InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Frozen ❯ Chapter Four ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

~*~ Because you all have been waiting so patiently through my writer's block, you get rewarded with a new chapter! Go you! And for those who are wondering, Sango will appear at the end of this chapter. ~*~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I sat there and waited for them to take in all I have said. Miroku sat with a serious expression on his face when he was actually being serious. Go figure. The hentai could think of something other then how to get a girl to bear his child. Wait… Anyway, Kaede I knew was thinking about all I said. Being a miko and all, she would do all she could to help Kagome. I was so sure of it.

"Inu Yasha, you actually saw the body?"

"Yes, I saw her body last night. She reached out to touch it and fazed right through it. For some reason, it didn't freak me out. Weird… What do you make of it, Kaede-baba?"

I knew she hated it when I called her that. I knew she still hated it when I saw her eyes narrow at me. "You never grow up, do you?"

"Feh." I looked at her with my arms crossed and a small smirk on my face. "It's more fun to annoy you."

Miroku decided to interrupt. "Inu Yasha, did she ever tell you who this 'he' is?" I shook my head. The monk continued to think for a few more minutes. "Well, I was told I had to leave this afternoon since my injuries are all healed."

"That and the fact none of the nurses want you in this building or they'll go on strike?" I had to find the humor in that. It was too easy. He gave me this weird look and cleared his throat.

"None the less, I can go in search of this Sango for you. With Kaede's help, you could stay here until you've helped her entirely. I would like to meet her tonight though. Such a shame."

Kaede and I sighed. Would it really be a good idea to have the hentai go find Kagome's female friend? It was a risk I had to take. I couldn't go out and find her myself. "Alright Miroku. Just don't grope her. She might not come if you do."

Miroku put on that fake hurt expression. "Why, Inu Yasha! I would never do such a thing to a woman who didn't want it."

*Sweat drop*

"You are such a hentai, it's not even funny."

"But do you have another choice?"

He had a point there. I relented and let Miroku go find Sango. I just prayed that Sango wouldn't get too offended and not help out. Kagome really wanted to see her. Wait, why did I suddenly care so much? I mean, so what if this spirit girl wanted to see some old friend of hers. Why did I feel the strong need to give her what she wanted?

"Inu Yasha?" I snapped my head up and looked at Kaede. Miroku had gone off to get dressed in his clothes and get out of here. "What is it, Kaede?"

"What time is she coming for you?"

"11:45pm. We had said midnight last time, but she came early."

"Alright. I shall be here. I'll see what I can do to prolong your stay here. There are a lot of sick people who need the bed space you know."

"I know. I'll hopefully get this all done by the end of the week. Four more days should be enough."

The old woman shook her head. "You overestimate your thinking abilities."

"What was that?!?"

"Keep that temper in check. You wouldn't want Kagome to see you like that, would you?" I suddenly started to calm down and that old hag smiled.

"Feh."

Miroku came strolling back in with his regular clothes on. Finally something other then white! The dark purple tee shirt with his black pants, the same clothes he wore when he got hit. I still can't understand how he could have survived. I'm starting to think he has to be part demon. There's just no other way to explain it. He claims it's the power of Buddha. Riiiiight….

"Okay, so where should I begin looking?"

I reached for the phone with one hand while holding the picture in the other. I dialed the number Souta wrote on the back and waited as it rang.

"Hello?"

"Hi, this is Inu Yasha. Is Souta there?"

"Hey Inu Yasha! This is Souta. What have you found out?"

I could tell the kid was very excited. Who could blame him? "Well, not much so far. I found her body though. It's in the hospital, the room next to yours. It was hidden due to some magic or something."

There was a pause on his end. "How did she look?" Now he sounded panicked.

"She was alright. A little thinner then her picture and had some wire in her to keep her alive. Kagome said it was this guy. He apparently got ticked off because she refused him, then burned the place down, beating her until she would give in. He kidnapped her from the other hospital and took her here. She has been asleep ever since."

"Why did he do this?"

"Kagome said it was because of her power. He wanted to use her for his own reasons."

"I understand."

As much as I wanted to tell him more, I had to remember why I called. "Souta, Kagome asked to see a friend of hers. Can you tell me where I can find her?"

"Who is it?"

"She said her name was Sango."

There was another pause as Souta tried to remember the address. "It's 1497 Sengoku Jidai Lane. I can call ahead and tell her you're coming by if you'd like."

"Actually a friend of mine will be coming for her. His name is Miroku." I looked over at Miroku seeing he was looking out into the hallway, probably checking out some nurse. I sighed. "You better warn her about him actually. He has what I like to call 'wandering hands.' She should know what I mean."

"Okay, I'll call her now. Thank you Inu Yasha."

"No problem kid."

"Inu Yasha?"

"Yeah?"

The boy paused again before talking. "If you save her from this guy, could you come and visit us?"

Was this kid asking if I would come by now and then… as if I was welcomed to be in their lives? That had never happened before. Usually people didn't want me around to the point where they would try to kill me. Stupid humans. If they left us alone, we would be fine. There would not be a need for some pointless treaty. Whatever. I held the phone in my hand. "Sure kid."

He seemed happy by that answer to my astonishment. Yes, I do know some big words. Big shocker, I know.

"Thank you. I'll call Sango. Ja!"

"Ja." I hung up the phone and looked over at Miroku. "1497 Sengoku Jidai Lane."

Miroku thought this over for a minute then nodded. "I know where that is. I'll bring her back as soon as I can."

As he left I called to him again. "I already told Souta to warn her about your wandering hands. Don't try anything!"

I'm not sure if he heard me or not, but he kept walking. Down the hall I heard a slap and knew he was near the elevator. That poor girl. She had no idea just exactly what to expect.

I turned to look at Kaede. "Kagome wanted to see Sango. How can we pull that off if Kagome only comes to me at night?"

Kaede sat back her chair. "I'll sneak her in through the back. It should be no problem."

I shot her a weird look. "Since when did you have no problem sneaking people in and out of places?"

"Since there was a good reason to do it." She had a point there. Kagome was worth it. I let that thought sit around in my head for awhile. Yes, from what I knew so far, she was definitely worth it.

I looked at the old woman in the room with gratitude. "I think I should get some sleep so I'm actually awake when she comes."

"I'm surprised, Inu Yasha, that you are actually thinking ahead."

"Feh!"

Kaede smiled and left, telling me she would return later that night. I closed my eyes and willed sleep to embrace me. I was soon taken over by the depths of sleep.

~That Night~

At around 9:30, I got a phone call from Miroku. He said he had found Sango and she had agreed to come to help. I relayed the message to Kaede and we told him to bring her to the back door at 11 so they had enough time. Everything was working out so far. I was sure we'd be able to help Kagome.

The clock in the room showed 11:30 now. I heard footsteps down the hall and knew right away they had to belong to Miroku and company. When they stepped into the room, I appeared to be right.

I sat up in bed and watched as a tall woman with long raven hair tied back walked in. "You must be Sango."

She nodded and reached out to shake my hand. "You're Inu Yasha, right?" I nodded and shook her hand. She looked a bit untrustingly at me. I didn't really like it.

"What?"

"Sorry. I'm not exactly a fan of demons or hanyous."

"You wouldn't be alone in that."

Miroku stepped forward. "Sango is a demon exterminator."

Oh great. Just wonderful. The girl Kagome really wanted to see was someone who's life goal was to kill me. This was going to be one hell of a night.

Kaede soon walked into the room and smiled. "Well, now that we are all here, all we can do now is wait." They all nodded and sat down. I stayed where I was and waited. I hate waiting. It was not something I enjoyed doing.

For some reason I looked at the door at 11:45 to see a hand faze through it. But it was only a hand. Curious, I got up and went towards the door. "Stay here," I told the others. They listened and didn't move as I walked out the door and came face to "face" with my favorite spirit. "Kagome? Why didn't you come in?"

The girl looked very nervous tonight for some reason I didn't know of. "Inu Yasha, what are they going to say? I'm not exactly the girl I used to be, if you know what I mean."

I smiled to reassure her. "Kagome, my friends are here to help you. One is an old miko and the other a… well, I like to call him a fallen monk. And you know Sango already. There is nothing to worry about. I told them everything I know so far. They want to help. So will you come inside?"

I had surprised even myself with that little speech. I never realized I had gotten so soft. It was actually sickening, but after seeing the smile Kagome gave me, I didn't mind. I smiled back and we walked into the room. The three in there stood up with wide eyes, Miroku with his mouth open. I sent a glare in his direction that clearly said "hands off".

Kagome looked at her friend. "Sango."

The said girl looked at her old friend in shock. "Ka-Kagome? Is that really you?"

She smiled. "Oh Sango. I've missed you."

I looked at Sango to see she was still so very shocked. "Kagome, you have no idea how long I waited for you. Do you know how long it's been?" With a shake of her head, Sango gave the spirit girl the answer. "It's been four years, Kagome."

The look on Kagome's face practically broke my heart. She looked so terribly sad and angry at the same time. My instincts told me to comfort her, but my mind scolded telling me I'd only faze through her.

I moved to sit down, motioning for Kagome to do the same. Everyone took their seats and looked at Kagome. They all knew what I knew, so now it was time to fill in the blanks.

Miroku was the first one to speak. "I have but one question. Will you bear my child?"

*All Sweatdrop*

Both Sango and I smacked him very hard as Kagome looked at him with disbelief in her eyes. "Is he that desperate that he has to ask the spirit of a girl to bear his child?"

"Apparently so. Sorry, Kagome. He's a hentai through and through."

"And a monk? I'm afraid. You have some interesting friends."

Kaede cleared her throat. "Kagome, who did this to you?"

Her eyes narrowed as anger grew wildly in them. "He did this to steal my power. He destroyed everything and then took me from the people I love."

I looked at her with an equal amount of hatred in my eyes. I wanted to kill whoever did these horrible things to her. "Who was it? What's his name?"

Sighing, she looked away. "Naraku."

Naraku? That name sounded familiar. Sango took in a sharp breath when that name surfaced. "Kagome, are you sure?"

"Yes. I could never forget that."

Sango had the saddest expression on her face. "I'm so sorry Kagome. I'll do anything to help you. We've been after him a long time now."

"So Naraku is a demon."

"Correction. He's a hanyou."

My ears perked up and I looked at her with disbelief. "A hanyou??"

She nodded and a very serious look took over. "He is someone who is trying to take over Japan and soon the world. I believe he wants to use Kagome's power to transform into a full youkai. He became fascinated with her when she purified the Shikon no Tama a few years back. It is under great protection now, but he craved it. He figured if she was that powerful then she would be able to assist him. She refused him, but that only made him crave her more. He was obsessed with her, doing horrible things like stealing and killing. He would show up at the shrine the day after with a piece of what he stole or killed, leaving a note that said it was all for her. He must have finally found a way to control Kagome."

Sango waited for all this information to sink in. So this guy not only wanted her power, he wanted her. That sick bastard. I knew about the Shikon no Tama, but it just didn't interest me.

Kagome had looked away during Sango's explanation, almost ashamed. I again wanted to hold her, but resisted the urge. I stood up and walked toward the door. "I assume you all want to see where her body is." They got the message and stood, following Kagome and I through the halls.

I whispered to Kagome, "Are you okay?"

"I'm okay. It's just hard hearing about it again. I can't believe it's been four years."

"How old are you now then?"

"Twenty-three. I was supposed to enter college a week after the attack."

For some reason, I was curious. "What was your major?"

She smiled at me. "History. I wanted to discover why humans and demons hated each other… except for a select few."

I smiled. She wanted to learn more about us then to actually just hate us. I was glad I was helping someone who genuinely cared.

We soon reached the hall where the wall was blocking her room. Kaede opened her mouth in awe that the wall was no longer there. "I'm chief of staff and a miko. How did I not know of this?"

"Naraku is very powerful," was all Kagome said as she walked into her room. It was the same sight as the night before for me, but to the others, they were purely shocked. There was this beautiful woman's body, asleep for what seemed like forever.

"Oh Kagome." Sango was close to tears at the sight.

Suddenly, a cold chill went up and down my spine and Kagome's head jerked up. "You have to leave. Now. He's coming."

I turned to run and saw no one was coming. "You heard her! Let's go!" That got their attention. We all ran out of there, but I turned back to look at Kagome. "I'll be back. I promise."

She nodded. "I'll wait, Inu Yasha. But, please… I don't want to see you get hurt."

I nodded at her and smiled before I raced back to my room. I closed the door behind me and sat on the bed, seeing the others try and catch their breath.

Kaede was the first one to speak. "I will go through my old miko spell book and such to see if I can find anything. I know she's under some spell, but which one I am not certain."

Sango nodded. "I'll see if I can find more information at the station about Naraku. There is a demon division that I'm the head of."

"I thought you were a demon exterminator."

"Technically I am. I'm also a police officer."

Miroku looked around. "What do you want me to do, Inu Yasha?"

I thought about this. "Maybe you should also help Kaede with her search. She can't look all the time. This is a hospital."

They all nodded and we agreed to meet up again when we found anything. Sango gave me her number after I promised never to send Miroku after her again. Kaede left as well as Miroku. It was just me and Sango.

"How did you meet her?"

"School. She was my best friend."

I nodded, pretending I understood. I didn't have many friends, other then Miroku. When I was younger, there was this kid that hung around. He was fox demon, a kitsune. I forget his name, but he was the only other person who would hang around. I never knew what happened to him.

Sango got up and was prepared to leave when she stopped. "Tell me something, Inu Yasha. Why are you helping her?"

I actually didn't really know how to answer her. It was something I had been asking myself since I agreed to this. "It's because of the sadness in her eyes. I've felt that sadness all my life. I don't want to see that again."

She seemed satisfied with that answer and left, muttering her goodbyes. I curled up in bed and tried to sleep. Something weird happened though.

When I closed my eyes, I saw Kagome's lifeless body. Her spirit fazed through it again, but then disappeared inside her. A tall man with long dark hair tied back stepped up to the body and looked it over. "Well, miko, are you ready to fully give in? I can't do everything. You actually have to be awake to finish it." He looked at her face closely and pulled back with disgust. "Who have you found? Who are you getting to help you? It won't work. Nothing can save you now. Nothing." He laughed a most evil laugh then left, but not before slapping her defenseless body across the face. "I'll be back. The next time I will catch him. You can count on it." With that, he disappeared. I then saw her body as a tear slid out from beneath her eyes. I reached out to wipe it away and to my shock, it did. How was I able to do that in my sleep?

This thing with Kagome was getting weirder and weirder by the minute. We had to find the answers to save her fast, or else I feared it would be too late.

~*~Well, what do you think? I'm sorry to say there will probably be an even longer wait next time. I'm in college now and am rather busy. I'm really sorry, but I will try to update when I can. Please review and no things flying at my head please. I do have another chapter written and I'll post it tomorrow. Ja ne!~*~