InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Hanyou Kagome ❯ Battle of Nightmares ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Inuyasha had just changed from the robes to his normal clothing. It was a rough day, all he could think about was the time he spent in the past. No matter how much he tried to forget, he just couldn't... The days he spent there were forever in his mind... For all times. Sighing to himself, Inuyasha decided to play his guitar. Maybe playing one of the new songs he wrote for the schools concert would keep his mind off of things... At least he hopes...

The song was something he came up with on his own. Nothing really new, since he wrote all of the songs for his band. But of course most of the songs are love songs. No one understood why he wrote them, hell neither did he. But oh well... It got him lots of fans... and girls... Than he calmly/loveily sang.

"We're Seeking our endless dreams in a world with no guidance...
With tangled emotions and a heart-piercing beat,our ballas continues, quietly and without faltering
From the other side of the far-off sky, our shadows blur togetherOur memories are chronicled somewhere between whim and inevitability
Even if everything decays in the whirlpool of time we spent passing each other by,I'll believe in your voice
We're seeking our endless dreams in a future with no guidanceEven if I lose this light somedaythere will still be the shining blaze you lit in my heartWe'll turn these fragments of hope into wings
An unceasing rain and a gently-soaked moonI don't care if I get hurt; I just want to move on, blown about by the wind
A look from your clear, innocent eyes cut through the darknessWe'll pass through despair and loneliness and leave our mark behind
During the time I spent distorting myself to avoid creating ties,I felt you there
We're following a fleeting path in a world with no answersWhen you're suddenly lost and unable to move forward,my heart will shine and show the way to a hopeful tomorrow
We're seeking our fleeting dreams in a world with no answersThe shining blaze in my heart will convey my wish
We're seeking our endless dreams in a world with no guidanceEven if I lose this light somedaythere will be the shining blaze you lit in my heartWe'll turn these fragments of hope into wings"
Sure Inuyasha has been working on that song for weeks now, but for some reason it just didn't sound right... The lyrics were perfect but... the emotion he needed... he just didn't have it... The right emotion was still unknown to him. Why? Cause he just never felt it before... Sigh... Inuyasha looked at his ceiling as he was thinking about the past, the Feudal Era... No matter what he just couldn't get his mind off of it. Nothing worked... Than he could have guessed that Kagome would have said. She would saying something like "no matter what you try to do, you'll never forget what you've seen. Demon's will always attack for the Shikon Jewel... You're stupid human life will always be in danger. You understand that boy?!"

Inuyasha sighed as he calmly thought 'jeez... Even when I'm only guessing what she's saying, Kagome will never say my name...'

Than there was a voice yelling "Inuyasha, dinner!" All Inuyasha could do was smile, even though he couldn't forget what happened in the past. He could still focus on his future and that was involving his family no matter what. Nothing mattered more to him than his families safety. So he would stay with them to protect them, that was the promise he made to his family. With no other thought Inuyasha got up, put away his guitar and walked down stairs.

When he walked into the living room Inuyasha saw that his mother had made his favourite meal. Ramen. To him it was the best thing to eat in the whole world! Nothing could or would ever change that. Souta calmly asked "so how's your new song coming along bro? I heard you playing it's really good!" All Inuyasha could do was sigh as he said "thanks, but it isn't good enough... I'm missing something for it... I just need something to help me inspire me to how the song should be sung... But so far I got nothing... I'll keep working on it till then."

Inuyasha couldn't help but stare at his younger brother as he said "don't worry, you'll be the first to hear it when I think it's good enough kay?" Souta smiled at Inuyasha, than he went to his meal like everyone else. Inuyasha just smiled at his family, he knew that this wasn't going to be the end of his bonding. He was always close to his family and always will be. That's just how he planned it to be and stay this way.

Now there was the faint sound of foot steps in the hall. Of course only Inuyasha could hear this but he thought it was only his imagination. So he just let it go as he said "well time to eat some ramen! WHOO!" Than with that said the door slid open to reveal a slightly pissed off looking Kagome. Inuyasha turned around and stared at Kagome along with the rest of his family.

The only thing that Inuyasha could say was "Ka... Kagome?" Kagome growled a bit as she said "you moron! Who said you could go home?!" Inuyasha put his chop sticks down as he asked "how'd you get here?" The young half demon walked up to him as she said "how else! The well of course!" Than Inuyasha's grandfather stood up saying with anger mixed with confusion "how did you get through the well! I made sure it was sealed!"

Kagome held up one of the seals and she said "you mean this piece of crap? Hate to tell you this sir but... they don't work." With that said the old man started to cry as Souta stared at his grandfather saying "you've got to be kidding me... Some Priest you are..." Kagome than grabbed Inuyasha by his arm saying "come on, let's go." Inuyasha got free from ehr grasp as he said "who said I had to go with you! Huh!? I don't have to go anywhere! I'm staying here got that!"

Kagome growled as she said "oh really! Well I say to damn bad cause you're coming! Do you know how many people are probably dying right now! Lot's of people are dying cause of that strange demon! They're being killed within their dreams which is killing them in REAL life!" Inuyasha could only stare at Kagome with a intense gaze. He wasn't sure what he should think about this, but he knew that the demon behind this is the same one that took the jewel shard from him.

Which also ment that he was after something more, what it was well it was hard to say. But what Inuyasha did know for sure is that this demon needs to go down once and for all. Inuyasha clenched his hands into tight fists. The very thought of people dying cause of something he caused made him feel terrible... He stared at Kagome as he said "fine... I'll come just hold on a second... I have to get something quick."

With that said the teenager ran to his room, went to his closet. He was searching for something hidden in the back. After a minute he finally found what he was looking for... The sword that he bought a year ago... It was a simple blade but the guy he bought it from said it once beloned to a great monk that could channel his power into the very blade and could destroy demons with only one swing of the blade. Now was the time to see if it was true or not.(I know in the show Kagome uses arrows but I have a better idea for Inuyasha, he'll use different weapons)

As soon as he grabbed his sword he placed it at his hip thanks to the belt he was wearing. Than ran down the stairs going to the well. Kagome was already waiting there for him. They both knew that this was gonna be heard to do, how were they gonna fight a demon that uses the powers of someone's dreams to battle? No one knows... Inuyasha calmly asked "so... where is the demon guy anyway...?" Kagome stared at him with a 'you got to be kidding me' look. She calml said "you mean you have no idea where he is... You really are a moron."

Inuyasha gave a creepy smirk as he said "shut it dog girl, look let's just get in the well, stop that demon what ever his name is and save everyone alright...? I can't stand to see people suffer..." Kagome stared at Inuyasha from the corner of her eye as she thought 'this boy... He's seen much suffering before he came to my time... Wonder what it was...?'With that last thought they went inside the well house, than jumped inside the well. They were surrounded by the blue light as they traveled across time. Even though Inuyasha has seen this two times before it's still amazing to see...

After a few seconds they arrived to the other side of the well. In the past. Even though Inuyasha has only been there once, it was still an amazing sight to behold. Even at night it was still amazing, but at the moment he was getting ahead of himself for it won't be peaceful till the 'Nightmare Demon' was destroyed once and for all. Kagome stared at Inuyasha as she asked "you sure you can handle this boy?" Inuyasha glared at Kagome as he said "I'm pretty sure I can. I'm a master when it comes with a sword and staff! Ok sure, I'll admit I'm no good with arrows... I'll take some lessons with them later... But right now we have a demon to kill."

Kagome smirked as she said with a happy tone "now you're speaking my language! Let's go!" With that said they ran to the heart of the forest. But what they didn't know is what was waiting for them... Would it be the demon? Or a nightmare? At the moment they weren' sure. Could anyone be sure? No... no one could be truly sure at this moment.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

"Ha... They think they can beat me? That's a laugh... Let's see their deepest nightmares... Let's give them a little treat..." Said Yukichi as he stared into a blue crystal ball. The crystal ball glowed with a bright light as it showed the demon Inuyasha and Kagome walking through the forest. This was just too good to be true. He knew that, well he now knows that the boy can see the shards, so he had to find a way to weaken him so he can control his mind.

That was the hard part though, only the worst of nightmares can weaken both of them and the only kind of nightmare that would work is if they face the worst part of their lives. Yes... That's how he'd do it, make them relive that part of their memories and kill the half demon once more... This would work, nothing can make it fail. (show's what he knows...)

Than the blue crystal ball started to glow a bright red, as the Nightmare Demon was casting his spell. The boy and young half demon would start to face the worst part of their lives, the very moment that they felt so weak. This was the moment he was waiting for, he could kill a half demon and have a slave, yes... A slave sounded nice right now... heh heh heh... (creepy)

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

The forest started to twist and turn. It was starting to look like the forest was becoming something. What it was, well it was hard to say. Inuyasha was looking around as he asking with confusion "what's gonig on?!" Kagome growled a bit as she said "I'm not sure, but I think that demon is behind this. Be careful alright!"

But sadly, that wasn't possible, for the forest started to get darker. Inuyasha grabbed his sword and stood in a defence position. He wasn't gonna let this forest beat him.(ok I'll admit, I'm still making him sound a little like the half demon version of himself... sigh) But even that wasn't gonna help. Than Inuyasha felt something grab his leg, pulling him into the forest. Inuyasha screamed "HELP! KAGOME HELP!" Kagome stared at Inuyasha, as he was being dragged into the forest.

She was about to follow till she felt something grab her leg. What ever it was, it dragged her to teh other side of the forest, and than... her vision was gone as she was being surrounded by darkness...

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Kagome was walking through the forest, this is weird... This almost looks like the forest that was close to the village that she used to live in. Than she stared at the village, no... she didn't want to be here... She could have sworn that this was buried deep in her mind... The horrible child hood she had. People picking on her. Calling her names and throwing things at her. This was one of the worst things that happened to her in her past. No matter what she did, there was no running away from it.

Than she saw her younger self running through the forest, tears streming down her face. This puzzeled Kagome, till she found out when this was in her past... The... the day she was kicked out of the village... cause of her mother's death... "That's right... Mother died when I was a little girl... They wouldn't keep me cause I wasn't one of them, I was a half demon that didn't deserve a home... No matter who my mother was... Or what her wishes were they kicked me out as soon as she passed..."
Said a slightly depressed Kagome.

Kagome kept walking around in the forest, wondering what was gonna happen in this dream of hers. No matter what her past self just kept running. Tears were flowing down her face like a river. The little girl kept saying stuff like "mother's dead! They kicked me out! They never cared about me or mother! They just couldn't wait to kick me out once mother was gone! It's my fault!"Just hearing the sadness in her voice could make the strongest man cry his heart out.

No one deserves this fate... No one... Than her dream shifted to somewhere else. Kagome was still in the forest but this time... She wasn't just staring at a old memory but was part of it. This time... there was no running away from the dream for no matter how far she tried to run... There was no breaking free from this spell... She would end up dying in her dream unless the demon was destroyed... Once and for all...

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Inuyasha woke up in his room, But there was something strange about it this time. It looked like it did when he was a little kid... This makes no sense... It looked like it did five years... ago... No! This can't be happening again! NOT AGAIN! Inuyasha jumped outta bed, got dressed and ran down the stairs. But as soon as he did... he just couldn't believe it... In the kitchen at the table reading a newspaper was his father... His father was the same, long black hair and brown eyes, wearing his normal business clothing.

Now Inuyasha knew this had to be the work of that demon Yukichi, the Nightmare demon.(jeez even I'm getting bord of saying "nightmare demon") He ran to his father saying "dad... Where are you going today? Work?" His father nodded as he said "yes, of course Inuyasha. Did you have another one of those dreams again?" Inuyasha nodded slightly as he said
"yeah... But you don't need to take me anywhere. You don't need to take me to the hospital! Really!"Inuyasha's father stood up and walked toward him saying"Inuyasha, it isn't normal for you to be having these dreams, We need to get you checked to make sure if these are just your imagination running wild or it's something serious. Now let's go."

With that said, Inuyasha's father and Inuyasha went to the car. Inuyasha could remember that day very well... His father was taking him to the hospital cause of the dreams he's been having... A speeding car was heading towards them when they were just crossing a street light... The car... the bright yellow car... He could remember it very clearly... Even though it all happened so fast and he was knocked out... he remembered what happened and blamed himself...

Inuyasha... could never forgive himself for what happened... And now... he was gonna relive this memory... No matter how much he tried to get it to change it won't help... It'll always happen... They finally got to a crossing light. His father calmly said "Inuyasha... Even though I'm gone... I don't blame you... I always worried about you and those dreams... Deep down I knew that you were a reincarnation cause even though you look like me... You also looked like someone else... Never blame yourself for something you had no control over... Alright...?"

Inuyasha just stared at his father, was this the spirit of his father? Did his father know that this was a dream? If so... would he want to relive his death? That was hard to say... Inuyasha calmly said "dad... I'm... I'm so sorry... Cause... if I was normal than you wouldn't have died... I know you said that I shouldn't blame myself but... I still felt like it was my fault... Souta doesn't remember you that well cause he was only five at the time... We all miss you so much..."

His father only smiled as he said "I miss you all as well... I've never forgotten about any of you... In fact... I've been looking after all of you... Just because I'm not around in body I'm around in spirit... Remember that Inuyasha... Also remember that true power comes from within. It comes from your heart, the desire to protect those close to you or to protect those who need protecting. You must always remember that." Inuyasha nodded, his father was right.

But before anything else could be said, the bright yellow car came zipping by, and crashed into the drivers seat. Inuyasha of course only got a few scratches from the glass and was knocked out. But deep down he knew this was only a dream, and one he was about to wake up from.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Inuyasha woke up from his old memory/dream. He knew that it was only a dream, but he could feel that his father's spirit was really there, talking to him at the very end. At least... his father's spirit wasn't angry with him. Everything was right with the world once more... sorta. So he ran off to look for Kagome, or at least Yukichi. If this feeling was right, than Kagome was under the spell, and her worst memory would be getting sealed to the tree.

So he had to hurry and kill Yukichi before Kagome was killed in her dream. After walking for a few minutes Inuyasha saw a strange cave, it had a strange feeling to it. Which of course needed to be looked at, for he felt that the Nightmare Demon was in there. And nothing was gonna stop him. He had to hurry if he wanted to save everyone. So Inuyasha walked into the cave. And he was right on the nose, for inside the cave, at the very back was Yukichi.

Yukichi was shocked as he said "I thought you'd be dead by now..." Inuyasha glared at him as he said "no, in that memory I was only knocked out. I never died... You tried to control me, I could feel it when the car hit my father... I won't forgive you for showing me that! But... my father spoke to me, my father's spirit. He never blamed me so in a way I should thank you. But for killing many people I'll destroy you!" With that said Inuyasha grabbed his sword and it glowed with a blue light.

He knew that this was his power. So he charged at Yukichi but sadly he missed. The only thing he sliced was a few strands of hair. Yukichi laughed as he said "you can't beat me! Not even a normal monk could beat me! You'll never win human!" Inuyasha smirked as he said "maybe that's because they couldn't see you're weak point. You may not be able to die from a physicle blow... But what if I destroyed this!"

Than Inuyasha was about to hit it till Yukichi pulled Inuyasha's shirt and threw him to the other side of the cave. Inuyasha glared at the demon as he thought 'damn... I need to get him distracted some how... Kagome is still out and I don't know where she is... Wait! Always get the opponent talking. Get them to wonder in their minds and than hit their weak point!'(I'm just making this up as I go along, I know nothing about sword fighting)

Than Inuyasha calmly asked, while circling around with Yukichi "so... what do you plan to do with the jewel once you get it?" Yukichi laughed as he said "what else! Rule the world! Become a powerful demon and make all the humans suffer! What else is there!?" Inuyasha smirked as he said "simple... You could not use the jewel and survive. Leave humans alone and you could be happy with someone that cares for ya. But than again you don't have a heart. I don't sense one in you... But here is something that you should know..."

"Oh and what is that?"

"Blind sight's a bitch!"

With that said Inuyasha slashed at the crystal ball, slicing it in half and Yukichi was smashed into little pieces like glass. It was like he was made of the glass. With that done, Inuyasha picked up the shard and walked out. Walking through the forest again, looking for Kagome. After a while he saw her sitting up wiping the sweat from her face. When she looked up at Inuyasha she asked "so, you woke up huh? Anyway let's go get that demon."

Inuyasha held up the shard as he said "no need. I killed him after I broke free from the dream spell. So, what'd you dream about? Getting sealed to the tree? Was I too late?" Kagome growled as she said "yeah, I was dreaming bout that, and no you weren't too late... What about you?" Inuyasha looked away as he said in a sad tone "I dreamt about... my father's death... I witnessed the whole thing and blamed myself for his death... Five years of guilt... Than in the dream..."

Kagome could see that Inuyasha's frown had now become a smile as he said "my father spoke to me, not the dream of my father but my father's spirit. He told me that he never blamed me for his death... And that I should move on... And I will... Now, let's get going alright?" Kagoem stood up as she said "sure, sure Inuyasha." When she said that he stared at her with disbeliefe. He said "you... you said my name..." Kagome stared at him as she said "yeah so?"

"I just think you're starting to like me a little bit is all." Said a smiling Inuyasha.

Kagome let out a humph as she said "yeah right, don't get your hopes up." Inuyasha yelled "HEEL!" Normally Kagome would just freeze up but this time she was on her hands and knees. Kagome yelled "what the hell!?" Inuyasha calmly said "wow... guess the spell got stronger... I don't care I like this a lot better!" Kagome glared at him as she said "SCREW YOU!"