InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Glimpse of the Future ❯ Chapter 9

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

I still don't own `em!

~~~

Ch 9 Fluffy gets caught

Kaedo couldn't believe it. He was just drying off the skillet, only to look up and see a man looking in at them, who looked exactly like Taisho. The man noticed him finally, and his eyes grew wide. Kaedo smiled at him, and motioned for him to come inside. The man seemed to actually take a step back, so Kaedo pouted, and put his hands together in a pleading form. The man's eyes actually widened more, but Kaedo smiled and nodded, motioning for him to come in. He didn't realize that Kai had noticed his actions, and had just come up behind him, until he saw her hand in front of his face, motioning the stranger in.

Kai was in shock. He looked just like him. But it couldn't be him. Could it? The Great Demon of the West Lands wouldn't be here… would he?

Inuyasha and Kagome stopped by Souta's room to make sure he was awake, and was greeted with a smile and a good morning before they headed downstairs to see exactly WHAT those four demons had done.

Juro smiled as he heard the trio coming down the stairs and motioned for Taisho to get ready with the camera for their "Morning faces". He may be Juro the Scholar, but he could still get a few laughs here and there.

Taisho grinned and raised the Polaroid to his face, lining up the shot. He heard Kai walk behind him, whispering "Someone's outside, be right back". He merely nodded and waited for the door to open… and waited… and waited…

Inuyasha yelped as the flash went off, capturing Kagome, his, and Souta's sleepy selves as they made their way into the kitchen. Inuyasha was so busy trying to get his eyes back to normal, he didn't notice the missing demoness until she was already back. And with a surprise in tow.

Sesshoumaru was nervous. He, the Lord of the Western Lands. Nervous. And why? Because the youngest sibling had caught him spying. That had been one thing. He had been surprised when the boy actually tried to coerce him into coming inside, but even more so when he saw the boy's sister walk up behind him and copy his motions. He had seen her eyes flick up to his forehead. He knew she knew who he was. The moment her face was gone from the window, he turned and began to head back towards the tree he had slept in. But he found his path blocked by none other than the demoness herself.

Kai looked him up and down. It WAS him! It was Sesshoumaru! She wondered if Inuyasha and Kagome would be able to get along with him for one meal. Then she changed thoughts, wondering if HE could get along with Kagome and Inuyasha for one meal! She decided to try and convince him to eat with them. She knew either she could give up her meal, or that the two younger boys would give half their food to him once they realized who he was. She smiled and did the last thing he expected. She bowed.

Juro smiled as he placed the strips of bacon on the table, which his sister had just walked by seconds ago, that determined look on her face. He looked over at Kaedo, who was looking out the window and smiling, and understood. They were probably going to end up with another guest. He shrugged. Oh well. He reached over and plucked the developing picture from Taisho's hands, smiling at Inuyasha's surprised face as it came into view. And there was Kagome, smiling sleepily at them in her cotton nightgown, and holding onto Souta's hand, who seemed to be sleepwalking more than anything else.

Kagome looked around the kitchen, noticing everything they'd done to make breakfast for them, and smiling at each one in turn, only to notice that Kai was missing. I wonder where she went to, she thought. Souta's hand tugged on hers, and she looked down to see her half-awake little brother pointing at Inuyasha and grinning. She looked over at her half-demon, only to find him still rubbing his eyes and muttering a stream of curses at the demon with the camera, and what he was gonna do to him… once he could see again.

Kaedo watched as Kai bowed to the tall man. Hey, that guy has a tail, too!! Like ours!! He thought. He watched as the man shook his head and took a step back, which is one of the worst things to do in Kai's presence. Kai smiled her sweetest smile, and gave him the most pleading look. A trick that never failed. He watched as the man's shoulders slumped in defeat, and when Kai smiled and clapped, his back straightened. He's a proud man, Kaedo noted. I wonder who he is, and why he looks like Taisho. But wait… did he have a crescent moon on his forehead?? Kaedo felt his eyes widen. No wonder Kai went to invite him to breakfast!! It was Lord Sesshoumaru!

Inuyasha blinked a few more times, the room finally coming back into focus, and color and light dimming to a normal view. He glared at the silver-haired demon who held the camera, and then switched to the black-haired one who held the photo. Golden eyes met golden eyes, and then every demon's (or half-demon's) ears twitched as they heard Kai come back. When Inuyasha saw who she was tugging along with her, he snarled. "Sesshoumaru!"

~~~

Okay, a slow morning, I know, but COME ON! Who wouldn't wanna wake up like that?!?! Sorry, had to get that out of my system. Well, feel free to review!!