InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ For The One You Love ❯ New Moon Sacrifice ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Hello all!
 
 
Here's the next chap. I know the first one was kinda rough, but this is where the fic starts to get good - at least IMHO…. Anyway, the warning about subject matter still applies - especially to this chap.
 
If it helps to deduce what subject I maybe talking about…well, let's just say I got this idea while watching an episode of L&O: SVU…. But please don't think it's a typical fic for that matter - I've read lots of them (the fluff that usually occurs as a result is great….) and I've yet to come across a plot like this. So I think it's fairly unique.
 
 
However, I know that some of you maybe sensitive to this matter, and I will not be mentioning any specifics; if what I do mention still offends you, please, no flames - I have already warned you! Also, I do want to reinforce the fact that this WILL be a happy ending for all - though it takes a while….
 
 
So, now that that's over - here's the second chap of `For The One You Love.'
 
 
YoukaiLuvr
 
 
P.S. I just realized that Kagome should have jewel shards…but I believe that at some points in time during the anime, the Inu-tachi do not have any....
 
 
(Remember, Kagome MUST have a jewel shard to pass through the well more than once (i.e. `Naraku's True Form Revealed'), however, Inuyasha does not need any to pass through (i.e. `Ancient Evil of the Noh Mask')
 
 
However, I have placed this past the end of the anime and after all four movies, but with no specific time after that. So, Kagome's shards will have been placed in the hands of Miroku for safe keeping - I just didn't put that in there…v=^.^=
 
 
The reason I picked Miroku is because during a battle with saimyosho, (no offense, Miroku-lovers) he's kinda useless, other than his ofuda and shakujou; I figure especially with that last fight - on a New Moon with spider-heads and saimyosho - that the major fighting would be placed on Kagome and Sango. Plus, even with how perverted he is, Miroku still has somepurifying powers, although they aren't as strong as Kagome's….
 
P.P.S. Oh, and sorry, but just one more thing. I also forgot to establish Kagome's age - which establishes everyone else's age and makes things a heck of a lot easier later. I picture her to be about 17, nearly 18. Any younger and it would be just nasty. {shudders} So I hope that doesn't confuse you too much.
 
-1234567890-1234567890-1234567890-1234567890-1234567890-123 4567890-
 
 
For The One You Love
 
 
Chapter 2
 
 
New Moon Sacrifice
 
 
As soon as everyone had been checked over for battle injuries, Sango, Miroku, and Shippou piled onto the transformed Kirara. Miroku turned back to Inuyasha. The hanyou hadn't moved since walking over to Kirara with the others. “Inuyasha,” he said, concerned. Inuyasha's temper was never more unstable than when Kagome was in danger. “Are you coming with us?” he asked.
 
 
Inuyasha raised his head slightly to look the monk in the eye. Even Sango and Shippou, who weren't in the direct line of contact with Inuyasha, flinched at the intensity and determination in the hanyou's gaze. “No,” he said. “I'm heading on head on foot. You guys take Kirara and go by air. Two routes are better.”
 
 
None of them were quite willing to question Inuyasha at that point, so they complied, settling on Kirara's back and taking flight to search for their missing priestess. Inuyasha, however, took off on foot, like he said he would, running through the woods - looking for any sign of a spider-head or his companion.
 
 
 
Dammit…dammit all to hell, thought Inuyasha. Why'd they have to go after her? And on tonight of all nights? At least last time it was me that got hurt…even in this pathetic human body, I'm still stronger than she is.... Who am I kidding? Kagome's got the strongest will of anyone I know. Just hang on `til I can find you, `Gome, please…just hang on....
 
 
-1234567890-1234567890-
 
 
Kagome woke to find herself flat on her back in a freezing cold room. She quickly rolled into a ball to conserve her body heat. Okay, where the heck am I? she thought. The last thing I remember is that stupid spider grabbing me and…biting my…neck? She reached up and touched the right side of her neck where the demon had bitten her. “Ahh,” she hissed. Damn, that was sore! Just what did they inject me with?
 
 
“Nothing much,” said a voice from the shadows. “Just a little something to calm you down for the trip here.”
 
 
Kagome jumped, scooting away from the voice. “W-Who are you?” she asked, her voice shaking. Although she already had an idea of who it might be, she didn't want to trust her instinct. Her hopes for a different captor were shattered, however, when the voice spoke again.
 
 
“An old friend,” said the voice, though it sounded anything but friendly. A rustling of clothes was heard and the body that the voice belonged to stepped out from the shadows and into the light…long, wavy pitch-black hair; crimson, blood-red eyes; pale, sickly white skin; and a villainous grin to match his appearance….
 
 
Kagome gasped, although she had been expecting him, it still was a bit of a shock. “Naraku!” she said, pulling herself to her feet, not willing to be in any form of submission to the evil hanyou. “What do you want with me?”
 
 
“Just an answer to one simple question, little miko,” said Naraku, his smug smile irritating Kagome. It's like he knows what's going to happen, she thought. And he likes it! Naraku walked over to Kagome, who took a step back for every one he took forward.
 
 
Kagome's back hit something cold and hard - the stone wall of the room. She looked up at the evil hanyou, trying not to let the fear that was starting to build in her show. Naraku stopped in front of her, leaving about two feet between them.
 
 
“All I want to know, little miko,” he said, still smirking. “Is Inuyasha's night of weakness.”
 
 
Kagome felt all the air leave her. W-What? was her only thought and she voiced it. “Come, come, now, little miko,” said Naraku, starting to pace back and forth in front of her.
 
 
“You and I both know that your dear Inuyasha is a hanyou - a half-breed - and, like all other half-breeds, he has a single night where his youkai strength leaves him and he becomes a simple ningen until the sun rises. You have been with Inuyasha for long enough now - you must have seen it. Tell me, what is Inuyasha's night of weakness?”
 
 
Kagome just stared at the hated one. He actually thought she would tell him…. Hell, no, she thought.
 
 
“You truly think I'm just going to come right out and tell you?” she asked, sarcasm dripping in her voice. “If so, you've got another thing coming, pal!”
 
 
Naraku took another step toward her. “Oh, no, little miko,” he said. “I was hoping you would refuse. For now, I offer you three choices.”
 
 
Kagome raised an eyebrow. What the hell? she thought as Naraku continued.
 
 
“Your first choice is to answer the question - which you've already said no to - so you're down to two,” he said, before turning his head to the side. “Kanna! Come in here.”
 
 
Kanna? What in all the seven hells is going on? thought Kagome. What is he trying to pull?
 
 
The white-haired girl appeared by her master's side, her mirror held in front of her as always. “Kagome, if you refuse to tell me Inuyasha's night of weakness, then I will send a legion of demons after him - tonight.” An image of Inuyasha running through the forest alone appeared in Kanna's mirror.
 
 
Kagome gasped. It was still dark, so the sun must not have risen - yet Inuyasha had his silver hair and his dog ears. And his movements - while still very quick - weren't as rapid as they normally were. It's still the night of the new moon! Kagome thought. I have to keep him safe!
 
 
“And if I refuse that as well?” said Kagome, her voice and posture defiant, yet inside, she was trembling in fear for Inuyasha.
 
 
Naraku's smirk grew. “If you refuse both of the first two options,” he said. “Then the only option left for you is to let me have you for this night - to do with what I wish, short of killing you; you are too much of an enjoyable pest in battle for that.”
 
 
Kagome's heart sank. She couldn't let Naraku know about Inuyasha's human night and, if he attacked, he'd find out there too. Her choice of action was clear.
 
 
“Ok,” she said, her head bowed. “I choose the third option.”
 
 
Naraku did not say a word, but the smirk on his face grew to inhuman proportions. Kanna left the room as the brown, root-like tentacles grew from her master's back, tearing through the clothing.
 
 
Kagome flattened herself against the wall. As if that will do you any good, Kagome! she told herself. Look at him and look at you - do you think you can get away without this?
 
 
While Kagome was having her small internal battle, one tentacle snaked its way around the room and behind Kagome. Without warning, it jerked forward, pulling her feet out from under her and knocking her to the ground.
 
 
Seeing how vulnerable her position was to Naraku, who was now leaning above her and starting to remove his outer haori layers, Kagome started to get up. Naraku evidently expected this; before she could get on her knees, he had her flat on her back, arms and legs pinned by his tentacles.
 
 
“Now, now, little miko,” he said, still smirking. “If you refuse to cooperate, I will be forced to send my legion after your beloved half-breed.”
 
 
Naraku's threat scared her into submission and she relaxed, letting his cold hands go to their disgusting work. The thought that he knew how she felt about Inuyasha made her realize something…he knew. He knew that she was going to choose that option all along. She never had a chance. “Ahh,” she hissed, and looked down.
 
 
Naraku had bared his body and hers, though what had drawn her attention was a shallow cut running the width of lower abdomen, from hip to hip.
 
 
“Miko,” he said, his voice no longer smooth and cajoling, but harsh and demanding. “You will watch with open eyes.”
 
 
Kagome didn't have a choice. She watched as he readied himself. He looked back at her, grabbed her hips for leverage - she hissed, but he didn't take notice - and pulled himself forward.
 
 
Her cries echoed through the castle for hours.
 
 
-1234567890-1234567890-
 
 
Inuyasha stumbled, his hand over his chest. A sudden searing pain had struck a few hours ago and had yet to gone away. Ah, dammit, he thought. What is this? I feel like part of me is dying or something… A sudden realization hit him. His mother had once told him, long ago, of a connection his father had with her. It was the only way that he knew to come to her the night Inuyasha was born. She had said that this bond forms regardless of the admitted or denied feelings on the subjects parts - it involved their hearts. If a couple were truly meant for one another and met each other, then they would soon grow to sense each other's distress, pain, joy, happiness.
 
 
If that's true, then…Kagome! Just hang on a bit longer, I swear! Dawn will be here within the hour - I'm coming!!
 
 
-1234567890-1234567890-
 
 
The door to the room creaked open - Kagome flinched and pulled her naked form into a ball, facing away from the door. The intruder's light footsteps stopped just behind her and she pulled into an even tighter ball. “Kagome,” said the voice, but this time, it was a woman's.
 
 
Having only heard Naraku's voice during the rest of her stay, Kagome uncurled enough to turn her head and see the wind-witch, Kagura. “Ka-Kagura,” said Kagome, her voice hoarse from the previous hours. “What are you doing here?”
 
 
Kagura's eyes flickered back to the door and back again. “I don't have long,” she said in a low voice. “Here.” She tossed a simple white sleeping yukata to Kagome, who had sat up and was looking at her with confusion.
 
 
“I don't think you want your friends to find you like that,” Kagura said pointedly. Kagome realized the wind-witch was right and slipped on the yukata, grateful for even its slight warmth.
 
 
“Can you stand?” asked Kagura. Kagome looked at her. “I, I don't know…” she admitted. “I haven't tried to yet. Why?” Kagura reached down a hand to help the other girl up before she explained.
 
 
“Your friends are coming - they are nearly inside the castle,” she said, plainly. Kagome started, surprised to hear that they were here already. Kagura's arm was supporting Kagome by the younger girl's elbow; the girl was rather weak and who could blame her?
 
 
“I'm moving you to a different room - one that doesn't have that stench all over it,” said Kagura, sounding almost bitter. “Here it is.” They stopped in front of another room, quite a ways down the castle from where Kagome had been. “This room will allow your friends to find you without much difficulty, however, I will still have to lock the door,” said Kagura.
 
 
Kagome nodded. “Kagura,” she said, stopping in the act of opening the door and entering the room. “I was just wondering - why?”
 
 
“Why help you?” said the wind-master. Taking Kagome's nod for a yes, she answered. “Because I know what it feels like to be used by him. And if you have any chance to get back to someone that can comfort you and help you through it, I'm willing to help you. Plus, it's one more way of defying that bastard.”
 
 
Kagome nodded and stepped inside the room, watching as Kagura closed and locked the door. I swear it, Naraku will pay for everything that he has done…she silently vowed. Looking around the room, she saw that it was as bare as the one she had left. She gingerly sat down on the floor, to wait for Inuyasha.
 
 
-1234567890-1234567890-
 
 
Inuyasha waited at the edge of the forest with Miroku, Sango, Shippou, and Kirara. Dawn would break any second. He turned to the others. “Look,” he said. “I have a better chance of getting in there, getting Kagome, and getting back out if I go alone. I want you guys to provide cover for us when we come out, `kay?”
 
 
Sango opened her mouth to protest, but just as she did, the morning sun broke over the horizon and Inuyasha was gone. She started to dash off after him, but a hand on her arm stopped her. “Miroku,” she said.
 
 
“We must let him go,” said the monk. “Even if we went, it is unlikely that we could find Kagome as quickly as he could. Our best bet is to do as he told us and provide cover should he need it when they emerge.”
 
 
She nodded. What Miroku had said was true, but that didn't mean she had to like it….
 
 
-1234567890-1234567890-
 
 
A distant crash could be heard through the stone walls of the room. Kagome jumped. Was that from Tetsusaiga? Is Inuyasha here? she thought.
 
 
“Kagome!”
 
 
“Kagome!!”
 
 
What was that? she thought. The cries were distant, but unique….
 
 
“Kagome!!”
 
 
“Kagome!!!”
 
 
They were much closer now and she was sure of whom that voice belonged too. She gathered her courage…
 
 
“Inuyasha?!”
 
 
“Kagome!”
 
 
The cry came from right outside her cell door, this time.
 
 
“Kagome? Are you in there?”
 
 
Her heart sang with relief - it was her hanyou!
 
 
“Yes, Inuyasha! I'm here!”
 
 
The hanyou himself nearly collapsed with relief. I found her!
 
 
“Alright, get away from the door!”
 
 
Kagome squeaked and moved as quickly as she could to the side of the room, which admittedly wasn't that fast; though it was fast enough, for just after she pressed herself against the wall,
 
 
Tetsusaiga!”
 
 
One mighty swing from Tetsusaiga and the door was no more. Kagome turned around to see nothing but a cloud of dust; once it settled, there was her hanyou, Inuyasha, looking for her in the room.
 
 
“Inuyasha,” she said, to gain his attention.
 
 
Before she could blink, she was in his arms. Feeling secure and safe for the first time since the sunset, Kagome latched on to him, unshed tears threatening to fall.
 
 
To both of their dislike, Inuyasha pulled back. “We need to get out of here,” he said, letting go and turning around to have her get on his back.
 
 
Kagome froze.
 
 
“I-Inuyasha,” she said, causing him to look back at her. His face seemed to say, `Well, what's the matter, get on already!' She looked away. “I can't ride like that…not in this,” she said, pointing to her yukata and not wanting to tell him the real reason.
 
 
Swiftly, Inuyasha stood up and picked her up bridal-style, catching her off-guard. “You better pray we have an easy exit, then…” he said. “'Cause I'd be useless in a fight if I have to carry you like this.”
 
 
-1234567890-1234567890-1234567890-1234567890-1234567890-123 4567890-
 
 
So, there's the second chap. PLEASE R&R and let me know what you think! This is the first time I've done anything remotely concerning this subject matter and I really want to know what you think. Thanks!
 
 
YoukaiLuvr