InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Fortune of Dreams ❯ Kagome's Worst Nightmare Part 1 ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

AN: Hey! How was the last chapter? Hm? I am really, really, really, really, sorry to those who really, really, hated the idea for Sesshoumaru having two wives, and that thing about the family tradition; it's just something to say it has a reason. Now, now, don't you get all mad and hate her, she is in a great scheme of things...oh but in a matter of fact, I don't like her either so...stuff her :P but she IS necessary in the story so, please be patient!!! Also one question to the person called Emily (Haha~ That's my name too. Note: Choyan is my Chinese name ar! And it's really suppose to my Cho Yan..) Anyway, don't like this chapter much not just the content but the way I wrote it...hm...such try better next time, and sorry!!! For those who think I should have done a better job, but, school is a pressuring matter!!! (Ha! What an excuse!)

Oh! And also, when do this: ~*~*~ or ~~*~~*~~ or ~*~~*~~*~ they don't have specific meaning but it's just used to show a change of scene or/and time.

"""Read & Review!!!!!!!!!"""

Chapter 6 - Kagome's Worst Nightmare (Part One)

Time tends to fly by, day-by-day, month-by-month. But nothing changes much here. Yet to Kagome, it was only another day of hope drawing closer to seeing Sesshoumaru again, still, threes years has past and still no sign of going home.

"Inutaishou-san, ohiyougosaimasu." Kagome said as she saw her father-in-law come into the kitchen. "Here is your porridge." (AN: Err...it's the rice porridge, not the oat meal ones, this is Asian style...and I think it's kinda...um, not bad but I don't think much Europeans like them...)

"Ohiyou Kagome and haven't I told you, you don't have to add `san' at the end of my name okay?" Inutaishou told her, then began eating his breakfast. "Oh, and arigatou, for this." He pointed at the bowl.

"It's nothing really," Kagome said. "I have to go now okay? You be careful now, the clothes are the basket in the back alley."

"Thanks again!"

Living as a prison here in Tokyo wasn't like any prisoner's normal life at all! They were to work to get their own money to survive, and only a limited amount of wealth was aloud to be earn. Where were they really? No-one had told them and no one knew, only those who were the rich people, the employers of all the captured people and those who come in for the entertainment from the females and one who would be willing to sleep with them for the night for some money. This city was full of lust, yet Kagome and Inutaishou had to live with that. No one knew they were Warlords and Lady of the Western Lands, or that Kagome was the daughter of the Eastern Lands.

~~

Kagome walked down to the restaurant down the street from her `home' and just outside the restaurant, people were gathering around the entrance.

"Excuse me but can you tell me what's happening here?" Kagome asked one of the people standing in the crowd.

"It seems to be a new comer." She explained. New comers, all of them were like that, creating a big scene of fighting to get out of this town, yet they all settle down soon enough and the people just ignored them. Looking left and right, Kagome caught sight of a young girl around the same age as her was fighting his guy and she was wining.

`Better break this up now before the court-men come.' "I'll try to talk to the girl." Kagome said quietly to the woman next to her.

"No use. More than ten person has tried to persuade her yet all of them had no luck. And all she wants to know is how to get outta here."

"Don't worry." Kagome assured her and walked towards the girl.

"Don't even try about persuading me to let this man go! I'm going to get out of here and none of you are going to stop me."

"If you're thinking of escaping, then it's a waste of time, not one person has succeeded doing this and ended up dead."

`You lie!!"

"No I'm not, if I am, then how come I'm still here?" Kagome asked her and she paused. "You're not the only one here who wants to go out. I am separated from my family and my beloved husband. You're not the only here who's alone."

The girl let go of the guy and then lowered her head.

"Why? Why did they have to kill my family and leave me here?!" Then she collapsed and cried, the crowd was amazed that no one could stop this mad woman, but Kagome did.

"Please, get up and settle down before the court-men come otherwise the real trouble starts." Kagome said as she went down to help the girl get up. "Would you like to come inside the restaurant?"

"I'm suppose to work there really." The girl said lowering her head.

"Really? I work there too." Kagome said to her, smiling. "What's you name?"

"Sango."

"Well, Sango-chan. I think I better show you around." Kagome showed her in.

~*~*~*~*~*~

"Thank you for showing me around Kagome-chan, using up you break time." Sango bowed.

"No need all that bowing," Kagome said. "We better return to the kitchen now." She told her. Kagome was a cook and Sango prepares food to be cooked at the restaurant and quickly, they walked back to the kitchen.

~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~

"Ah~ Kagome, can I ask you a flavor?" Miharu, the owner of the restaurant said.

"Yeah, sure, as long as it isn't too a big one." Kagome replied.

"Can you deliver this on you way home?" She asked.

"No problem, here is it to?"

"The Geiyuun."

"Not that's place!" Kagome moaned. It was a place were women sleep with men for money.

"Please?! Just this once? All the men has gone already and you or Sango are the last employees left here; and you're here longer than Sango was."

"Okay, okay."


~~~

"Hey Sango, I can't go with you today, maybe tomorrow cause I have to deliver the food for Miharu." Kagome said apolitically.

"Do worry, I'll be fine and I won't fight with people again, I promise, okay?" Sango told her.

"Well then, see you tomorrow."

"Ja ne~!"

~~*~~

"Excuse me, I'm here to deliver someone's meal from the Saike Restaurant." Kagome said as she went inside the build. She's never been here before, it is decorated with soft coloured ribbons here and there at the big lounge behind the reception with corridors leading of into smaller rooms; there were definitely lots of women surrounding men and serving them food. `What a place, full of lustful people.' Kagome shook her head ever so slightly.

"Thank you very much for your delivery." An mid-aged woman said to her.

"Your welcome." Kagome said noticed a man, surround by other men standing still around him glancing at her and decided to leave. (AN: Sounds kinda European don't you think?)

After Kagome made the turn the man who was glancing at Kagome called to the woman that was talking to her.

"Who was that lady?" He asked in a lustful way.

"Have your eye on her sir?" The woman replied in a very business like style.

(AN: Who the hell does that woman think she is?! Kagome ISN'T hers and she doesn't even work for her!!!)

"Just answer my question." He demanded from the woman. "Or I shall close this place down with the clap of my hands!"

"I'm sorry my lord...please forgive me for being so nosy in your business. She was just delivering some food from the Saike restaurant that one of my girls would only eat from, you know, to do pleases you gentlemen." She informed him, bowing low. (AN: -,-;; I'm gonna spew up!! [go and spew up...])

(AN: Okay, that is just SOOO random, sorry guys, but I don't have any other way to make Kagome's being seen by that `guy' <who seems to have a lot of power over the people of Tokyo doesn't he? >~). He nodded and began to leave.

"Okay, that's is all for now." He told the woman. "I think I'll finish my business with this lovely lady first." His voice was full of lust and the female was just playing along with him.

~*~*~*~NOTE~*~*~*~

AN: Okay, just to tell those who don't understand the story so far, two years past from the last chapter, Kagome works at a restaurant as a chef! Quite a `of course!' job for her with her excellent cooking skills!!. Just outside where she works, Sango was having a fight with someone, wanting information of getting out of the city. When Kagome settles things down, she befriends Sango and finds out that they were working at the same place. Then The Saike Restaurant owner lady, Miharu, asks Kagome to take the deliver to the Geiyuun. Kagome is quite friendly with Miharu. When Kagome finally get to the Geiyuun and delivers the food. The `guy' sees her and got interest in her okay? That's it all…sorry for any inconvenience,

~*~*~*~~*~*~*~

"I'm home!" Kagome shouted through the house.

`Oh! Welcome back, how's your day been?" Inutaishou asked.

"Not too bad, had to do a delivery to the Geiyuun, a horrible place." Kagome shivered slightly. "And this, this person was looking at me and his eyes was shimmering with lust...it was gross!" Kagome patted her hand as if she was trying to rub of the dirty things that she got on her hand by just going into that place.

"Well, at least your safe, that what it matters." He smiled that was giving him wrinkles near the corner of his eyes and mouth.

`Sesshoumaru interfered his smile.' Kagome smiled at the discovery. "Well I better start cooking before you get starved huh Inutaishou-sama?" Kagome asked with a sense of humor.

"Right..."

~*~*~*~

*knock knock*

"Coming." Miharu's shouted to the people outside the gate. Who the hell would want to come so late in the night.

"My Lord Toujin, what a surprise to see you here." Miharu said as she opened the door, bowing with respect to the man who was now the second most powerful person in the Eastern Lands.

(An: just imagin the guy as Naraku with a different name.)

"Tell me, who was the girl who did the delivery not so long ago?" he asked.

"She is one of my staff that works in the kitchen my lord." She replied, fearing of making this man unhappy or unsatisfied with any answer.

"I see..." The man said and began to think of...something. Then turned to leave.

"Is there anymore assistance you need of me my lord?" Miharu asked.

"I'll be visiting very often from now on, make sure this place is spotless." He informed her.

"Yes my lord, I am honored."

~~~*~~~*~~~

"Ohiyou Miharu-san!" Kagome said to her boss the next day.

"Oh, Kagome-san, ohiyou." Miharu said, a bit strangely.


"Is anything wrong?" Kagome asked curiously.

"Kagome," she began.

"Yes?"

"You know how I asked to go and deliver the food for me to the Geiyuun?" she continued and Kagome nodded. "Did you notice any man watching you at all when you were there?" Her words sent shivers down her spine yet...

"Yes, one man, but I went out straight after I saw him.

"You better be careful from now on when you go home, okay?" Miharu said to she, giving a worried look.

"Is there a reason that you `re tell me all this? I mean I only went there to do a delivery and..." Kagome couldn't think of what to say, mixed in this fear and confusion. Mihari didn't want to get on the angry side of the Lord by telling Kagome about him so she keep herself quite from that information.

"Nothing really, it's just that those men are really creepy that's all." And walked away.

"Ohiyou Kagome-chan."

"Oh~ Sango-chan ohiyou, you look happy today." Kagome commented.

"Well, thanks to you really." Sango said.

"That's nice to hear."

~*~~*~~*~

As noon arrived, the lunch time customers flooded in.

"A Baked Chicken Filet Rice please!" The most popular order of the lunch time menu, a dish that Kagome was quite an expert at. (AN: The restaurant only open from morning break till afternoon.).

When a tall figure began to walk in, everyone became quite and some shushes from around the room to quite the others people.

"Continue to eat." He said casually as if was just a normal ranked person being `on the spot'. The people did as he said and the volume came back to the noisy level."

"How may I help you sir?" The waitress asked.

"What do you have here?" He asked with a smile.

"Would you like to try our special meal for today, Baked Chicken Filet Rice?" she asked him.

"Hmm...sounds interesting enough, yes, I think I'll try one."

"And what about the other gentlemen?" She asked.

"They have had their meal already. Or would you like something to eat?" He asked them, with the most evil grin on his face noticed only by his men.

"No thank you."

"Alright then, thank you sir. I should be ready in about ten minutes." And the waitress walked off.

Kagome came out of the kitchen to take out the last order before her lunch break.

"Baked Chicken Filet Rice, enjoy sir." She said then looked at the customer and was shocked to see the man from the Geiyuun from yesterday but hide it well.

"Thank you dear. My! Don't this kind of work damage the beautiful, smooth skin you have?" He asked as he reached out to take her hand. Kagome retreat a stepped back.

"Enjoy your meal." She bowed and left.

`Um...a tough game huh? I like challenges...'

~~*~~*~~

"Ja ne Miharu-san!" Kagome shouted into the restaurant from the door and then walked off. Walking home as usual, the long hallways and the brick walls. Yet she feels uneasy, it seems like something is following her. She quickens her pace and felt this thing or person was speeding up too! Just before she turned the corner, she turned around sharply. No was there, I could be just her imagination reflecting her encounter at lunch.

Finally when she reached her house, she placed the key in the key hole and quickly went inside the house. It might have been her imagination after all.

~

`So she a prisoner huh?'

AN: OOOOOO!!!! Fishy fishy here!!! HAHA!!!! Sorry, this is another cliff hanger, but as you can see, this is `part one' of chapter 6 so yeah...I didn't know I was going to make it this long you see so yeah~~ Part two, here I come!!!! (R&R!!!!!! PLZ!!!!)