InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Glimpse of the Future ❯ Chapter 5

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Yet again, not mine! Lol… I know, I said I'm not gonna repeat it, but oh well! Figured better safe than sorry! Here's the next chapter!

~~~

Ch 5 Kai's match

Sesshoumaru grinned as he heard the reluctant admission, and watched as the one called Juro stepped out into the open, his golden eyes actually darkened slightly, as though he was nervous. Sesshoumaru felt Juro begin to gather up his energy, and was mildly impressed at this one's strength. He turned to look at the demon's opponent, only to be surprised at the sight of a female dog demon stepping forward.

His eyes widened as he looked at her, her white hair reflecting the moonlight, turning it a pale silver as it flowed down her back and past her hips. He watched as she turned around to face her opponent, and felt his breath stop in his chest. She had the same brilliant blue eyes as the young black-haired Kaedo, but hers seemed to glow slightly, her tail draped over her shoulder like he, Sesshoumaru, tended to carry his. He noticed her white dog-ears as they twitched slightly, taking in every sound around her as she smiled. His breath was forced out and he had to look away, and decided to see if she also had stripes, only to be struck dumb yet again. For while she did have stripes, she bore three rather than two, on both cheeks and arms, which were visible to the naked eye, and as blue as her eyes.

He watched as she and the golden-eyed male bowed to each other. He felt slightly jealous, but reasoned that if this Juro was related to Kaedo of the blue eyes, and Kaedo was surely related to this blue-eyed demoness, it was only logical that she was related to Juro. He watched her closely, noting to himself that this youkai apparently went for comfort over style, as she wore men's pants (also blue, but darker), which looked coarse but tightly woven, and a top that hugged her form without clinging to her. He felt an eyebrow rise in interest, and leaned forward yet again in order to watch this fight.

Kai smiled at her brother from across the field. They hadn't sparred in a while, since their last match had resulted in her accidentally using too much force and knocking him unconscious for three days. She grinned at his nervous expression and shaky bow, and made up her mind. While it was true she could keep demons from sensing her easily, she could also sometimes block some of her own strength. She sighed.

"Okay, Juro, I'll only use half, okay?? I'll try my best not to lose control again, I promise." She watched Juro nod, and relaxed the restraint she held on her strength and power, allowing it to course through her body while telling herself "only half… only half…"

Sesshoumaru was nearly knocked off of his perch when the sensation of youkai energy began to emanate from the female, whom he now realized was Kai. I thought she told him she was only going to use half. He had thought that meant half her strength, at least, that's what it sounded like.

He heard sounds of surprise and awe coming from the group below him, and listened as Inuyasha's wench voiced his own question.

"I thought she said half. That's more power than I've felt in a while!" Sesshoumaru silently agreed. She felt as powerful as, if not slightly more than, he himself. But was that possible? While he began to ponder this, another voice broke into his thoughts.

"But that IS half!" Sesshoumaru's eyes widened as he stared at this demoness in a new light.

Kagome looked into a pair of golden eyes in shock, and she could tell Inuyasha was doing the same behind her.

"You're joking, right, Taisho? This is one of your pranks, right?" Kagome waited anxiously for his answer, only to have it supplied by Kaedo, who grinned.

"Now you know why we always call her Kai the Powerful!"

Sesshoumaru felt his breathing stop as he watched the combatants below him, moving with such liquid grace and speed, but also attacking with such strength. Kai the Powerful, hm? He would definitely have to look into this himself.

Faster than he believed the human eye could see, the two demons fought, each one determined to win. In the end, though, Kai won, having lost only one match when a yelp from the audience had distracted her. He was impressed. Very impressed. He couldn't wait until he was able to challenge her himself. But who was she, really? And where did she come from? She must be the daughter of a Taiyoukai, but he knew of none with 2 black-haired sons as well.

Kagome clapped happily at the end of the match, surprised at the ability of the girl demon. She had to agree with Kaedo, yes, she did know now why they called her Kai the Powerful. She had used half her power, and still fought so well in hand-to-hand combat. Her only distraction had been when Souta had accidentally stepped on Taisho's tail, which resulted in him curling it around himself for future protection.

After the sparring session, they had agreed that they needed to bathe now, and each took turns in the shower, which Kagome was grateful that, unlike Inuyasha, they knew how to operate it.

She and Inuyasha had asked repetitively for information concerning their friends or the results of the Shikon shard quest, but the siblings merely shook their heads, saying that it was forbidden to tell them anything. She felt herself yawn before she could stop it, and glanced over at Souta, who was already asleep, and… OH NO! He was using Kai's tail as a pillow!! She looked up at Kai, horror and fear written all over her features, only to see Kai's smiling face as she slowly began to move her tail, actually wrapping the small boy in it.

"Where's his room? I'll put him to bed, otherwise he might wake up when you try to pry him from my tail." Kagome nodded and stood, motioning for Kai to follow her, leaving Inuyasha alone with the two younger boys. Kai had already showered and dried off, so her tail was at it's softest when she tried to pull Souta away from the fluffy appendage and into bed. Having succeeded that, Kagome was now tempted to feel the tail herself, since that mere brush against it had only hinted at its softness. Kai seemed to notice her hesitation and glances at the tail, and Kagome was presented with a fluffy white tail to bury her hands in.

~~~

Well, There ya go! Hope ya like it!! And, as always, keep reviewing!!