InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ For Love comes on the Wings Of Pain ❯ Chapter 3

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 3

A young boy of about 6 slowly and painstakingly went through several complex movements with his wooden staff. His brown robes flapped in the movement as he finally held the staff straight out in front of him. Sweat beaded on his brow as he held the heavy weapon aloft and level. He risked a gaze at his master who was sleeping. He gave an exasperated sigh and dropped the staff to the ground. He walked over to his teacher and waved in front of his face. Seeing no movement the boy pulled a paper out of his sleeve and attached to the older monk’s robes. Satisfied he moved off and picked the staff up again and put in the same position. As soon as he did his master’s sleeve burst into flame. The monk jumped up and danced around while the boy solemnly held his stance. Several times the monk rolled in the dirt and doused himself with water but the enchanted fire would not go out. The monk stopped running and looked down at his arm where the fire was in the same exact spot and did not burn at all. He turned to look at the boy.

“Miroku?” he asked.

“Yes Master Mushin?” the boy asked.

“Put this fire out while holding that staff!” he yelled.

Miroku cringed and did what he was asked. He held the staff with one hand and whispered the incantation. The fire winked out and Miroku grabbed the staff again. His master inspected his sleeves and found them without a burn mark. “Tricks are all good Miroku when playing them on the unwary but you have to remember that wise trained monks like me can see through them easily.” Mushin said and Miroku thought, ‘Yeah right.’

“Yes Master.” he said wanting to put the staff down.

“Put the staff in the armory and meet me in the garden.” his master said picking up a gourd and his satchel. Miroku nodded and carried the staff into the armory then ran to the garden. He was stopped by a young woman, a priestess by the look of her dress, she was gorgeous to men and seemed godlike to the young boy.

“Hello Miroku. How is your training going?” she asked sweetly.

Miroku drew himself up and said, “All’s well.” he heard the guards say it on their rounds.

The woman chuckled behind her hand and nodded, “That is good.” she said as she bent down and kissed him on his cheek.

“Thank you Priestess Kikyo.” he bowed and ran off into the garden. He pulled open the iron gates that led to the garden and stepped inside and he closed them behind him as he stepped onto the white marble path. Along the path plants grew tall and healthy, Miroku knew this because he was the one who had to take care of them. Several of the colorful plants were herbs used in the healing arts. He ran down the path to the large pond in the center. The pond was white, the bottom stones being white marble pebbles. A bench at the edge under a great leafy tree was occupied by Mushin and a young man dressed in a messenger of the Northern Kingdom colors. They turned to look at him and Mushin nodded to the man and sent him on his way.

“Miroku.” his master said.

“Yes Master Mushin?” Miroku replied.

“We are to journey to the Wolves territory.” Mushin told him.

***Western Castle***

“Wamen!!!” InuYasha bellowed as he threw a tantrum. “Inu want Wamen! Now!”

His mother rubbed her head as she watched the child storm around his room growling. “Say Ramen.” she corrected.

“Raw men!” he said chuckling as he picked up a wooden toy solider and bit its head off.

“InuYasha!” his mother scolded as he munched on the head. He smiled and grinned as he spit the wood out and stomped on the remains.

“Ramen!” he cried as he broke the body of the headless man. His sharp little claws shaved off the colorful paint and the clothing of the toy soldier. He mauled the littler toy and chucked it at the wall.

“Say please.” his mother asked.

“No!” InuYasha growled as he leapt on to the windowsill. His mother ran to him as he leaned out and jumped off the two story room window.

“InuYasha!” she screamed as the child landed and ran off into the forest. Izayoi ran to the door and left the room screaming for the guards.

A group of them turned the corner and halted. “What happened?” they asked concerned.

“Go find Prince InuYasha! He ran off into the forest!” she cried. They nodded and ran off, their armor clanking as they moved. Their noses were alerted to the Prince’s scent.

***Somewhere else***

“Chin up, arms relaxed and pay attention to the movement of the wind.” a man dressed in light armor instructed. A young girl of about 6 nodded as she did as he instructed. Her pink wrist plates glinted off the sun as she blocked the blows her opponent, a child from their village was throwing at her. He was older and stronger, but she was quicker and smarter. She grinned and dodged his next blow quickly going around him and kicking his feet out from under him. He rolled in the dirt jumped to his feet and swept her own feet from beneath her. She fell and brought her wrists up as the boy tried to hit her. She blocked most of the hits and the ones she didn’t hit her chest armor. She spread her legs out and in a flash as the boy leaned forward to strike again she wrapped her long legs around him and knocked him to the floor. She jumped up slightly unsteady and landed on the boy’s chest. She held his arms down with her knees and put her fingers to his neck.

“Dead,” she said as she got off. The boy stood up and dusted himself off. She stood and grinned awaiting the approval.

“Well done Sango. You are learning well, and I am glad to see you putting in new moves as well.” her master said as he turned to the door of the training arena. She followed wiping sweat from her brows.

“Thank you Papa.” she said as she bowed to the boy and followed her father home. He walked silently as they approached the Town Hall in the Slayer Village. Inside her mother moved around like a bloated duck, cooking dinner. She was fat because she was pregnant. Sango knew in away she was going to be an older sister but she didn’t like sharing her parents. “Mama!” she said as she hugged her mom.

“Sango!” her mom said as she hugged back, the ladle in her hand dripping the soup she was cooking to the floor. “How was training?”

“Good, I won!” she said happily as she quickly explained to her mom how she did it with a minor truth stretch here and there.

“Sango you beat him with a kick as high as the sun?” her mom gasped.

“Yes! I even blocked his thousands of hits!” she exclaimed.

“Wow!” her mom said as she begun to serve the soup.

***Wolves***

Kagome silently stalked the wolf in front of her, watching its bushy tail sweep the ground as it wagged. Her father was stroking its ears as he discussed grown up things with the other wolf demons.

“We have to meet the Prince at his coming of age ball?” her father asked of the wolf demon that sent messages to and from the castles.

“Yes, her majesty the queen wants all the kings and queens to become acquainted with him. She has it planned out in 11 years. Then our packs have to bring any child we have to meet him and pledge loyalty. Of course your daughter isn’t expected to since she is a girl cub.”

“Yes. And how is the search for that missing child?” her father asked as Kagome crept closer to the wolf. She prepared to pounce.

“They say its alive and they have the monks and priestess looking for it now. Humans always lose their kids.” the gray haired wolf demon said while shaking his head.

“Yes they seem to do.” her father said while smiling in her direction. Kagome jumped at the wolf who stepped to the side as her father caught her in the air.

“Papa!” she giggled as he tickled her.

“Kagome!” he said as he whined in the same tone as she used.

“I hungry!” she said seriously. Her father started laughing as he carried her to the back of the cave.

***Somewhere else***

A lone man walked into an alley where he met a hunched old man with a wizened face. “Have you the information I requested?” the figure asked.

“Yes I do Inu-no-Tashio.” the old man said as he handed the King a packet of parchment.

“Thank you.” he said as he paid the man his money and left the alley. He headed for a nearby tavern and rented a room. He paid and went to his room, locking his door as he unfolded the papers. Inside written in a clear handwriting were clear instructions about the kidnapping of the Higurashi heir. It explained how they hoped to raise her to use her powers to overthrow the three kingdoms, North, East and West. He growled as he crumpled the paper up and tossed it into a fire place.

“They were going to kill my sons, Kagura’s heir Kanna and then take over the kingdoms in hopes to unite them all. Only the South has no king or queen as of yet.” he said as he looked into the fire missing his youngest son and his eldest son as well as his mate. Outside of his room a pale moon hung in the night sky.