InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ For the Love of a Miko ❯ The Dream, the Hanyo, the Spy ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Hehehe.....I have the power. :-) I love this. Thank you for being so nice to me. (Starts tossing pixie sticks to all her wonderful fans) "I love you all" Ok on with the story. "Pouts"

Disclaimer: I hate to have to say this, but I don't own them "sniffles" But I do own a very large sword, A throwing knife, and the Trigun kitty plush doll. I'm sad I now.

``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````` ```````````````````````

Recap:: "I'm going home idiot!" Kaome and Inuyasha get into another fight anout Kouga. While Kouga makes a begain with a Naraku reincarnation, to finally get his Kagome. (A.N.- Got it? :-D)

CH 2) The dream, the hanyo, and the spy

Kagome drug herself out the dizzyingly warm water, and dried herself off. She whiped the condenced steam from the clouded mirror, and gazed into her hand swipe shaped reflection. 'I do look like her,' she thought to herself. She grabbed the brush that was resting on the edge of the sink. It ripped through her hair, as her frustration hightened. Each stroke of the brush was accentuated with a jerk of her wrist, causing her scalp to scream to her in pain. 'How was Kikyo always able to upset her so much?' Her head now throbbing Kagome set the brush back in its usual resting place, and left the bathroom.

Kagome racked her mind for something that might calm her nerves. She clapped her hands together in determination. 'I'll study,' she told herself, 'That should help me get my mind off things.' Kagome walked the rest of the distance down the hallway, till she reached her room. She walked in and took a seat at her desk and searched her overstuffed bag for her trusty books. She found them near the bottom, and pulled them out. "Ah hear we go," she said aloud to herself. Kagome set the books on the desk just in time to hear her stomache gumble. 'I guess I forgot to eat breakfast.......and lunch.' "Damn you Inuyasha, if you had only listened to me, we would not have fought, and damn you Kouga for profoundly showing up whenever he gets in his moods."

Kagome got up and left for the kitchen. She rummaged through the fridge, and a few cabinets till she found what she was looking for. "aha," she said to no one in particular. She reached up and grabbed a bag of chips and some bean dip.

(AN: I just love chips and bean dip, for the few of you who haven't tried it.....you're missing out (<_>;;))

She returned to her room and began to eat. To her suprise she managed to finish the whole bag of chips, and the can of dip. Her hunger contented, she resumed her studies. "Ok, now let's see, hmm, a right triangle has one right angle, while an obtuse has an angle of 91 degrees or higher," 'damn Inuyasha,' "and an acute triangle has an angle of 89 degrees or lower." 'I can't believe that idiot, Kouga and I aren't like that.' "In order to find the length of the hypotenuse of a triangle use the equation.........., grrrrr, I can't concentrate in here!"

Exasperated, Kagome closed her books and decided to go to the park to study. 'At least there I can feal like I'm still in the feudal era, without actually having to be there. I alway seem to be able to concentrate when I'm there.' With newfound resolve, Kagome stood up and left the confines of her stuffy house.

``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````` ```````````````````````

"Damn it, why'd she have to go and leave again!" Inuyasha yelled. The rest of their party had already left for Kaede's village, allowing the hanyo to vent is frustrations at the unoccupied well.

Inuyasha rested his arms on the wooden edges of the time portal and let his head rest. "I'm sorry Kagome, it's just that whenever that stupid wolf shows up......" A low growl began to take residence in the pit of his stomach as he recalled the scenes of earlier that day.

(Flashback)

"I'm here for my woman," the valiant wolf stated. "Hey Kagome, why do you hang around with that mutt-face, when you could have a real mate like myself!"

Inuyasha had had enough of the stupid wolf's taunts. He drew out his tetsusaiga and prepared for the never ending battle at hand. 'Man doesn't the guy ever give up' he thought to himself. The hanyo charged the wolf who was able to easily avoid the oncoming fang.

"Hey mutt, I see you're still having trouble swinging that damn stick around!"

Kouga ran to Kagome and wrapped his arm around her waist. Kagome let out a little screach, startled by the sudden physical contact.

Inuyasha turned in time to see Kouga plant a large kiss on Kagome's mouth. He noted that she gave up her resistance. Infuriated, Inuyasha took advantage of the wolf's distraction. He swung tetsusaiga and blade met flesh as he ripped through Kouga's back.

Kouga let out a painful cry as he collapsed onto Kagome whom he still held in a tight embrace.

Inuyasha grabbed Kagome's arm and pulled her away from the bloody mess. He stood over his victim, prepared to land a final blow when a sweat little voice echoed in his ears....

"Oswari."

(End flashback)

The sun was casting it's red, orange, and purple hues as it began it's descent past the horizon. Inuyasha usually never missed his chance to watch as the sun painted it's tapestry on the darkening sky, but his thought's never left Kagome.

A cool breeze stirred him from his memories. He lifted himself up from his spot and looked around. He tested the air, just to make sure he was alone. Satisfied that he was not being watched he jumped through the well. He was going to apologize to Kagome.

``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````` ``````````````````````````````````

On the other side of the clearing, a demon poked his head up from behind a bush. 'So that's how to get to Kagome's time.'

Kouga lifted himself up. He could still smell the anger in Inuyasha's scent. Pleased that the miko's plan was working he rubbed fealing back into his legs. Now to find Kagome's companions.

``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````` ``````````````````````````````````````

Sorry it took me so long to upload, but I think I made up fot it with this chapter. I hope you like it. I will try to update sooner. ok? Please don't kill me.

"Sigh" I only have one review and it's been almost a week. (<_>). Oh well I like my one review. ^_^

bubblesbb03- I'm glad you like it. You get two chocolate chip cookies and a box of pixie sticks for being my first and only reviewer.

Everybody else please review, and I might be able to get more chapters up quicker ok? so please R&R. (and no flames please.....I'm sensitive)