InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Gallys gem/Narokus mistake ❯ Chapter 1 ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Gally slowly opened the back door of her house. She looked around to make sure the coast was clear and she zipped away down the street. Ever sense the day she had gotten into her new neighborhood she had been sneaking out more and more each and every week. She loved going into the woods down the street and staying there for hours upon hours, even though Molin had a heart attack when he came back home to find her missing from her room and nowhere to be seen. It always made her laugh to see him mad even though he could probably kill her if she went too far.
Gally made a quick look around again and went into the woods. The trees loomed over her as she went, the scent of pine filled her nose as she passed by them. She loved that smell. It brought many memories back to her. She smiled as one came in mind and then quickly pushed it aside. Today was not for memories, it was for exploring. She had not yet explored the east part of these woods and she really wanted to do so. Why she did not know. It was as if something was calling to her
She walked to a clearing that was just outside the east part of the woods. No animals were about, not even insects. That spooked her a bit. Why wouldn’t there be any animals or insects in this part of the woods? Were they afraid of something? If they were, what was it and should she be afraid of it as well?
To her right she herd a whooshing noise. She had heard that sound before but she could not place her finger on it. She started walking towards the noise, not letting her guard drop for a second. The sound was getting louder and it was almost on top of her. Or was she on top of it? She did not think so, she could see nothing but trees, rock, and grass. She let her guard drop for a moment and gazed around.
Just as she thought it was safe to turn back, the whooshing became even louder and the wind began to pick up. In a matter of seconds she was sent whirling into the air and being hurled into a spinning black vortex. She tried to scream but the only thing that came out of her mouth was a tiny squeak. The vortex swallowed her like a gaping mouth.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
When Gally woke up she found herself lying face first on the ground. Her head ached terribly and she had swallowed a huge mouth full of dirt. Other then that she seemed to be fine. No broken bones or cuts. It surprised her even though there wasn’t really a reason to be surprised. She had after all fallen from a tree when she was only five and had only suffered from a minor cut on her left knee.
She sat up and gazed around at her surroundings. It wasn’t right. She was sitting in a grass field and old fashion Japanese houses stood just out of sight. She could see smoke in the sky, it whirled around and formed angry looking black clouds. Something in her mind told her that those clouds weren’t coming from camp fires. The smoke was far too thick and she could smell the stench of many dead men.
“I don’t like this.” She said as she walk toward a stream that ran just a few steps away.
She looked herself over using her reflection in the stream. Yep, same purple hair, purple eyes, and purple gem. Her gem was covered with dirt but it was fine. She adjusted it on her forehead and began to comb her hair with her fingers in hopes of getting out the grass and the sticks. It seemed to be working so she kept it up until they were all out.
After her hair was fixed she decided to go to where she saw the smoke. Maybe there were people there who could tell her where she was and how to get back home. Molin was going to be very angry with her already and she didn’t want to stay gone too long to make his temper get any worse.
With one more quick glance around Gally was on her way toward where the smoke was coming from. Something in her gut told her that she probably should just turn around and go the other way but she ignored it. If someone there wanted to cause her any harm then she fight them. She may appear weak but she was far from it. Molin had taught her well. Not to mention she had also taught herself a bit. He mainly taught her how to use a sword and to improve her defense.
She came to a small Japanese village and stopped at its entrance. She studied the buildings. Most were burnt to the ground and dead bodies laid every where. She plugged her nose. The stench was unbearable. She felt sick just thinking about all of this… Then suddenly a thought struck her. The thing that did this wouldn’t be to far off. These bodies were still fresh. She quickly ducked into some bushed and scanned the area with her mind. She sensed nothing in the village but that didn’t mean that the thing wasn’t in it. After all she was only sixteen, this thing was probably far older then her so it could easily hide its presents.
Just as she thought it was safe to come out she heard people coming. There were five of them and a small cat thing. Two men, a boy, and two girls. Who where these people? Maybe they were here to investigate the smoke… She watched them carefully as the look around at the still burning village. One of them began to dig graves for the bodies and place some in. Gally still remained hidden.
Finally they moved off to a building that was still standing, Gally took this time to move from her hiding stop and find a better one closer to the strange group. She quickly ran to a tree not too far away from the building and climbed up to a branch near the top. She gazed down and watch one of the men, a monk, come walking out of the building. Apparently he was on guard duty. She growled softly. She would be up in this tree for the rest of the day and most likely the night as well. She watched as the monk walked over to a spot under her tree and began to make a small fire. She held perfectly still. She did not wont to give her hiding spot away. For all she knew these very people were the ones who did this but she put that thought from her mind. After all, they had buried the dead bodies.
Three hours later the monk was still awake but she was beginning to fall to sleep. She hadn’t really had a good nights sleep the night before. She leaned her head against the tree trunk and shut her eyes for what appeared to her tired brain to be only a few seconds when what it really was, was a few minuets. She opened her eyes and looked down to find the monk staring at her. She let out a loud “eeep” and sprang from the tree and bolted into the forest beyond but the monk was quick to follow. Before Gally knew it he was in front of her. She tried to dodge him but he refused to let her pass.
“Who are you?” The monk demanded. “Where you the one who attacked that village?”
Gally could not respond. She was far too afraid. Yeah, she may be strong, but in the words of Molin she was a big fat chicken. All she could do was shake her head and hope he wouldn’t attack her.
The look on the monks face made her turn around. There, right in front of her, were the monks companions. She gulped when she saw the sword the other man held. He walked over and began to talk with the monk while the two girls studied her. Soon the one holding the sword walked up to her.
“Who the heck are you?” He demanded as well.
“I-I am Gally.” She managed to choke out. “I-I swear… I had nothing to do with the village. It was like that when I got there…”
“Puh, why should we believe you?” He snapped.
“Inuyasha,” Said one of the girls. She was nicest looking of the two. “Let her tell her story. She doesn’t appear like a girl who would do this kind of thing.”
Gall nodded at her. “I swear on my very life… I didn’t do that. You see, this is going to sound weird but… Erm… I was sucked up by this weird vortex thing and spit out into this place. I don’t have a clue where I am. When I saw the smoke I followed it hoping I would find someone to help me…”
The group studied her, the monk appeared to be looking at her butt. The one called Inuyasha just kept looking at her as if she was some kind of escaped criminal. The other girl was saying something like she had her stranger stories and they should believe her because she appeared human enough. The girl that had spoken up for her said something about not sensing and Scared Jewel Shards but then the monk pointed at the gem on her forehead.
“What is that?” Asked the nice girl from before.
“What? This?” Said Gally putting her hand to her gem. “This is just my gem. I have had it as long as I can remember. Its nothing really… I just like wearing it.” She hastened for a moment and then took the gem off her forehead and handed it to the girl.
The group studied her gem and the Inuyasha guy looked it over about three times and then handed it back to her. Gally gladly put it back onto her forehead.
“Well I guess you are normal enough.” He said crossing his arms.
Gally smiled and then said. “Thanks.”