InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Gypsy Princess ❯ Chapter Six ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A/N: I'M SO HAPPY! I GOT A REVIEW! *does the happy dance* YAY! On with the story! And because I'm so happy, I will post 2 chapters. Yay! See what I do when you make me happy and review? eh? eh?

 

 

Chapter Six

 

Sango's eyelashes fluttered open as she woke up. Groggily, she yawned and stretched, sleep-laden magenta eyes gazing around the small room. She jolted awake when she saw a sleeping Kagome in her own bed. Without a second thought, Sango dashed to the other girls' bedside.

"Kagome? Kag?" She shook her friend's shoulders. The other girl didn't budge. However, she did groan and, in her sleep, bopped Sango on the head before rolling to face the wall. Shocked, it took Sango a minute to register the fact that a sleeping girl had just hit her on the head. Revenge shone in her eyes.

"Kagome, Naraku is coming! Wake up!" she whispered frantically in Kagome's ear. She stomped on the ground to make as if someone was coming up the stairs as she moved away from her. "5…4…3…2…1…" she whispered to herself, grinning widely.

As if on cue the moment Sango said `One', Kagome jumped out of bed as her eyes flew open, in order to meet Naraku. The older girl couldn't help but giggle at the situation: sleep-deprived and wrinkled clothing-wearing Kagome stood sleepily in front of the door, waiting for her lord to enter.

Laughter shook Sango's frame as she sank to the ground, tears forming in her eyes. She fought to breathe as she rolled around on the rugs.

Kagome blinked in confusion before finally understanding that she had been tricked. When she fully understood the situation and how to handle it, she turned a glare on Sango that could peel paint. The other girl was still tossing on the floor, water leaking from her eyes streamed down her face as her peals of cackling echoed in the room. Kagome just glared very pointy daggers at her.

`If looks could kill, I'd be dead ten times over and still going by now,' Sango told herself.

"S-sorry, Kag. Couldn't help it. Too good to pass up, y'know?" Silence.

"Kag?"

"…"

"Drat it…you're gonna go and get `revenge' now, aren't you? Maybe something squishy in my bed? Surprise booby trap?"

"…You'll just have to wait and see, won't you?"

"AH! She speaks! The Dumb* Duchess speaks! Praise Kami, it's time for celebration-aack!!!" Kagome quickly and successfully tackled Sango, bringing her to the floor while tickling her mercilessly. The amount of tears she had shed before now tripled in quantity.

"STOP! I beg, please! *gasp* Please! Kagggggggggg!" Sango screamed at her in between breaths. The rest of her words could not be heard for her peals of laughter.

However, she got away after Kagome wrung her numb arms out. Racing out the door and into the hallway, Sango ran for all she was worth, knowing that if she was caught, there wouldn't be a second chance to escape. But, luck was against her, for she wound up bumping into someone not soon after escaping her friend's clutches.

"Sorry!" she called out as she toppled on top of the person. Kagome, hot on Sango's heels, did not see the two before it was too late. Déjà vu was cursing them, for Miroku the monk was the one Sango had brought down. He just smiled at the two widely.

Truth be told, Inuyasha just made the pile a dog pile. He was chasing the monk again, and just ran into the other three head on.

"Ow…"

"Sango?"

"Kagome?"

"You ok?"

"How could I not be ok with you two lovely goddesses on top of me?"

"Shut it, monk."

"Why?"

"Why not?"

"I agree, Kag, why not?"

"You're all out to get me, I swear!" (insert dramatic pose here)

"Oi, why am I stuck here with you losers when I can be doing my own stuff?"

"Oh, maybe because…hmm, I don't know, maybe…because YOU ran into us, dimwit!"

"Feh. Bitch!"

"Bastard!"

"Wench!"

"Both of you shut up already!"

"An excellent idea, Lady Sango, if I do say so myself."

"GET OFF!" Kagome yelled this and pushed upwards with her body, in order to get the hell out of there.

"Thank you, Kami!" She exclaimed as all four stood and brushed themselves off. Before she could do anything else, Sango grabbed her arm and headed toward their room.

"You need to practice your tricks, girlie, so I'm going to go and change into more comfy clothes to practice mine while you wait outside and practice yours. Ok?" Groaning, Kagome tried to dig her heals into the marble floor and muttered a few cursed words of Naraku for putting in marble instead of packed earth.

"I don't wanna! Nooooooooo!" she cried, trying to pull her hands out of Sango's grasp. She slid after the other girl toward the door that lead to outside. A question from Miroku stopped them both, however.

"Uh, what exactly are your `tricks', ladies?" he questioned.

"Well, I do aerobics and magic…tricks. Oh, and weapons."

"Just aerobics for me, and then weapons too."

"What kind of magic?" Inuyasha's question startled Kagome. `He's showing an interest in this? Wow.'

"Well, you'll just have to wait until tonight, won't you?" She grinned and winked at him.

"Wench."

"My name is not `wench' or `bitch'. It's Kagome. Please call me that."

"Feh."

Meanwhile, Miroku and Sango had quietly come to an agreement that they should play matchmaker. He would persuade the prince to go out on his balcony later that afternoon. She would tempt the girl into doing her most stunning feat, and therefore be exhausted and render unconscious soon after the display was done. She hadn't tried it in a while, and was bound to get it right sometime.

"This should work, houshi-sama."

"I must agree, Lovely Sango." His hands wandered and twitched as he spoke. Suddenly, he felt a hand connect with his cheek and make a red mark. He also caught Sango's quiet mutter of, "Pervert…"

 

~*------------------------------------------------------------- -----------------------------------------*~

 

" I have no idea why that monk is doing this. It smells fishy, and hell, I can smell it! That's the damn point!" Inuyasha raved while he paced his room. Coming from a Miroku-included conversation a few moments ago, the prince had been asked to `go out to the balcony. The view is lovely!', as the monk had put it.

He was interrupted from his thoughts by a high-pitched squeal.

"Kagomeeeee! I came to watch! I asked Hojo to watch the horses for me so I could come and cheer you on, ok?"

"Aww, thanks Shippo! Just wait right there while I help Sango, ok?"

"OK!"

Inuyasha recognized the feminine voice as Kagome's. He sniffed the wind that came in through the open doors. `And a kitsune brat,' he thought.

"HEY! I don't need any help! I'm doing fine!"

THUD.

"Ow…ok, maybe I do need some help…but just a little! Not much!" Sango's shouting added to the others'. Decision decided, Inuyasha strode out to the doors and onto the balcony. He leaned on the edge and gazed downward at the people below.

He saw Kagome immediately, and her clothes made him smirk. He knew that she was feisty and disobeying from the beginning. She had rolled up her green skirt so that the hem came to her thighs. Her blouse was unbuttoned and the ends were tied right under her breasts. The button in the middle, where it helped cover her curves, was effectively done up, as well as the one above it. Those were the only ones, however. Inuyasha could easily see that she had a find figure with just enough curves. His amber eyes shifted toward Sango.

She had on breeches. Black ones, with a black blouse done up like the other girl's. She had some kind of armor on that glistened in the sun. Not to mention a boomerang that looked very heavy was in her hands. `Why is she holding a weapon she can't even handle or use?' the hanyou wondered with mild interest. He leaned on the balcony sill, watching the ignorant figures below him.

 

~*------------------------------------------------------------- -----------------------------------------*~

 

"Phew. I think that's enough for today. I'm tired of doing this. Can we go in now?"

"Nope. Not until you do your big one. Then we can go in."

"You're cruel."

"I know; I love you too." Sango's smile just widened innocently as Kagome glared at her. Shippo shouted his encouragement to her as she set up.

"Yeah! You can do it, Kagome!" he yelled. He gazed fondly at her. She just shook her head and sighed. Shippo was a youkai kitsune, and would only hear her comment. She forgot it at the moment, though.

"You two are going to be the death of me, I swear," she muttered under her breath. True to her word, the kitsune's ears swiveled in her direction and he grinned.

"We try!" he said. Beside him, Sango rolled up her sleeves and pounced on him. Or tried to. He jumped out of the way just in time. That did nothing to stop her from chasing him around the grassy plain.

"STOP STEALING MY DRATTED LINE! DRAT IT!" she yelled, pursuing him faster.

"Kagome, help!"

"No, don't help the traitor! He must pay for what he's done!"

"No! Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh!" Shippo screamed as Sango grabbed him from behind.

"Ah, ha! Gotcha! Now, you shall pay!" An evil gleam shone in her eyes. Shippo whimpered in fear.

Then, surprising and scaring him to death, the girl attacked in the best way she knew: tickling.

She went for his feet first. He didn't budge and inch when she tried those. So, she went for his legs. The thighs, to be exact. She squeezed both and the kitsune sprayed a fountain of squeals on her.

Kagome shook her head, making it her new mission to make sure that Shippo knew where Sango was ticklish too to make the sides even.

She strung her arrow effortlessly, aiming for a target a few feet away. Closing her eyes, she prepared herself for the stunt. Opening her azure orbs, she loosed the arrow and pulled another from her quiver not two seconds after. She shot the second straight into the air above her. When she heard the firs arrow's `thud' as it drove into the bulls' eye, she concentrated on the second arrow.

Before it reached the height of the tallest pine trees, the piece of wood exploded into a pink star, tiny bits floating down to the earth.

Kagome smiled proudly, if not tiredly, at her display. `My miko powers are improving,' she thought. `Sango said they would eventually.'

The said girl and Shippo had stopped the tickle fight to stare and gape at the pink lights.

 

~*------------------------------------------------------------- -----------------------------------------*~

 

Inuyasha almost fell off the balcony in shock. His amber eyes widened as he stared at the wench called `Kagome'. For some reason, he couldn't get her out of his head. It annoyed him, too.

"Dammit…" he grumbled. He watched as she panted heavily, thinking how pretty she looked with the sun reflecting off her raven locks. `Woah! Where the hell did that come from?' he ground out at himself.

Suddenly, Kagome fell to her knees in exhaustion. She was about to fall to the ground when the hanyou leapt from his room and caught her. Unconscious, she could only be held in his arms, limp.

"Hey, wench!" he spoke softer than he meant to. He poked her shoulder once. Twice. Three times. By the time he got to ten, he was pretty sure that she was out cold.

"Stupid girl. Overexerting yourself like that. Feh. Frail human…" he muttered, picking her up bridal style. `Light as a feather,' he thought. Sango and the brat, he had noticed, had disappeared somehow. He could smell them, though. They were going the long way to get into the fief. Why, he didn't know. Nor did he really care. Except for Kagome, and she was in his arms, to boot.

Her eyes fluttered open and he heard her sigh. He glanced down at her and started walking toward the fief. She frowned when she saw his face.

"Ugh, not you again. Stop stalking me!" Inuyasha bristled at her words.

"Look, bitch, I'm not following you, you're following me. Either that or we keep ending up in the same place at the same time unintentionally…" he trailed off once he noticed that she wasn't listening.

"Go' way, Inuyasha…" she slapped his arm half-heartedly.

"Feh. Wench." Then she noticed that she was being carried. Squeaking in surprise, she struggled to get free.

"Hey, lemme go, I can walk by myself!" she told him. He ignored her. After a couple more minutes of ranting at him and trying to be released from his grip, Kagome gave up. `Besides,' she thought. `He's carrying me. And he's being so gentle. I wonder where that comes from…' her thoughts trailed away as she slipped into dreamland.

Inuyasha chanced a glance downwards and grinned at the sleeping girl in his arms. `She's not so bad. Even if she did put up a fight, she stopped when she realized that I had won. But I wonder why I am being so gentle with her. I've never been kind to someone, let alone a girl, before. This is too weird. But, I keep having these strange feelings every time I'm near her…Strange…'he thought. Pushing those intruding statements to the back of his mind, Inuyasha slowed his pace as he neared the fort with a sleeping Kagome in his arms, following her scent of lavender to her room.