InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ For the Love of War ❯ The Game. ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
(( ok I’m back people!! Not that anyone cares I haven’t posted nearly enough stories but here I am to try again!!! MUAHAHAHA!! This fic is WAY different from my other one because this is the way I prefer to write. ^.^ So its gonna be all Fantasy Based, kinda like LotR but in my own twisted world. MUAHAHA!! It should rock pretty hard, but who knows. *shrugs*))

*AUTHORS NOTE: umm, I have a really bad habit of giving characters different personalities then they would usually, so if u believe ur going to have a problem with this…IM sorry but chances are it’s going to happen. Good and evil characters will remain in their perspective genre’s tho. Sheshy will be bad…Inuyasha will be good, but Kag and Sango are rather neutral to me. ^.^ Also I would like to forewarn that this fic contains some lesbian themes.*


The sound of floorboards and waves were the only truly audible noise to be heard in the small wooden cabin. The smell of sea and salt wafted within the confines of the room and added a humid weight to the already thick air.

A brunette woman laid sleeping on a “hammock” against one wall and her many belts, gauntlets and bracers slid silently to and fro on the floor at her feet. There was a hard knock at the badly built door to the mediocre living space and a voice called out to the resting woman from outside. Her slender hand reached down till her finger tips touched the floor and waited for the sway of the ship to send her accessories plummeting back to her end of the cabin. Grabbing one of her favorite bronze, spiked gauntlets Kagome Higarashi hurled the piece of armor across the room and let it hit the door the knock had come from.

No response came from the supposed companion of the young woman had already moved on to the upper decks. Kagome raised up from the hammock her woolen blanket falling away and revealing her supple naked body beneath. With her eyes still closed she groped her chest of things for a tunic and hopefully even pants to match. Tugging one of each over her head she at last opened her emerald eyes to the dim room she called her own.

Kagome wasted no time in opening the door to her cabin and stepping outside into the candle-lit corridor beyond. Light streamed into the below deck hallway from the open ended staircase to her right and added an unbalanced feel to the already swaying ship.

Up the two opposing sets of stairs and she could see the self-proclaimed captain of the vessel. She was beautiful as she stood behind the great wheel of the massive boat. Her eyes were intense and focus as she maneuvered it around rocks and set it in the correct direction. Softness entered her darkened Iris’ when they fell upon Kagome.

Both of the women’s hair was blowing fiercely in the wind and occasionally a wayward strand would wrap around one of their stately faces. Smile spread across Sango’s face and she stepped away from the captains wheel. Kagome too smiled and watched as her “leader” (which was an ongoing joke between the two) approach. “ Good morning sunshine.” Sango’s mouth formed the words quickly and then retreated right back to the grin she had begun with.

“ Sunshine is right! It’s blinding.”

“ Yes but in a friendly sort of ocean way”

“ No, I was thinking in an evil kind of fire way.”

“ Its punishing you then, for sleeping so late.”

“ Ah, the punishment I deserve for my crimes against the sun!”

“Indeed.” Sango and Kagome’s banter was quick and humorous as always. They, in terms, lived in a world all their own, or so they had been told. Laughter was permitted between the two and they retreated to the stern for a breakfast of bread and fruit. They hoped to dock before twilight, but the waves on which they traveled seemed to have different plans.

Through-out the remainder of the morning and well into the afternoon, the duo alternated turns battling the sea and in a sense Neptune himself. When, alas, calm came to the waters and the sailing became easy they could enjoy the trip.

“ Well it seems as though we have one the battle.”

“ But not the war my dear Kag.”

“ I’m sure the great god of seas will subside to our undeniable beauty.”

“ Do you claim him to be lusty then?”

“ As much as any man whose lived on the ocean.”

“ A creative idea, I’ll give u that.”

“ So now I have one the battle.”

“ But not the war.”

“ Do I want to?”

“Doesn’t everyone who begins the game? You do want to play the game don’t you?”

“ Of Course. I have a rather irrefutable love of war.”

Sango sipped at ale and silenced passed between them. They talked very little but when they did it was almost unreal how quick witted and intelligent they were in conversation. To the surprise of many the women were not just exploratory thieves and rogues. By far, they were more then multi-lingual temptresses with yearnings for gold and blood. They were well renowned and feared only by some, for anyone who knew any truths about them understood that they were not greedy, only fun-loving.

“ I believe, I see land, in our very near future.”

“ Well we do have enough gold to buy some land but we don’t need the paper-trail.”

“ No Sango, I mean soil and trees.”

“ Ah! Then it wont be long now.”

“Till what.”

“You’ll find out my dear Kagome, just you wait and see.”