InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Freckles ❯ Freckles ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Life Goes On

Disclaimer: I do not own Inuyasha or the song Freckles from Rurouni Kenshin. Just borrowing them!

~I brushed against those freckles that I hated so,

Life goes on, and I heave a little sigh for you,

Its heavy, the love that I would share with you,

And it dissolves like it was just a sugar cube~

Kagome couldn't help but smile at the hanyou that brought her so much happiness. She sighed for her sadness and happiness. She was happy for him, no matter what he chose. She would still love him no matter what, but her love would slowly disappear as the years went by…right?

~Now the little pain sitting in my heart,

Has shrunk in a bit, but it really does hurt me now,

Those silly horoscopes, I

Guess I can't trust them after all~

Kagome walked up to the God Tree and placed her hand over it. `Inuyasha…' She still felt the pain of his choice, the pain she thought she had forgotten, but the pain was back. No matter what anyone or thing said or did, she would always love that dog eared boy.

~If we could get further away,

I wonder what it would be like,

Yay

I'd be so happy,

Inside my heart~

A small smile graced her lips as she thought about what her life could be like with Inuyasha. He would carry her on his back, complaining that she was just a weak human, but caring for her all the same. She wondered what it would be like if she confessed her love for him. She would be so happy if he loved her back, her heart would be his and it would be so happy and free, with her love.

~All the memories I have are beautiful in my mind,

But they don't feed the hunger deep inside my soul,

And tonight I thought

I'd be just sitting in my sorrow,

And now I must wonder why,

What did it really mean to you? ~

She felt tears escape her eyes as she thought back to the first time she had met him. He opened his eyes and glared down at her. She remembered how he tried to protect her during their battle with Yura the hair demoness. She remembered how he would get so jealous if any other man so much as looked at her. And she remembered his warm embrace.

But that wasn't enough to console her. She needed to be with him again. She hadn't even realized that it had gotten dark. She went back to her house and went to bed. But she couldn't sleep. She tossed and turned for an hour before making up her mind.

She quietly got out of bed, grabbed a blanket, and headed back to the God Tree. She thought that when she got there, she would reminisce some more and cry out all her sorrow for the night, but when she got there she felt different.

She felt happiness and calm wash over her. She wondered why this happened. Was he watching her? Or, did he really care about her? She wondered what her love really meant to him.

~I just can't see it any more,

I just can't see it any more~

Even if she couldn't see him, she still loved him. And she thought back to her promise. `I will always be by your side'. She hadn't kept her promise. But she would make it up. `Tomorrow' she thought. `Tomorrow, I will see him then.' And with that comforting thought, she drifted off to sleep, in Inuyasha's favorite branch.

A/N: Hey! Umm…I was just listening to this song Freckles from Kenshin, so, I wanted to make a fic about it. I hope you all liked it, and if you do, please review and tell me, so I can make another chapter okay!