when his brother still stood there after a full half-hour.
After a few more minutes, he started to get really annoyed. He got so annoyed that he got up from his chair in a flash and stood in front of Inuyasha's face.

Growling he spoke, "What the hell do you think you're doing?"

Inuyasha, startled by the sudden intrusion of private space, shrieked and fell on his butt.

Sesshoumaru arched an eyebrow. "Getting you to get out."

"I'll do it if you answer two questions." Sesshoumaru sighed, rubbing his temples with his left hand.

"Fine."

"Why the hell didn't Dad cut off your freakin' money supply too?"

"Because it's my OWN money. I HAVE a job idiot."

"Oh. Damn it."

"Now will you get out?" Sesshoumaru roughly grabbed Inuyasha's shoulder and started herding him towards the door.

"Wait." Reaching behind him, Inuyasha whacked Sesshoumaru's hands off him. "One more question."

"I'm not giving you money." Sesshoumaru stated bluntly.

"No………. it isn't that."

"Spit it out then."

"Oh……….. annoyed?" Inuyasha smirked. It always made his day to annoy the living hell out of his brother.

"Yes. Really. Now if you don't continue, I'll throw you out the window. Again."

Holding up his hands in defense, Inuyasha winced. It wasn't a pretty memory. "Alright. How did you do it?"

Sesshoumaru arched his eyebrow even higher. "Do what? Get money? It's called a job." He snorted.

"No…………. how did you throw that book with your foot?" Inuyasha asked.

Sesshoumaru sweatdropped. "Get out."

"Come on! Tell me!" Inuyasha whined as Sesshoumaru once again started herding him out the door.

As he reached the doorway, Inuyasha turned around once more and spoke. "Come on! I wanna know!" Bad move. Sesshoumaru slammed the door onto his face, hard. This caused Inuyasha to fall on his ass and rub his nose, and then have Shippou stampede over him.

Ouch.

~*~

AN: Ok. The lil' part before the chapter title and such is all about the girl. Not telling you who yet. You guess. I wanna see what you think. I'm so weird……………

Anyway, those lil' things before the chapter will always be her thoughts. Yeah. So….. and if you're confused, that girl lives in CA. California.

And y'all have to know Ah-nold! The terminator???

Yeah. He's the governor of Orange County. I think. Or somewhere around there.

Ta ta~