InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ For Love comes on the Wings Of Pain ❯ Chapter 5 ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Chapter 5:

Kagome looked at her father and sighed again, she didn't want to be here, she wanted to be back in the wild with her wild brothers and sisters. But, no she had to be here bored out of her mind, tired from the ride here on a four-legged animal called a horse. Kagome growled low, she hated the animal. It smelled, it didn't like her and it was scared of the wolves.

"Kagome?" her father asked, looking down at her with his ice blue eyes, others would have said they were cold, but to her they symbolized the very freedom she enjoyed so much. Once again she felt the obnoxious prince InuYasha look over at her with with his intense golden eyes. She turned and faced him with a dead on stare, unafraid as she glared at him freely.

She didn't even care when the Duchess of Wel Jast came and took him by the arm. She whispered into his fluffy white ears as she shot Kagome a withering glare. Kagome glared right back and turned around, the folds on her dress wrapping around her legs, like a tangle weed. She didn't need to hear the snickers to know that when she stumbled as she followed her father to a tall silver haired man with a frigid stare.

"My lord Sesshomaru, I come to pay my respect for your dear departed father." Koga said as he bowed deeply. Lord Sesshomaru looked down on him, even though they were nearly the same height.

"It is a pity he died in a battle for an unworthy cause, but even he the great Inu-no-Tashio, could not have healed from a wound that was poisoned with the venom of the Great Dragon. Even years later the wound would not heal, even with the best healers and our own inu yokai talents." A sad smile graced his face before a young woman ran up to him with a bow she gasped out, "Prince InuYasha is causing a scene again!"

"he is what!" Sesshomaru growled as he turned to see a livid InuYasha growling in what seemed a foreign language at the Duchess.

"Get away from me!" He growled as he tried to break free from her cold hands. "I do not want this!"

"But InuYasha we are destined to be!" Kikyo said as she pulled him closer, a slight glow forming around her hands.

"Whats that glow?" Kagome asked her father.

"Glow?" Koga asked her as he looked on.

"That would be the glow of a priestess' power, child." An older woman said as she was escorted by a man in purple robes, the monk Miroku.

"Priestess' powers?" Kagome asked her.

"This is the Duchess' older sister Kaede. She was to be the Duchess but chose the path of the holy." Miroku said as he introduced her.

"The pink glow is a sure sign of the priestess possessing a great power. You see many can see the light, but only a few can actually use it. It remains to be seen if you can." Kaede said as Sesshomaru walked up to Kikyo and motioned towards two guards dressed in the royal purple and silver of Sesshomaru colors.

"Take her to a guest room until she cools off then escort her to the temple." Sesshomaru said as the human men took her to the large entrance doors. "I apologize to everyone."

"Inu?" An older woman wearing a slim golden circlet. "I don't feel so well. I need to lay down." She looked directly at Kagome, "Can please escort me? My ladies in waiting are out on leave." Kagome looked up at her and nodded. She held out a slim arm, tanned and laced with silvery scars.

"I don't want the Duchess in my castle anymore! She has distressed my mother and my family!" Sesshomaru said as he glared at everyone.

Kagome led the woman up to her chamber and closed the door. Kagome helped the woman undress and lay down in bed.

"My dear? Thank you. You see my dearly loved son, InuYasha was promised long ago to the daughter of a king. She has long since vanished, along with the love that was in my son's heart. If i could find her..." She sighed and looked away. "She was a priestess born, belonging to a line strong in holy powers."

"My lady?" Kagome asked her.

"Find her, if not for me than for the Hanyou Prince?" She closed her eyes slowly and sighed deeply.

****

Sorry everyone about the delay...I didn't have the resources to update....then I lost all my paperwork for all my stories.

So I have to rewrite them all and my fingers are freezing because I'm in the Garage.