InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ For an Unkown Purpose ❯ The Cool Mist ( Prologue )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

The air that night was relatively cool, the early morning mist lightly spraying a refreshing all the living beings there to feel it, melting away the stress that had come to them the day past and preparing them for all the trials of the day to come. Walking in the sweet mist was a group of four of which only three were up at the hour: The silver haired dog demon, the toad demon with a stick, and the two headed…thing which was the current bed for a sleeping young human girl. It was silent as not a word was being spoken between the two demons and their pace was painstakingly slow. For those who could contain the silence this was a perfect time…a perfect moment. Perfect for Sesshoumaru but not so much for Jaken who was beginning to crack with all the quiet.
“Lord Sesshoumaru, where are we to go next?” the toad whispered, shifting his two-headed staff to another position, round yellow eyes looking up at his adoration; his purpose for living. The one deemed `Lord Sesshoumaru' stayed silent for a little while longer, his expression emotionless and his mouth slightly open for when he felt ready to answer. Looking down, his golden eyes glinted in the looming moonlight as they met Jaken's.
“Where ever the item I am looking for is…that is where we will be going.” The demon said simply, walking still ahead. Confused, Jaken began to think that this was could only possibly have to do with the strange light that had illuminated the sky just a few hours ago. Bright and blue, it had caused Rin to go in a series of `oooh's' and `ahhh's' that had gotten on Jaken's nerves. After studying the light till it had faded away, Sesshoumaru ordered them to begin to move and the direction that they were going in was the direction of the strange, star-shaped light. It was not soon after that Rin fell asleep and the noise had disappeared.
Sesshoumaru stopped shortly after he answered his question, a mild look of surprise on his face as he glanced at what was at his feet. It was a female human girl, Blonde in hair color, eyes closes, and sleeping. The clothes that adorned her were not that of what he had ever seen and reminded him slightly of that sometimes meddlesome woman that tagged along with his brother. She was sleeping against a tree, a blood red beaded bracelet on her wrist. Jaken moved over to poke at her but was unceremoniously stopped by his Lord.
“This is what I had been looking for.”