InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ For the Love of a Miko ❯ In Their Own Worlds ( Chapter 19 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Back once more. Thank you for everyone who's reviewed so far. I honestly never expected such a reaction. All I ask is that you keep them coming, deal?

Hehehe, on wit da story! ^_~

Disclaimer: Me no own....you no sue!

`````````````````````````````````````````````

Recap:

This little speech left the young demon-miko at a loss for words. Never had anyone been so blunt with her. Now that all the cards were on the table, she shifted through them to try to find the one that best fit into a route of escape.

BINGO!!!

````````````````````````````````````````````

For the Love of a Miko

Chapter 19: In their own worlds

'Kagome, Kagome, Kagome, Kagome,' this is all that went through Kouga's head as he sped forward. It had been two days since she had been abducted right from under his nose. He had long ago left the Inu-tachi in his dust. If his mind hadn't been solely centered on Kagome, he would have taken the time to thank the gods that he didn't have to put up with the weakness of humans like the hanyo.

Kouga's body was an assortment of various cuts and bruises in different stages of healing. He had refused to stop for rest, though his body demanded it. His boyish face was contorted with worry, as beads of sweat collected on his jawline. The few strands of hair that escaped his tie in back and further eluded the headband that his forehead adorned, were plastered upon face; dampened with sweat and blood. Needless to say he looked filthy, but carried on in his quest for his beloved though, he had long ago convinced himself that the fealing was not reciprocated.

````````````````````````````````````````````

"Inuyasha, are you sure that Naraku took Kagome in this direction?" Asked Miroku. They had taken a quick break to catch their breath, much to the disgruntlement of a certain hanyo. They had seemingly been running in circles. The plan at first would be to follow Kouga since he was going in the general direction that Naraku had taken her, but along the way; Inuyasha had come accross Naraku's scent emitting from another direction, and changed course. Now, they were relying completely on Inuyasha to lead them to their target, and more than likely a trap since Naraku would never allow such a stip-up to accur.

"Feh!"

"Inuyasha if you have taken us on a wild goose chase while my sister is in the hands of that bastard, I'll never forgive you!" Sango was near tears after her outburst, but pride refused to allow her tears to fall.

'I know she is this way, I can feal it......please be alright Kagome......MY Kagome....' Inuyasha tuned out the various comments of his friends and allowed his thoughts to return to Kagome. It seamed as if they never strayed from her. She had been acting wierd ever since she had died, and now she was gone again. 'First Kikyo, and now Kagome. Kikyo was mine.....Kagome is MINE!!!'

'Kukuku, that's right. They are the same people, and now that Kikyo is gone, you can have Kagome, but first, you have to find her.'

'That's right! They are the same person, but how can I find her if Naraku's scent keeps on changing direction!'

'Just keep following it, eventually it should lead to m....Naraku'

'I can't just keep going in circles like this! Kagome's in danger!'

'True.......You smell Naraku again! It's coming from the North!'

'Kuso!'

"I smell him! North!" Inuyasha's outburst began a flurry of action as the small group, minus one, scrambled to break camp.

"I swear houshi, if we get there and Kagome's dead, I'll kill Naraku myself," grumbled Sango.

"Not if I get to him first. Kagome is my friend too, and with all of the pain you have suffered at his hands....." Miroku cut off his remark before he revealed too much.

"You have suffered greatly as well houshi, as have we all, but I doubt anyone has suffered half as much as Kagome is right now." Sango knew her sister better than anyone, and fealt a connection to the girl from the future.

"What makes you say that?" This time she had both Miroku and Inuyasha's attencion.

"Because, he had to have done something to greatly anger her, in order for her to blindly chase after him like she did. Plus, I doubt Kagome would be single-minded enough to take the jewel with her, which is what he undoubtedly wants. She is with someone she completely loaths, and who knows what tortures he's subjegating her to right now, trying to get the jewel's whereabouts." Sango could no longer keep her tears at bay as they flowed freely down her face. The weight of her words fell heavily on everyone's ears.

After such an emotional outburst, Inuyasha and Miroku were glad they had left Shippo in the protection of the wolf tribe. Surely he would not have been able to handle the predicament that they found themselves in.

"Feh! What the hell are we standing here talking for! WE HAVE TO SAVE KAGOME!"

```````````````````````````````````````````````````

"What do you want to know first?" Kagome gathered every ounce of courage.

"This book. How did you come across it?" Naraku's silky voice sent shivers of disgust up her spine, but she hid them.

'Sigh, might as well answere. It's not like it's a secret.' "In my time, it is law for all who are within the ages of four and eighteen to attend school. That book that you hold in your hand is required leaning."

"And the lands it speaks of?"

"The world is round. There are many great land masses and several oceans. Each land mass, is divided into individual countries and provinces."

"The instruments and devices of pain? Is this required learning as well?"

"It's in the book isn't it?.......erm..... Yes, it is."

"Why?"

"Because it teaches us what people endured in the past. It teaches us of our origins and where our present beliefs originated."

"How is it that I have not heard of these events?"

*sweatdrop* "Didn't you know where the well would take you before you jumped in?"

"I had a vague notion, but not truely....no"

"It transported you five hundred years in the future. That is why you haven't heard about them. They haven't happened yet."

"So you are from the future?"

"Duh."

It came as no suprise to hear a resounding slap after that comment. Naraku shook his head as Kagome's miko powers flared once more, and she was again unconcious. "We were having such a nice conversation too." Naraku fought the urge to shake his head. Had he not warned her that she would suffer no special treatment and not to cross him? Deciding that there would be more time to play twenty questions when she woke back up, Naraku stood up from his perch next to the sleeping miko-youkai and left her to her slumber.

`````````````````````````````````````````````

"Don't worry kit, your mommy's gonna be fine. Kouga will find and rescue her." Ginta tried to calm the hysterical kit. He had been in a depressed sleep only to awaken and find that Sango had left him in the care of the wolves. Shippo wouldn't have minded much if his mother were here to protect him like the last time he was here, but she wasn't. The cubs of the pack tried to cheer him up, and offered to play with him, but Shippo refused to leave his perch next to the small fire. He had not eaten in days and it showed in his hollow eyes. They held death in their green depths. Death and sorrow. He had lost his real mother, then his surrogate mother died in his arms, only to return and dissapeare shortly afterwards. His soul fealt as if he suffered one more loss, he would cease to exist.

Hakkaku shook his head. The child didn't speak, eat, drink, nothing. It greatlly contrasted the cunning fox that impersonated their leader to try to escape with their sister. This child was dead to the world except for the one person who could awaken him. 'Please hurry up and return to us Kagome.'

````````````````````````````````````````````

Another short chapter I know, but hey.......I guess this was another filler. I fealt that I had to illustrate what everyone was up to while Kagome was in Naraku's capeable hands.


Well there you go. Remember reviews make the updates faster so you know what to do

PUSH THE BUTTON.....

RIGHT.....

DOWN.....

HERE....

^_^