InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ First Kisses ❯ Only Human ( Chapter 1 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Disclaimer: Inuyasha and Co. belong to Rumiko Takahashi. I'm only borrowing them cause I feel like it, not to make any money.
 
````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````` ```````````````````````````````````
 
Kagome sat in the small room, holding Inuyasha's cold hand. “He's freezing,” she said. “Inuyasha, you have to stay with us! You can't abandon me, you hear!?!?” She was close to tears. “This all happened because I suggested we stay at the temple.”
 
“You mustn't blame yourself, Kagome,” Nazuna told the distraught girl.
 
“But it's all my fault!” Kagome cried, staring at Inuyasha's trembling human form.
 
“I shall draw the poison from his blood!” Myoga the flea said, and poked his mouth-thingy into Inuyasha's neck. He slurped as much of the poison as possible, then waddled over to sleep by Shippo. “Master Inuyasha's survival will depend on his own strength from this point.”
 
“He's soaking wet,” Kagome observed. She pulled out a handkerchief and dabbed at the hanyou's forehead, then started as Inuyasha opened his eyes. “Sorry! I didn't wake you, did I?”
 
“No.” The hanyou-become-human turned his head away. “Kagome, tell me something. Back in the other room, why were you crying?”
 
“Because I thought I was going to loose you,” she answered honestly. “I thought that maybe you were going to die.”
 
“You shed tears for my sake,” he whispered softly to himself. No one had ever done that for him after his mother died. Maybe, maybe he had a chance, a small chance…
 
“Kagome, may I lie on your lap?” Inuyasha asked, not daring to hope that she would allow it.
 
“Oh, sure,” she said, and helped him relocate his head. “How does that feel?”
 
“Better,” he said. They sat that way for a minute, not speaking. Then, “Kagome, you smell kind of nice.”
 
“Ok, that's it!” Kagome snapped, her cheeks bright red. “You made a point of telling me that you hated my scent!” Who was this, and what had he done with Inuyasha?
 
“I lied,” Inuyasha said simply.
 
“Why!?”
 
“Lean down and I'll tell you.” He'd better do this now, when he wasn't afraid of letting her know the truth.
 
Kagome lean her face toward Inuyasha's. He pushed himself up a little further, and gently kissed Kagome on the mouth. Exhausted, he allowed himself to fall back down and immediately go to sleep.
 
````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````` ```````````````````````````````
A happy ending!! I plan on adding more, so let me know if I should. I also want to go in chronological order. As always, please review!