InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ For You ❯ For You ( One-Shot )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
One Shot:

~~Gosh don't ya just love Smile Empty Soul?~~~
* or ' is thoughtsblah blah ~*~ is lyrics

The scene was no longer shocking. . . in fact, it was quite the opposite, completely normal and even cliche. Kagome walked into the sacred barrier to find none other than Inuyasha talking to the one and only Kikyou (of course dead and remade from clay). The voices in Kagome's head played out the scenario as she knew it would happen.

~Kikyou: Go to hell with me
*Inuyasha: I will always protect you
~Kikyou: Then come with me

Kagome's mind laughed at the conversation; didn't it ever get old? Asking the same questions only to have the same answers. She felt that way a lot. She asked herself 'why doesn't he want to be with me instead of Kikyou?' only to receive the same answers 'he loves Kikyou. . . not you'.

Kagome sighed as she turned around and walked away from the picture. . . they were now to the part where Inuyasha and Kikyou share in a moment of happiness as they kiss; usually at this point Kagome would somehow interrupt them. Today she didn't. She walked away, like she wasn't even there. . . because to Him she wasn't.

~*~I waited for you I died inside my own head
and I'd die again for you
I'm faded and tired, completely uninspired
and I'd die again for you ~*~

Kagome wandered around aimlessly, Shippo was off with Sango and Miroku on route to a Jewel Shard. Her and Inuyasha were suppose to be scouting the other village where Miroku spotted an "ominous black shadow" and who should show up but Kikyou. Kagome sat on the ground, in the middle of the beaten dirt path and began singing to herself.

Different songs fluttered through her head (ranging from Britney Spears "Toxic" to Smile Empty Soul's "For You"). She began thinking to herself that she didn't really care if he loved someone else, as long as he was happy that was all that truly mattered. Then her mind did its famous contradication and said that Inuyasha and her were meant to be. Kagome felt like screaming, her mind could never make itself up.

She heard footsteps behind her, recognizing them as the big footed (and headed for that matter) Inuyasha. She began to sing out loud the song she was thinking.

~*~So kill me with the love
That you won't (give to me)x2
And pack the wound with salt
I want to (feel it bleed)x2~*~

Inuyasha stopped suddenly, not wanting her to stop what she was doing. He listened to the words of anger and sadness floating from the angelic girl on the ground. He stood, very confused, for a few moments, long after she had become quiet again. 'Could she have meant something by those words?' he asked himself. 'No, she just likes singing. . . she always sings, it keeps her happy. Hai. . . that's it.' He wrote off this out burst as Kagome having a good time. 'Unless. . . unless she saw me and Kikyou. Again. Then, maybe she meant them. But why would she want my love? Does she love me too?'.

"Oi! Wench! We're looking for Jewel Shards. We can't just sit in the middle of the road all day! Look its nearly dark now!" Inuyasha walked hotily up to Kagome who shook her head in disbeliefe of how thick he was.

"Yes Inuyasha its all my fault!" she yelled angrily.

"Well. . . " he couldn't say it was her fault. "Feh! Lets just go!"

Kagome didn't climb on his back, as would be the normal way to travel with him. Instead, she walked, slightly behind him. Kagome's thoughts were too cloudy for her to concentrate on where they were going, or Inuyasha's voice complaining about how long its been since she'd sensed a jewel shard.

~*~I'm searching for resons
to keep away the demons
and I'd die again for you
I wish you were near me
could feel it when you hear me say
I'd die again for you~*~

Even though Kagome was near him, she felt like they were miles apart. She asked herself why she didn't stay with Kouga when she had the chance, he was a fairly nice guy when he wanted to be. Of course, Shippo would miss her, and Sango and Miroku. She really just wanted to go home, she missed having a normal life (no matter how boring it was). She wanted to be back with people who were normal and didn't love dead girls made of clay. Then again, Inuyasha wasn't exactly normal either. She really just wanted him to get over Kikyou. . . that would be much easier than this subtlity she was trying on him.

Inuyasha sensed her pensive state and became thoughtful himself. He wanted to be with Kagome, tonight he had even gotten Kikyou off his back. But how could he get someone who was so much better than him to fall in love with him? At this point, he didn't even reckon she liked him very much. He just wanted answers. . . if she liked him then he could tell her he liked her.

"Wench, what were you talking about earlier?" he asked, hoping to find if the song was true.

"I have a name Baka." she let out a heavy sigh, "I was singing."

"Did they mean anything?" 'that didn't come out quite right'.

"Of course they meant something." 'more than you know'.

"Are they about someone?" 'Great here it comes. . . its either a big "no" or a "yes I love someone else".

"Yes." she replied dully.

"Would you sing them again?"

Kagome felt slightly awkward at such a request, but, she complied.

~*~So kill me with the love
That you won't (give to me)x2
And pack the wound with salt
I want to (feel it bleed)x2
(You wanted me to crawl
so now I'm on my knees)

At this point Kagome almost collapsed to the ground. She hadn't realized all the feelings she had been holding in came out in the songs lyrics. She wiped at a few stray tears and continued walking, determined to not let Inuyasha see her in such a mess.

Kagome began thinking of a few months before she realized she was in love with Inuyasha. There was a dance at school and she wanted to go, so she asked Hojo, thinking it was a safe bet he'd go with her. She asked him in study hall and by P.E. (the next period) his grandmother had unexpectedly died and he couldn't go. Kagome saw him the night of the dance, at the movies with some chick from another school.

~*~Why's it always have to be me
that's always left out to burn and
I'll never learn. x2~*~

Kagome couldn't really take it anymore. Her thoughts were eating away at her and she had to tell Inuyasha. With all the courage she could muster, she spoke the fateful words. . .

"The song is 'For You'." 'the name of the song is For You, so if he has a problem I can just explain and then I'll know how he truly feels. At any rate. . . I did tell him'.

"For me?"

"Well you see the name of the so-" Kagome began to speak but was cut off by Inuyasha.

"You love me too Kagome?"

"Too?" she asked. She seemed more confused than the Hanyou.

"Kagome. I saw Kikyou tonight. I wanted to tell her that, I can never go with her, because there is something more important for me on earth." Kagome didn't know what to say, so she opted for silence. "You Kagome. I realized it a few weeks ago when I saw you playing with Shippo. You looked so adorable tossing him up in the air and then catching him. Your smile lights up the whole sky." Inuyasha seemed to be voicing his thoughts, without realizing Kagome could hear every word. "I love you Kagome. I'm sorry it took me so long to realize it, and to tell you."

Speachless, Kagome threw her arms around Inuyasha and hugged him.

Inuyasha felt speechless himself and he acted on instinct, pulling back slightly so he could capture Kagome's lips in a sweet blissful kiss.
§¤~*~*~§¤*~*~ ~*~§¤~*~*~§¤*~*~ ~*~§¤~*~*~§¤*~*~ ~*~§¤~*~*~§¤*~*~ ~*~§¤~*~*~§¤*~*~
So that was fun wasn't it?! Okay now I guess I'll go back to stuff that matters. *feh* Geez . . . I hope you all love this! Its fun! Yay! I had two interrpretations for this song. My second interrpretation will probably never be posted, cause I can't seem to finish it. Basically its the same thing except Inuyasha is the main candidate in the song. Rock on! Well I love you all and have a happy day!