InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ From Here to There ❯ Goodbye ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

~~Okay, the whole point of the story hasn't even started yet. so hang on!

Disclaimer: I do not own Inuyasha

Chapter 3- Goodbye

"Since I threw it at his head, it should be near his bed..."

Kagome looked up and her eyes widened. There she was, standing in the doorway and watching Kikyou in nothing but a towel making out full force with Inu on the bed. Her heart stopped and her first reaction was to let out a quiet whimper.

It was Inuyasha who heard and his eyes snapped open. He sat up straight and Kikyou rolled off and sat up as well. They both turned to look at Kagome who was as white as a ghost and her grip on the doorknob had not loose.

"Geese Kag! Ever heard of knocking!?" Inu shouted as he jumped off the bed. Kagome opened her mouth to speak but nothing came out but a squeak. "What the hell do you want?" Inuyasha screamed.

"What is it Higurashi!?" Kikyou yelled. Kagome scanned the room and then looked back up at Inuyasha.

"I thought you were still at the pool." she started.

"Well you thought wrong!" he screamed. Kagome lowered her hand from the doorknob.

"Well, I was just getting my history book. I didn't think I would fine the two of you here." she couldn't help it but burst out laughing, and covering her mouth. She then hurried over to Inuyasha's dresser. She had never felt so good to see her history book. The next thing she had to do was bail out of his room. Kagome kept giggling as she walked passed Inu and Kikyou and than out the door.

"I'm so stupid," she muttered and wanted to kick her self. She had seen the two of them make out together plenty of times, but never so close to whatever they were doing. She shook her head in disgust.

"Eww ewww ewww!" Of course she burst out laughing because it was the most odd and hilarious just seeing the two.

"Did you find what you were looking for?" Myouga asked from the bottom of the stairs. Kag could only manage a smile and held up her history book.

"Oh, yes. Thanks for everything!" she said cheerfully and hurried as fast as she could out the door.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Inuyasha watched as Kagome disappeared through the door. He sighed and slammed his head on the door. He was supposed to apologize to her, not make her madder. Two silky arms wrapped around his neck and pulled him into a hug.

"Don't worry about her. Now where were we?" Kikyou said. Inuyasha pulled away from her hug.

"Not today Kikyou." The moment was ruined because Kag had to walk in on them. Kikyou sighed.

"Fine, whatever!" she walked back to the bathroom and later came out dressed. "I'll see you later." Inuyasha hadn't move from his spot when she walked passed him and out the door.

"Stupid Kag.." He muttered and grabbed a white t-shirt then headed out the door. He hurried down the stairs to see Myouga standing at the bottom of the stairs a bit shocked at seeing Inuyasha.

"Master Inuyasha, I had no idea that you were here."

"Did you see Kag?" Inuyasha asked. Myouga nodded and glanced at his watch.

"I believe she left about five minutes ago.." Inuyasha was out the door running. He hit the main street and started running down the block towards Kagome's house. Within a minute he could see the tomboy walking exceptionally slow towards her house.

"Kag! Slow down!" He saw her look over her shoulder and than quickened her pace.

"God dammit wench! Slow down!!!" By the time he said those words he was already next to her. "What's your problem Kag?"

"Nothing's my problem," Kagome said turning to him and smiling. "Why?"

"Don't give me that bull shit; you've been PMSing for days now." Kagome stopped walking and than sighed. She cocked her head to the side and looked at him straight in the eye.

"There's nothing wrong Inu. God, we've been friends for sixteen years and you haven't even gotten the clue that we fight a little bit more than often."

"Well that's because..." Inu stopped talking and than sat down on a bench near the park. Kagome sighed and walked around the bench and plopped down next to him.

"Why'd you stop talking?" Kagome asked quietly playing with the dirt with the toe of her shoe.

"Cuz I know if I go on you'll probably hit me in the head with that book." Inu scooted away, which made Kagome laughed.

"I'm not gonna hit you Inu, I might kill you though." She pointed a finger to a large tree. "C'mon, let's climb."

Inuyasha followed Kagome off the bench and towards the tree that stood in the center of the park. Kagome went first, using her strength to push herself up on the branch. When she was on the second branch, Inuyasha went. The climbing didn't take long since they were practically professionals, but soon they were leaning against the tree, Inu on one side and Kagome on the other.

"So why aren't you with your prom queen?" Kagome asked, leaning her head against the tree and staring out at the sun setting. She heard some grumbling from Inuyasha, which was usual before he spoke up.

"I dunno." Kagome didn't urge on. It probably wasn't the best subject to talk about since she was probably the reason why Kikyou and Inuyasha weren't rolling around on the bed.

"Hey are we still planning on going to Hawaii this summer?" Kagome asked.

"Geese Kag, how the hell should I know? We still have like five months!"

"Well if we're going we have to get things straight!" Kagome shouted.

"It's not going to be hard, idiot. We'll call and book the flight and the hotel the day before," Inuyasha said coolly.

"Yeah, easy for you. I on the other hand will probably take forever to just.."

"Kag, don't worry about it. I'll take care of it!" Kagome sat up straight and swung her legs over the branch.

"Inu, you moron! Did it ever occur to you that I don't want to count on you for the rest of my life?" she yelled. Inu groaned.

"Fine! I won't help you. Fuck you!" he yelled.

"Fine!" The two sat on the tree for a moment and than Kag popped out her head. "Walk me home."

The two climbed down the tree like little toddlers and began walking towards Kagome's house which wasn't very far. They began discussing the idea of going to the video arcade and playing baseball the next day. Once they reached Kagome's home she waved goodbye and ran to her door, while Inuyasha continued back to his own home. Even though the two fought constantly non-stop, they always gave in at the end.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Kikyou watched from the classroom door as Inuyasha and Kagome entered the school laughing as usual. She snorted and wanted to slap the girl across her face. She hated Kagome. From the moment they met it was war over Inuyasha. She hated how Kagome and Inuyasha understood each other under any circumstances and how they spent every waking moment of their life hanging out with each other. Even though they didn't always agree on things, they always seemed to fix it.

What pissed Kikyou off the most was the fact that everyone in the whole school knew that the two were in love, except them. They hadn't even recognized signs of love which were practically dancing around their heads. Inuyasha and Kagome didn't even look at each other when it came to romance. To them, they were just best friends. But to the whole world, their friendship was their love life. Kikyou sat down and flipped her hair. If she could only find away to tear Inuyasha apart from Kagome and ruin their friendship before the two began to figure out their true feelings. Kikyou, no matter what loved Inuyasha. Since she was little she had dreamed of nothing but going out with Inuyasha Takashi. He was the cutest and richest boy in school. He was outgoing and popular and was awesome at sports.

Then again, there was Kagome. She was beautiful, nice, popular and again awesome at sports. But there was one thing Kikyou had that she didn't have.money. Money took advantage over a lot of things, and Kikyou definitely had it. Kagome was poor compared to her and Inuyasha was the richest guy along with his brother in Japan! It was the strangest thing in the world for them to even meet. Kikyou folded her hands across the desk and smiled. She knew just what to do, to get Inuyasha to be pissed off at Kagome.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

"Nani?! Are you serious?" Kagome stared wide eyed at her test. On it was a bright red 'A' on it. "What could I have possibly done wrong??" she flipped through pages that were stapled until she came upon one question that she had missed.

"Ahhhhhhhh! I looked over my test twice! I could of sword I did all of them!!" she yelled. Sango looked over at her friend and sighed.

"Kagome, you got a freaking A!! What are you complaining about?" she yelled.

"Uh..Earth to Sango. But did it occur to you that an A+ is better than an A?" Sango rolled her eyes and groaned.

"At least you got a better grade than me!" Sango held up her test with a B on it.

"What did you get Inu?" Kagome asked turning around from her seat and facing the arrogant boy.

"I got a fucking F again," he muttered. Kagome sighed and rolled her eyes.

"If you would have studied like I told you to.."

"Why the hell would I study? It's just a freaking test!" Sango and Shippo sighed as the two started their day off with a usual fight.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~**~*~*~*~

Kagome bobbed her knee up down and turned her cap around her head. She chomped on the gum and tossed the baseball up and down. She blew a bubble and than made her way to the batter.

"Nobunaga, how are you holding the bat?" Kagome walked over and showed him the right way. Inuyasha was busy practicing his swing.

"Kag, throw me a few balls!" he shouted.

"Use the machine!"

"No!"

"Yes!"

"No!"

"Yes!"

"No!"

"Shut up and listen to me!" Kagome shouted.

"Bitch." Inu muttered and went to the batting cage. Kagome turned her attention to Manten and Hiten, the two worst brothers in the world, but made great outfielders.

"Hey you two..practice throwing and catching!" Kagome shouted, tossing them her baseball.

"Whatever, babe!" Hiten winked at her and caught the ball. Kagome rolled her eyes and returned to Nobunaga who was having a hard time hitting the ball.

"Nobunaga..keep your eye on the ball."

"Kag.the damn machine is broken! Throw the fucking ball!!!" Kagome groaned and looked over at the silver haired boy jumping up and down like a little boy. She glanced over at the field to see Shippo throwing the ball with the pitcher.

"Shippo-chan! Can you please shut Inu up and pitch for him?" Shippo looked up nervously.

"But he'll probably yell at me!"

"No he won't, if he does just call me!" Shippo moaned and walked slowly over to the pouting Inuyasha who was shouting curses as loud as possible. Kagome leaned her back against the fence and looked at her watch. It was time to go home already. and it felt like they had just started practice. She walked over to the dugout and picked up her backpack and tried to wipe the dirt off her face with her dark blue t-shirt. She climbed out and passed Inu and Shippo.

"I'm going home!" she said, cheerfully. "I'll see you later!"

"Yeah, yeah whatever. We don't need you. Hurry up and go!" Inuyasha said, doing a practice swing. Kagome snorted and waved to Shippo.

"Bye Shippo!" Kagome began humming to her self and than headed home. The sky was grey and it looked like it was going to rain soon. If she didn't hurry she would be soaked by the time she reached home. She was almost off the school property when Kikyou popped out. Kagome groaned silently and smiled.

"Hello Higurashi," Kikyou said.

"Kikyou." Kagome said.

"So you were practicing with the guys earlier?" Kikyou pointed at the dirt stain on Kagome's face. Kagome wiped it with the back of her hand and nodded.

"Yeah. I have to go." Kagome walked passed her.

"You know. He doesn't really love you," Kikyou said. Kagome froze and turned around to look at her.

"What are you talking about?"

"You know what I'm talking about. Inuyasha."

"Inuyasha? What do you mean he doesn't really love me?" Kagome's voice hardened.

"Don't try to act all innocent Kagome. I see the way you look at him."

"What the hell are you talking about? If you're saying that I like Inuyasha than you're wrong. Inu's my friend!" Kagome said.

"Friend? Yeah right. He hates you, he told me himself. He says he's sick and tired of you following him around everywhere." Kagome sighed and shook her head, then continued to walk. But Kikyou, being the bitch she was wouldn't give up.

"Stay away from him Higurashi! He's mine! Inuyasha doesn't need a stupid poor brat around him when he's got me!" Kikyou's face was flushed as she yelled. Kagome raised an eye brow and than smiled.

"Look, do what ever you want to do to try to break me and Inu apart. It's not gonna work," Kagome blew a bubble from her gum and walked away, when Kikyou ran up to her and grabbed her by the shoulder. She spun her around and slapped Kagome hard across the face.

Kagome winced as the sharp pain passed through her face and than her body. Her cheek reddened instantly.

"Bitch," Kagome put her hand to her cheek. Kikyou made another grab for Kagome, grabbing Kagome's arm and using her long nails to scratch her arm, making long red lines that started bleeding. Kagome pulled her arm away and launched at Kikyou with her fist pulled back.

There was a loud cry as Kagome's fist made the impact on Kikyou's gut. She doubled over, clutching her stomach and trying to breathe.

"You.ass." Kikyou sputtered out. Kagome took a breath and walked away quietly. She put her hand to her cheek and winced again from the sting. There was sure to be bruising from how hard she had slapped Kagome.

"I should have kicked her ass even more.." Kagome whispered and pulled her bag higher up her back.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Kikyou stood up, still clutching her stomach and started to run towards her car. She smiled as she slipped into her car. The first thing she did was grabbed her shirt and tried her best to rip it. There was a loud ripping noise as her shirt ripped open. Kikyou then, grabbed her makeup bag that she had brought along and began doing her work.

She was going to get Inuyasha, no matter what. Kagome was going to pay for punching her, not physically but emotionally. *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Inuyasha stopped his car in front of his house and then jumped out. He was tired, beyond tired. He planned to skip dinner (for once), take a shower and then go to sleep. Practice was hard with Kagome yelling orders left and right. Inuyasha groaned as he walked through his door to see Myouga walking around with an apron.

"What in seven hells are you doing?" Inuyasha spat. Myouga looked up and smiled, his grey mustache was neatly combed.

"Most of the servants were given a day off today, since your brother will be coming home soon and they had been cleaning all day yesterday."

"Oh." Inuyasha hated the idea of his brother coming home. Sesshomaru wasn't the best half brother in the world. The only good thing about living with him was that he was always gone on business trips in Tokyo or around the world, which left Inuyasha to the mansion alone. He could do whatever he want, whenever he wanted.

"Oh, Inuyasha-sama, there's a young girl here to see you. She's waiting for you in your room." Myouga said pointing up stairs. Inuyasha nodded and walked slowly up the stairs, practically falling asleep.

Inuyasha reached his room, and stepped through the door to find Kikyou sitting on the bed, sobbing.

"Kikyou?" Inuyasha hurried to her side. She looked like she had been attacked, maybe almost raped. Her hair was sticking in different directions and her face was bruised. Her shirt was ripped and she was clutching her stomach.

"Kikyou what the hell happened? Who did this to you?" Inuyasha was angrier then hell now. His eyes were almost all red as Kikyou continued to sob.

"She..She."

"Who?!" Inuyasha roared.

"She did it.Kagome did it!" Kikyou screamed and then cried again. Inuyasha's face fell and his fist lowered.

"What?" Kikyou pulled her knees to her chin and began trembling.

"She told me to stay away from you, and when I told her that I wouldn't because I loved you, she attacked me. I tried to fight back, but she was like a beast!" Inuyasha reached out to touch the bruise forming under Kikyou's eye. Tears were falling from her face and onto her lips as she grabbed Inuyasha's shirt and hugged him.

'I can't believe Kagome would do something like this.' Inuyasha thought as he hugged Kikyou. 'I didn't think she would go this far.'

"Are you sure it was Kag?" Inuyasha asked. "Maybe you didn't see the person's face clearly."

"Inuyasha! Are you doubting me? It was Kagome. She attacked me!!" Kikyou held on tighter on Inuyasha. Inuyasha's eyes narrowed as he held onto Kikyou. Kagome had gone too far. She had taken advantage of things and now she had hurt Kikyou.

"That bitch is going to pay." Inuyasha whispered as he pulled Kikyou into a kiss.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~**~*~*~*~*~

Kagome bit her lip and tried digging through her backpack while walking down the street for a sweater. Her aunt would ask questions if she saw her bleeding arms. She would probably even ask about the swollen red cheek. Kagome turned to the driveway of her house to see a black shiny car in it. Kagome stared at it and then hurried inside.

"I don't remember Aunty saying anything about visitors," Kagome said to her self as she walked through her door.

"Aunty, I'm home!" Kagome called out, dropping her backpack on the ground and running to the living room. She froze when she saw three men dressed in black suits, sitting on the couch. Everyone turned to look at her, in her softball uniform and cap. Kagome felt a bit embarrassed dressed so weird, and being a dirty.

"Kagome, you're home!" her aunt said, walking into the room with a tray filled with drinks and cookies.

"Hi." Kagome said, and then turned her attention back to the three men.

"Kagome, these men work for your father in Tokyo," her aunt said, taking a seat on the other sofa. Kagome stood still staring at them. Why would her father send people here?

"Hello," Kagome said. The three men stood up and smiled.

"We were sent here on behalf of your father, since he had worked to do."

"For what reason?" Kagome asked kindly, even though she was anxious to know why.

"Your father wants you to leave Kyoto and live in Tokyo with him," one of the men spoke up. Kagome's eyes widened.

"When?"

"Tonight. The plane leaves in an hour, so bring what you need. The rest can be bought in Tokyo." Kagome shook her head.

"W..w.w..wait! Has anyone asked me if I wanted to go?" she asked. Her aunt walked over to her and put a hand on her shoulder.

"Kagome, it's your father's orders for you to leave. I can't fight them. He's my brother in law and you're his daughter." Kagome shook her head.

"Couldn't they at least let me know a week earlier in time? You can't just show up at my door and drag me to Tokyo. I don't want to live with my dad!"

"Kagome!" her aunt yelled, raising her voice. "You will listen to your father. When you get there, we will discuss you living there or staying here." Kagome felt tears coming to her eyes.

".and I have no say in this whatsoever?" she asked. Her aunt shook her head.

"Miss. Higurashi, you should hurry up and get your things. We don't have long," another of the three men spoke. Kagome shot them a cold look. Kagome looked at her aunt and hugged her.

"I'm coming back..I promise. I just have to get things straight with dad. It a trip to Tokyo and back." Her aunt nodded as tears also came to her eyes.

"Mam."

"Shut up! I get the point. Who cares if we miss the stupid airplane!" Kagome shouted as she pulled away from her aunt and ran up her stairs. Everything had happened so fast. Her father would do everything to get her to stay with him if he wanted. But why in the world did he suddenly want Kagome to go live with him? Kagome grabbed her bag and started throwing clothes, and junk in it. Then when it came to the pictures she froze. She picked up the most recent picture of her and Inuyasha sitting on a tree. Kagome was smiling and Inuyasha looked pissed off. Kagome's head shot up, she didn't even get a chance to say goodbye to her friends.

Kagome zipped her bag up and ran down the stairs. Her aunt was cleaning up the food as she walked over to her.

"We have to go." Kagome looked at the men and nodded.

"I have to go say goodbye to Inuyasha first," she said, looking at her aunt. Her aunt nodded and smiled.

"It's going to be okay Kagome. It's just for a little while, I promise too." her aunt kissed her on the forehead as Kagome was dragged outside. It was raining hard, the sky was almost black as it poured. A limo was no waiting at the end of the driveway.

"Miss, you will be driven in the limo. We will follow in the black car," they said. Kagome rolled her eyes. This was one reason why she hated living with her dad.

"I have to go say goodbye to a friend," Kagome said. They looked at her and shook their heads.

"No miss, no can do. The plane will leave in thirty minutes if we don't make it on time."

"Look, I'm making the calls here. If I don't' say goodbye to Inuyasha, than I'm not going with you guys. Is that clear?" Kagome said sternly. They looked at each other and nodded. Kagome hurried into the limo and waited for the chauffeur to close the door.

Riding in the car didn't take long to reach Inuyasha's place.

"You can stop here," she said, as they stopped in front of the driveway. "I'll be out in a few minutes." Kagome walked out and started running in the rain. She felt her shirt dampen right away and her hair turning stringy. She had to say goodbye to Inuyasha. She reached the front door and banged on it. Myouga opened it and smiled, but Kagome pushed in.

"Kagome-chan." Kagome hurried up the stairs, jumping three at a time, breathing hard.

"I have too see Inuyasha!" she shouted.

"Wait! Miss.." Kagome ignored his call and hurried up the stairs. Her sneakers were soaked, everything on her was soaked. Tears rimmed Kagome's eyes as she reached Inuyasha's door. She needed him for comfort and hear his words, even though they would probably be criticizing her for crying like a girl.

"Inuyasha." Kagome called out as she opened the door.

A feeling of déjà vu passed through her as she saw Inuyasha and Kikyou making out again. Inuyasha and Kikyou both looked up at her, seeing her standing there wide eyed.

"What the hell are you doing here, bitch!" Inuyasha suddenly shouted. Kagome couldn't talk. She was mute and shocked. She looked from Inuyasha to Kikyou and then back again. Oh my god..she thought to herself.

"Get the fuck out of here, wench! I don't wanna ever see your face again, whore!" he yelled. Kagome's bottom lip started to tremble as Inuyasha yelled at her. She had never felt so much pain in her life. The world around her seemed to stop. Her heart was beating fast and she knew she was turning white. The tears were blurring her view and Kagome swallowed a few times before she spoke.

"Sorry." Kagome whispered as she backed out of the door and a tear slid down her cheek. Kagome turned on her heels and ran down the hall as fast as she could. The tears were falling uncontrollably. She ran down the stairs and slowed as she reached the bottom. She saw Sesshomaru standing by the office, watching her. Kagome didn't want him to see her crying so she turned her head the opposite way.

"Goodbye Sesshomaru." she said, loud enough for him to hear and than disappeared out the door. The rain had not lightened and it was thundering and lighting as she ran to the limo. Her heart was broken and she knew it. She stopped at the end of the driveway and turned around, looking at Inuyasha's home. Her mind was made up. She was staying in Tokyo forever. She was never going to return to Kyoto or Inuyasha. The rain fell on her face, camouflaging the tear streaks. She smiled sadly and then cocked her head to the side.

"Goodbye Inuyasha."

REVIEW!!REIVIEW!!! sry, I kinda shortened things up since I'm kinda in a rush. But I hope it will do. Thanx for the review from those who sent it.