InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Glimpse of the Future ❯ Chapter 11

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Well, this is the last chapter before the epilogue, and like I already said, I have a sequel coming!! Also, I'd like to re-state that they are NOT MINE!! I know… shocked me too….

~~~~

Ch 11 Goodbyes

Taisho sighed and leaned back against the wall. They were all clean and dressed, and the demon siblings had each run through the house, making sure everything looked nice. He grinned as he remembered Kagome's shocked face as she stood inside the locked arms of Inuyasha, who looked as shocked as his girlfriend.

And now it was time to go, Juro was insisting. He was right, but Taisho still didn't want to go… Souta begged them to stay, insisting he could miss his club meeting, but Taisho had seen Kai sadly shake her head. She didn't want to leave any more than they did. He sighed and looked down at his camera. Then he began to grin. What if…

They all stood outside, even Sesshoumaru, who stood a bit apart with his arms crossed over his chest. Kagome wondered where he had gotten his new left arm, or if it had really grown back, but decided to keep from asking. They were at a fragile peace, and she didn't want to put it in jeopardy.

She had been nervous about the demons' departure, afraid of what Sesshoumaru would do, but she learned (from a very talkative Kaedo) that Kai's deal had included the fact that, after they left, Sesshoumaru would go back to his time, and fight Inuyasha another day. Now she glanced at Inuyasha, who still held her close, almost protectively from Sesshoumaru.

The four demon siblings stood in a line in front of them, each of them smiling. Kagome felt an eyebrow rise in interest, but didn't say anything. She was glad that Taisho had finally used up all his film, but thought that the pictures had been worth it. She looked down at the photos in her hand.

Kai, Inuyasha, Taisho, and Sesshoumaru looked at her from one; Inuyasha and Sesshoumaru, glaring at each other, in another; Kagome, Juro, Kaedo, and Souta in yet another. She smiled as she looked at the one of the brothers and sister together, and blushed at the one of her and Inuyasha when Kaedo had caught them kissing.

Then she looked at her favorite. Souta had volunteered to take it, and they had gotten 3 copies of the same photo, one for her, one for Kai and the others, and one for Sesshoumaru, oddly enough. It was all of them, except Souta. Sesshoumaru stood at the far left, Kai next to him, Juro next to Kai, and Inuyasha next to Juro. In front of Inuyasha, of course, was Kagome, with Kaedo to her left, and Taisho next to him, standing in front of and between Kai and Sesshoumaru. They were all smiling. Kai had begged Sesshoumaru to smile, which resulted in slightly upturned corners of his mouth. She had been surprised, but that was starting to become a usual feeling around those four.

Inuyasha couldn't relax. It was too weird. Sesshoumaru, agreeing not to attack him?? Actually allowing pictures to be taken of him, and even accepting one? This weekend could now be labeled as "odd". He was startled out of his thoughts when Kaedo stepped forward, and bowed to them.

"Thank you," Kaedo started, "For allowing us to stay the night, and for letting us spar in your front yard." He stepped forward and hugged Kagome, which almost made Inuyasha start growling until Kaedo actually hugged HIM! After a quick hug for Souta, Kaedo went to bow to Sesshoumaru and shake his hand (after teaching him the significance, of course), while Taisho stepped forward to repeat the process.

Kagome hugged each one as they walked by her, thanking them for the breakfast and the show the previous night. When it was Kai's turn, she watched as the most powerful demon she had ever seen bow to her, then step forward, hold Kagome's face in her hands, and kiss her forehead before hugging her. She proceeded to kiss and hug Inuyasha and Souta, but when she came to Sesshoumaru, she merely smiled and bowed low to him, offering him many thanks as to his agreement, and for honoring them with his presence. Kagome was even more shocked when Sesshoumaru actually nodded his head towards her in respect.

She was drawn away from the demon lord when Juro stepped forward, holding a book in his arms. It looked much older than anything her grandfather possessed, but was actually sealed shut, with paper seals covering the book's openings.

"This is for your family." Juro smiled at her, then gave her a stern look, like a father about to give instructions. "Give it to your grandfather, and tell him that one day, the seals will come off themselves. And when they do, the book is theirs to read. And all of your questions will be answered." He grinned again, and kissed her cheek lightly before walking back to the car, Kaedo and Taisho racing to see who was faster.

Now Kai stood before them all alone. She sighed. "Well, I suppose this is goodbye, for now." She grinned. "But I promise you'll all see us again. You can't get rid of us that easily!" She laughed and bowed again. Then she dug into the back pocket of her jeans, and pulled out what appeared to be 2 small business cards. She handed one to Kagome, and one to Sesshoumaru.

"I know you don't understand any of that, Lord Sesshoumaru, but if you stay alive until this time, you'll understand it then. And Kagome, I'm certain you understand it." She smiled at them, and Kagome looked down to see Kai's name, followed by a phone number and even an e-mail address. But no street address.

She looked up in time to see Kai walking back to her car, her white hair flowing free as her dog-ears twitched on top of her head. Kagome grinned, but started to laugh when Kai looked back at them and yelled, "Also, Souta, don't try playing with Sesshoumaru's tail! I don't think he's as nice about it as I am!"

Souta stood there, blushing, as Kai waved goodbye and slid into her car, buckling herself in and starting it before waving with her brothers. Kagome felt saddened, actually, as she watched the small family pull away from the curb and join the flow of traffic. She went to turn around, only to see Sesshoumaru walking towards the well-house. She smiled and nodded, then called out to him, causing him to pause for a second.

"Thank you for coming, Sesshoumaru!" He barely seemed to nod before continuing his walk to the well, and Kagome watched as he leapt gracefully into the past.

~~~~

Well, I warned you this would probably be short. And guess what!!! Next one you find out about WHY they're full demons!!!! YAY!! (I know why, I know why!!!! *gets hit in the head with a book again* Okay! Who threw that?!)