InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Got Any Spare Change? ❯ Maybe It's Just Better to Car-Pool ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]


Sometimes It's Just Better To Car-pool

As Naraku got dressed the next morning, he wondered about who was he going to bring to the company picnic. Go figure Sesshomaru would announce something like this almost a day late. "Let's see, there's Kagura," he said to himself. "No, She might find Sesshomaru attractive and try to run off with him. In which case I'll just squeeze her heart until she comes crawling back to me. But no, I don't think Kagura's the one. Kanna? She is the silent one. All I'd have to do was bring her. She'd follow me around like an obedient dog and I'd have not trouble with her. Perfect!"

With his mind made up, he decended the stairs with confidence. But it seemed that someone up above didn't want him to have a good day (as though any day was a good day after he'd lost his business!) and trouble started almost immediatly. "Naraku, I ain't doing it," Kagura said from the couch, a cigarette between her fingers. She hardly ever smoked; this must be serious. "You ain't doing what?" Naraku asked. "Them," Kagura said, pointing to Hakudoshi, who was absorbed with the game he was playing on the PS 3 (one of the last things Naraku was able to buy before everything hit the fan), and to Kanna, who was drilling silent holes in Kagura, staring at her with that impassive look that surpassed even Sesshomaru's.

"They're freakin' me out, man! Hakudoshi tunes out everything but the sound of that damn gun on the game blowing everyone's head off, and Kanna just keeps staring and staring, like she has some kind of problem. Quit fuckin' staring at me!" Kagura screamed at her. The girl didn't even blink. "I ain't doing it," Kagura said again, taking a long drag. "I ain't staying here with them, oh no, baby. I don't do the babysitting thing. You mentioned something about today being some kind of family day. Well, I'm coming with you." Naraku's eyes widened. "Well, you see, Kagura--" Just then, Kanna blinked and Hakudoshi paused the game to turn around and look at them.

"We're going with you," Kanna said in her whispery voice. "Yeah, whether you like it or not," Hakudoshi added. "Which I don't," Naraku snapped. Hakudoshi got up and made like he was about to foot him in his boys again, effectively making Naraku flinch. "Bitch," the boy muttered to himself. "Besides, I'm tired of sitting here. This game's getting boring. I want to see what exactly you do that's supposed to earn an income large enough to bring back what we had. And my ass is killing me from sitting on this pleather. Who the fuck owns pleather?" Hakudoshi gestured to the couches. "What the fuck is pleather?" "Plastic leather," Kanna supplied. "See? That's what I'm talking about. Plastic and leather. You had all that money,but you couldn't afford decent furniture? Oh, but you can go out and buy a Play Station 3."

Naraku gritted his teeth. "That just shows how much I love you guys, putting your wants before my needs." "Bullshit!" Kanna countered. "You don't give a damn about anyone else but you! You wanted to save your money to open up a chain of sleazy motels in Las Vagas. That PS3 was stolen from Toy's R Us!" Everyone stared at her. Just as sudden as she had exploded, her face changed back to its normal state and she resumed staring at Kagura.

"So, we're going with you and that's final," Kagura said, putting her cigarette out in an ash tray and getting up. Naraku stared at her incredulously. "Ya'll ain't going looking like that, are you? Wearing the same thing you wear on the show, day in and day out?" Kagura stared back at him. "Why not? You do." Naraku just sighed and held open the door for them.

Despite his company, he didn't try to take a cab, bus or the subway. "How come we're walking?" Kagura asked. "Because, the last time I took public transportation, I was robbed and nearly raped." Hakudoshi immediatly burst out laughing. "Ha! You was almost somebody's bitch! I can imagine that, some guy like eight feet tall forcing you to cook dinner for him and rub oil on his back!" The boy stopped walking and whistled. A moment later, a giant horse came down from the sky to land beside him. He and Kanna hopped on. "We're taking Entei, you he-she. Just because you have to walk in fear of becoming a man-whore dosen't mean we have to." And with that, they took off.

Kagura took one more look at him before she whipped out one of her feathers and flew off too. "Traitors!" Naraku shouted to the wind. Then something hit him. Couldn't he fly too? It'd be in the red shield, but he'd get to work faster. A smile glinting his face, he rose steadily in the sky. He closed his eyes and let the little bit of wind that could enter the bubble cool his face. Just when it seemed that he was about to fall asleep, a loud buzzing forced him to open his eyes. A commercial plane's turbines was about to hit him.

Quickly he veered out the way, but not before glancing off a wing, flipping over it and being blown across the back windows of the plane, causing panic to erupt inside. The plane took on a dangerous nose-dive, then crashed in the city park. Naraku stopped flying for a moment, when he saw no survivors, then slowly floated away. Whoops!

Continuing on his way to work, Naraku decided to keep his eyes open this time. He saw a white cloud in the distance, but paid no attention to it until he saw that it was heading directly toward him with no signs of slowing. He tried to move out of the way of this, but he was attacked before he could. Princess Abi's fire birds. "Oh, come on now! Can't you see I have somewhere to go? If this is about me sleeping with Abi, she came on to me first!" The birds pecked relentlessly at the sheild, but fortuantly none broke through. Naraku got a little braver. "So, that's the best you got? My grandma can do better than that!"

Suddenly the birds stopped pecking, but still hovered around them. A blob of white covered Naraku's vision. Then another, and another. Naraku realized what it was. "Oh, that's just sick! Take your shit somewhere else!" But the birds contined until the entire ball was covered, blocking all of his vision. Not being able to see where he was going, he veered sharply to the left, then to the right, then plummeted down, landing in a lake and quickly sinking to the bottom.

The bird crap was washed off, but the sheild was dissapating. "Oh no! Water! The only thing that can break through my force field! And I can't swim!" The sheid completly evaportated, leaving Naraku gasping and flailing in the water, trying to come to the surface. He saw an on-looker walk by. Then another. A few people stopped to stare at him. "Don't just stand there, idiot's! Help me!" Naraku cried. Then realized that if he could actually talk, he must not have been underwater.

He had been flopping in a puddle. Not a lake, a puddle. He got up and brushed as much of the mud off of him as he could. "Um...that's all folks! Thank you, thank you, you were a wonderful crowd! I'll be here Tuesday's and Friday's. Once again, thank you Japan! I'm out!" And with that, he broke into a run and didn't stop until he reached Taisho Unlimited, late by about three hours once again.


I didn't mean for the chapter to come out as another transportation one, but it did, gomen (if I'm not mistaken, that's sorry in Japanese). Well, if you didn't mind, or even if you did, please review and tell me how you did or didn't like it!