InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Happy Birfdae, Kagome! ❯ The Only One! ... Probably! ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Happy Birfdae, Kagome!

Kagome: SIT!

Inu-Yasha: AARGH! Dammit Kagome! Can you STOP that for ONE second?!

Kagome: Well, you deserve it! Why is it that you always sense danger when I'm trying to take a bath?! And since when is there danger in MY era?! GET OUT OF MY BATHROOM!!

*Kagome slams the door in Inu-Yasha's face, blocking the hanyou's view. Disgruntled, Inu-Yasha turns and slumps down against the wall beside the bathroom door.*

Sota: *Ambles by while Inu-Yasha is being berated once again for being an idiot.* You know, Inu-Yasha, if you just stand guard outside the bathroom door when you "sense danger" Kagome won't sit you so much.

Inu-Yasha: *Bad-temperedly* Quiet, you! Who asked for your advice?!

Sota: *Shruggles* No one. But it'd save you a whole lotta face plants if you listened… *Sota saunters away.*

Miroku: He's right, you know. It would save you much pain if you just waited outside the bathroom while you kept guard.

Inu-Yasha: *Angrily* Look who's talking! You lecher! Every time Sango takes a bath you take-wait, where'd you come from??-anyway, you take every chance you get to spy on her! And she causes you pain, too.

Miroku: *Dreamily* The pain is worth it!

Sango: *Whacking Miroku upside his head for his bad judgement* He may be a lecherous monk but he has a point. If you hate being sitted then you should stop angering Kagome-in other words stop looking in while she's in the bath.

Kagome: *From inside the bathroom* WHY ARE YOU ALL WAITING OUTSIDE THE BATHROOM DOOR?!

Shippo: Yeah, why are we all here?

Inu-Yasha: *Confused and going insane* WHERE DO YOU ALL KEEP COMING FROM?!?!

Miroku: Remember, Shippo? We're here because it's Kagome's birthday tomorrow and she wanted to celebrate in her own era, with her family and her other friends.

Shippo: Oh, right. So, what are we going to get her?

Sango: *Excited* How about a cute ki-?

Kagome: *Yelling, still inside the bathroom* I CAN HEAR YOU!!

Sango: *Surprised at Kagome's continuing anger* Uhh… Let's go downstairs to talk…

*Sango and co. head down to Kagome's living room to plan what gifts to get her.*

Inu-Yasha: Is it just me or is Kagome intensely angrier than usual? *Mutters* She's scary when she's angry…! *Cowers in fear*

Kagome's Mom: *Cheerfully* Hello! Do any of you want something to eat or drink? Kagome should be out of the bath soon.

Inu-Yasha: Do you have any sake?

Kagome's Mom: …

Miroku: *Whacks Inu-Yasha* Um, no thank you, marm! We're fine!

Kagome's Mom: *Thinking* "Marm"?! I am MUCH too young to be a "marm"! *To Miroku* Heh, heh, heh. Alright! Well, tell Kagome I went out to get groceries!

*Kagome enters, her hair wrapped in a beige towel, just as her mother closes the front door.*

Kagome: Where'd my mom go?

Sango: She said she went out to get Groceries… Who's Groceries?

Kagome: … Uhm, groceries are food that you buy at a grocery store… A grocery store is a food store… Anyway, did she say when she was going to get back? We still have to bake the cake for tomorrow.

Miroku: No, she left in quite a hurry. I think she was offended when I called her "marm"…

Kagome: *Rolls eyes* Ya think? Women nowadays don't like to be reminded of their age, and only old women are called "marm" anymore.

Shippo: *Totally confused* But wait, if women don't like to be reminded of their age then why are you celebrating your birthday??

Kagome: Because, I'm a teenager! Getting older is exciting! But once you hit 29, growing up stops being fun for women.

Inu-Yasha: *Wide-eyed* And I thought women from the Feudal Era were confusing!

Miroku: *Rolls eyes* Well, I guess that's why you get sitted so much.

Sango: So, Kagome, when will all of your other guests be arriving?

Kagome: Well, I told everyone to be here for seven. That gives us all day to decorate tomorrow. But tonight I think we should go shopping and find you guys some regular clothes…

Inu-Yasha: What do you mean, "regular"?! What's wrong with my kimono?!

Kagome: There's nothing wrong with it but I'm pretty sure that if my friends see you in that there are gonna be some awkward questions.

Shippo: Hey, Kagome, what are we gonna do about my tail?!

Kagome: … Baggy pants? I'm not sure. We'll just have to figure it out when we get to the mall.

Miroku: What is this "mall" you speak of?

Kagome: *Shakes head resignedly, muttering* Oh, boy. This is gonna be interesting…

*The gang departs and heads for the mall, Kagome in the lead. Note: I'm Canadian so most of the stores mentioned below will be Canadian, as would make sense. ;)*

Kagome: *Pushes the main entrance door open* Here we are! Okay, first, we'll go to Bootlegger. They have guys and girls clothes. *Grabs Sango's hand and heads for the store excitedly.*

*In the store*

Kagome: Ooh! Sango, here! Try this one on! *Hands Sango a blue tank with caption: "I love my attitude problem!"*

Sango: Alright… But don't they have anything less… revealing?

Kagome: Okay! Here, this will look cute, too! *Hands Sango a black, v-neck, long-sleeved t-shirt displaying the word "Hottie" in blue flames, along with a pair of faded flare jeans.*

Sango: What's a `Hottie'?

Kagome: *Giggles* Just try it on! *Pushes Sango towards the change rooms. Turns to Miroku and Inu-Yasha.* Here, Miroku, try on this shirt with… these pants! *Hands Miroku a faded, blue t-shirt with the words "I was nowhere near it when it happened!" and a pair of semi-baggy, black jeans.* Hmm… How about this, these and this, Inu-Yasha? *Snatches a black t-shirt with "You Lose" and a picture of Goomba emblazoned across the chest, a pair of semi-baggy carpenter jeans and a red baseball cap with a picture of Snoopy on it and hands the lot to Inu-Yasha.* Follow Miroku to the change rooms and try this stuff on.

*Kagome turns to Shippo and grabs his hand, pulling him along to the kids' section*

Kagome: We'll look here for clothes for you, Shippo! Ooh, how about this hoodie?! *Points to a dark blue hoodie with the words "Rebel County" across the front and a sword design* Or do you want a t-shirt?

Shippo: *Trusting Kagome's judgement* I don't know. I'll try it on, I guess. Anything else?

Kagome: Take these pants and this t-shirt. *Hands Shippo a faded green t-shirt with a Nirvana logo and a pair of baggy jeans.* Then come and show me! The change rooms are over there. *Points to a hallway in the back of the store with a sign above the doorway, "Fitting Rooms: Girl … Boy"*

*Sango peeks timidly around the corner wearing the black shirt and blue jeans Kagome gave her.*

Kagome: AIYAA!! Sango! You look amazing! That's perfect!!

Sango: *Unsure* Um, it isn't too… revealing?

Kagome: No, it's just perfect! You look awesome!! Go change back into your kimono and we'll buy these!

*Miroku walks out falteringly, modeling the outfit Kagome picked out for him.*

Miroku: Well, I have to say, it's not completely uncomfortable. I think I might like this!

Kagome: Great! Go change back and we'll pay for these!

*Miroku reappears dragging Inu-Yasha out of the change rooms.*

Miroku: Come-on-Inu-Yasha! Kagome wants to see what you look like!!

Inu-Yasha: NO! NEVER! DIE, LECHEROUS MONK OF DOOM!

Kagome: … Um, Inu-Yasha? I've seen the outfit… You look great, handsome even… Just please stop trying to kill Miroku…

Inu-Yasha: Handsome?

Kagome: You can change back now. We'll buy those clothes and go… *Shakes head, sighing.*

Shippo: So, Kagome, what do you think? *Poses dramatically*

Kagome: *Giggles* It's so KAWAII!! We're getting that for you! And the hoodie! You can go change back now!

*Sango, Miroku, Inu-Yasha and Shippo eventually return in their normal outfits and hand the new clothes to Kagome.*

Kagome: *Happily* I'll go pay for these! You guys can wander around the mall if you want, just meet me at the food court in an hour! Oh, here. *Hands each of them $25 (YES, dollars! I can't get my compy to make the yen sign! GRR-OWFLES!!)* You can get something if you want! My mom gave me some early birthday money!

*Sango and Co. leave minus Kagome as she waits in line to pay for the clothes.*

Miroku: Sango, why don't you take Shippo and look for a gift for Kagome. Inu-Yasha and I will go this way. *Points right.*

Sango: Okay. Come on Shippo. Let's see what there is this way.

*Sango and Shippo leave, heading off in the opposite direction.*

Miroku: *Cheerily* So, Inu-Yasha! Where should we begin our search for Kagome's birthday gift?!

Inu-Yasha: *Embarrassed and annoyed about it* Hey, could you tone it down a bit?! Why are you so happy anyway?

Miroku: Have you seen all of the beautiful women around?!?!

Inu-Yasha: *Rolls eyes* Hey, let's go in there. It looks girlie. *Points to nearest pink'n'girlie store. AND REMEMBER THE PINK PART!!*

Miroku: Hmm… "La Senza"*… sounds promising.

*Note: La Senza is a female underwear/lingerie/pajamas store!*

*Inu-Yasha and Miroku enter La Senza.*

Inu-Yasha: Holla cwap! I don't think is what we're looking for!

Miroku: *Looks around, smiling* I dunno, this looks like the right place to me…

*Due to the fact that if I expanded on Miroku's escapades within La Senza about 30 people would try to kill me, and that it would spoil the end… Let's move on to Sango and Shippo's shopping trip!*

Sango: What about this store? "Coles". It seems to be a book store… Do you think Kagome would like a book?

Shippo: Okay! Let's look!

*Sango and Shippo venture into the store.*

Sango: Hmm, what's this book? "My Life" by Bill Clinton? He's not very…

Shippo: He's darned ugly! Just say it!

Sango: SHIPPO! Well, you're right but watch your language!

~My Conscience~: HALT!! You CANNOT badmouth former U.S. Presidents!

~Me~: And why not?! I do it all the time! Watch! STUPID DUBYA! STOP BEING AN IDIOT AND PUT IN FOR EARLY RETIREMENT!! MASS DESTRUCTION. EH?!

~My Conscience~: *Shakes head* Oh my goodness…

~Me~: YOU'RE NOT GOOD! YOU'RE EVIL!!! EEEEVIIIILLLLL!!! HSSSS!! HHSSSSSSSS!!!!

~My Conscience~: … Okay, no more sugar for you. I'm taking away your Diet Pepsi, too.

~Me~: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!! I'M DY-EEEEEENG!!! DIEEEEE-IIIING!!!

~My Conscience~: … O.o … Anyway, I apologize if my client's attack on the U.S.'s choice of presidents has offended anyone. She bears no ill will toward the United States nor its politicians.

~Me~: *Mutters* MCARTHYISM!! LOOK IT UP!!!! I KEEL YOU IF YOU DON'T!!!!!

~My Conscience~: Sugar withdrawals should never be mixed with excessive amounts of Diet Pepsi and ridiculously hilarious online mangas… *Shakes head sadly and sighs…* Tragic, really. Uh, so back to Coles and the actual fic…

Sango: *Wide-eyed* Well, mayhap we should consider another book?

Shippo: *Also wide-eyed in fear and awe* Uhhhh… Maybe you're right…

Sango: *Wandering into the `Teen' section* Ooh! This looks promising! *Selecting a book from the over-stocked shelf* "Harry Potter…" I think I've heard tell of this one before… Hmm, only $20 for the box set! Well, Shippo, I think this will be a wonderful gift! What do you think?

Shippo: *Vury enthusiastically* YEAH! LET'S GET THAT ONE!! *Strikes a "winner's pose".*

*Giggling, Sango pulls the money out of a pouch on her belt and walks over to the cash to pay for Kagome's gift.*

*Note: I LOVE HARRY POTTEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRR!!!*

~My Conscience~: GIMME THE SUGAR!!

*Meanwhile, with Miroku and Inu-Yasha…*

Miroku: *Happily* Well, I think it's the perfect gift!

Inu-Yasha: *Matter-of-factly* She's going to beat you, cause you immeasurable pain, send you to the bitter realms of Hell, resurrect you and start the process over again. Good luck. It was almost nice knowing you.

Miroku: *Still remarkably cheerfully, considering his impending doom* I still say my gift's better! What in the world will Kagome want with that-?

Inu-Yasha: *Angrily* DON'T INSULT MY GIFT, MONK!! NOW DIE AND KERFUFFLE!!

~My Conscience~: O.o "Kerfuffle"? What's that supposed to mean??

~Me~: Inu-Yasha… doesn't make… a whole lot of sense… when… when being… insulted… or… LUH-LEAVE ME ALONE!!!!

~My Conscience~: O.o' … riiiiiiiight…

*Sango and Shippo sit down at a small plastic table in the food court, awaiting the arrival of Kagome, Miroku and Inu-Yasha. Soon, Kagome joins the two friends at their fairly empty table.*

Kagome: So, did the shopping go well?

Sango: *Smiles enthusiastically* Oh, yes! Very well indeed! Isn't that right Shippo?

Shippo: *Nods emphatically* Oh, definitely! Tomorrow will be great!! You'll love what we got you!

Kagome: Well, don't tell me now! I dun wanna know yet! *Giggles excitifatedly!!*

*Note: Since my birfdae is only FOUR DAYS AWAY I decided to make a special birfdae fic. I might do a bunch of chappies `bout everyone's birfdae. Or I might stop here. Pfft, like I'd tell you!*

*Second Note: That was a lie. My birfdae is only 4 days away but that's not why I did the fic. Chappie 13 of my other fic, "The Closet", gave me writer's block so I started a new one to help me get over it. I finish Chappie 13 after dis vun! Or after deh second vun!*

Sango: Oh! There are Inu-Yasha and Miroku! *Waves to the guys* Hey! Over here!

Miroku: *To Inu-Yasha* Mine!

Inu-Yasha: *To Miroku* Mine, Lech!

Miroku: *To Inu-Yasha* Never! My gift is better!

Kagome: *Not hearing one word of the argument due to its vury low volume* Hey, guys! Ready to go?

Miroku: *Abandoning the futile dispute* Yes, let's go! If we get back to your home in time we can still catch `ER'! Sam is hot!

Sango: *KWAPS Miroku upside the head* Kagome has shown you many different programs and channels on that infernal box! Why do you continue to watch the one `ER'?!

Miroku: *Rubs the point of impact* Ow… my head… anyway, ER is a great show of the highest quality! And it's the only one on with lots'o'hot nurses!

*Note: To those of you who do not watch ER, Sam IS a girl and YOU'RE INSANE!!!! ER IS AMAZING AND AWESOME AND I LOVE IT AND CARTER IS A HOTTIE!! P.S. `ER' stands for `Emergency Room'!! Oh, and P.P.S. I personally have no opinion as to the hotness or lack thereof of the female nursing/doctoring contingency. Ask a guy for his opinion if you really care all that much!*

~My Conscience~: *From somewhere offstage* She's right this way! I took her sugar and her fake sugar and her diet pop but it didn't seem to help! Over here, Dr. Freud, she's here!

*Note: Yes, I DO know that Freud is no longer among the living! And for anyone not in the know, Sigmund Freud is a very famous psycho-people doctor. If you still don't get the implied joke then go cry to Mommy! HEY! NOT MY MOMMY! Oh, I'm so dead! I'm supposed to be cleaning my room… EEP!*

*Shortly after arriving home the gang heads off to their separate sleeping quarters; Sango, to Kagome's room with Kirara, and Miroku and Inu-Yasha to Sota's room, accompanied by Shippo.*

Kagome's Mom: Night everyone!

Kagome: Goodnight, Mom!

*The next morning Kagome hurries into the bathroom for a quick shower. Obviously missing the subtle hints-a locked door, the sound of running water, Sota's insistence that the bathroom is occupied-Miroku opens the bathroom door with great difficulty.*

Kagome: *Angry and surprised* AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Miroku: *Surprised but not too put off* Kagome! Oh, I'm sorry! I didn't know that you were in here!

Inu-Yasha: *Breaking down the door of Sota's room and dashing toward the bathroom door* KAGOME!!

*Reaching the door, Inu-Yasha immediately sees the reason for Kagome's scream. Inu-Yasha has just enough time to grab Miroku by his shirt collar and hurl him back into Sota's room before Kagome's command rings out.*

Kagome: *Screaming* SIT!!

Sango: *Already awake and eating breakfast downstairs, Sango comes running at the deafening commotion from the second floor* What's going on?! *Seeing Inu-Yasha's sitted position, Miroku's unconscious form and the bathroom door thrown open wide, Sango immediately realizes what transpired and closes the bathroom door.*

Kagome: *Still rather angry, yelling through the once again locked door* THANKS, SANGO!

Sango: *Shakes head* No problem, Kagome.

Sota: *Nonchalantly* I warned him she was in there…

Shippo: Well, at least he'll be happy when he wakes up…

*The gang, excluding those unconscious and/or indisposed, turn to look down the stairs as they hear the front door being opened and closed.*

Kagome's Mom: We're back! We have the decorations!

Grandpa: And the ofudas! No evil demons will disturb this party, Kagome!

Sango: *Still wide-eyed in awe of Kagome's anger* Kagome is in the shower. I do not think we should disturb her. *To Kagome's mother* Ms. Higurashi, why is Kagome so angry as of late?

Kagome's Mummeh: *Sadly* Oh, that. Well, Kagome recently found out that she has failed this year. She'll have to repeat it next year. I think that she should just quit school altogether until her adventures in your era are over. It's taking quite a toll on my poor little Kagome…

Sango: *Thoughtfully* I suppose you're right. The stress does seem to be getting to her…

Kagome: There, Miroku! Now you can use the bathroom!!

*Kagome, Shippo, Kirara, Sota and Inu-Yasha descend the stairs and enter the kitchen for breakfast.*

Kagome: Hi, Mom. What's for breakfast?

Kagome's Mom: *Smiles* Hello, Sweetheart. Here, I made pancakes. There's milk in the fridge and orange juice on the table.

*The gang, minus Sango `cause she already ate, and Miroku because he's wrapping Kagome's present, sit down to breakfast. Sango and Kagome's Mommy start setting up for the par-tae.*

Miroku: *Coming down the stairs* Mmm! I can smell the delicious breakfast from here! Ah, pancakes!

*Miroku sits down across from Sango as she casts a frosty glare in his direction.*

Miroku: *Whispering to Inu-Yasha* I take it from her cold glare that Sango knows of the events that took place this morning?

Inu-Yasha: Duh, idiot. She was there. Well, after you were knocked out, but she was still there.

Miroku: *Accusingly* You mean after you knocked me out! Why is it that everyone has taken to whacking me in the head?

Inu-Yasha: *Shruggles* Fun?

*The gang finishes their breakfast and spends the remainder of the day before 7 o'clock decorating and making preparations.*

~My Conscience~: Why don't you have them do stupid or funny things here instead of that bland little sentence?

~Me~: `CAUSE I'M TOO DARNED LAZY, THAT'S WHY!!

*Hey, it's seven! Deal with it!*

*Kagome hurries to the door, smoothing the wrinkles out of her new top. It's a red turtle neck with no sleeves. Her mother gave it to her just for the party. The doorbell rings again as she quickly checks her reflection in the mirror across from the door. Opening the door wide, Kagome cheerily greets Yuki, Chiharu, Rika and Nikki, ushering them inside.*

*Note: YES, I DO KNOW THAT THE LAST 3 NAMES ARE FROM ANOTHER OF RUMIKO TAKAHASHI'S AMAZING WORKS!! (Card Captor Sakura) SO SUE ME! I COULDN'T REMEMBER KAGOME'S FRIEND'S NAMES AND CALLING THEM FRIENDS #1, 2, AND 3 WAS JUST TOO CONFUSING. Oh, and I didn't make up a name for Kagome's Mummeh `cause I'm lazy. LAZEH AND PROUD!*

~My Conscience~: WHERE'S THE SUGAR, DARNIT! I KNOW YOU'RE HIDING SOME!!!

Kagome: *Smiling merrily* Hi, guys! Come on in! Um, this is Sango, Miroku, Shippo, Kirara, and I think you've already met Inu-Yasha… heh, heh, heh… *Kagome points to each guest in turn as she introduces them, stopping, embarrassed, at Inu-Yasha. Not long ago, Yuki had insisted that Kagome dump Inu-Yasha after hearing Kagome's angry and not-so-flattering description of him. Kagome had defended her less-than-secret crush but it did not help her case when he had stormed in and tried to drag her off to the Feudal Era.*

Yuki: *Smiling* Hello! *Stops at Inu-Yasha* Ah, yes. I remember you. *Cold stare* If you ever hurt my poor Kagome's feelings I'll hunt you down and cause you unimaginable pain!! I'LL FORCE YOU TO WATCH… SPONGEBOB SQUAREPANTS!!!

*Kagome, Kagome's Mummeh, Sota, Grandpa and Kagome's assembled friends (minus Yuki, of course!) scream in terror at the unholy hell dimension awaiting Inu-Yasha if he ever hurt "poor Kagome's feelings".*

~Me~: I HATE SPONGEBOB!!! DIE YOU UNHOLY DEMON-SPAWN OF THE SEVENTH HELL!!!! DIEEEEEEEEEEE!!!! DIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!

~My Conscience~: DIEEEEE YOU EVIL ABOMINATION, SPONGE OF UNTOLD HELLS!!! DIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!

~Me~: Oh my gosh! O.o They carted off my conscience before me! I never thought I'd see the day… or evening in this case…

Inu-Yasha: SAY THAT TO ME AGAIN, WENCH!

Kagome: GUYS! Save the fighting for after the party!! Now is time for SUPER-HERO FUN!! ONWARD TO THE BASEMENT AND THE BIGSCREEN TV!! W00T! X-1, 2 and 1.5 HERE-A VEE COME!!!

Aeryn: Um, Sarah? This is what we're doing at your party…

~Me~: What? Running in terror from Spongebob Evilpants fans? *GIGGLEFITZ!! DIEZ LAUGHING!!! MOO FAH FAH!!! My compy told me that `evilpants' was spelled wrong so I clicked it and it said it should be `evil pants'!!! HAAHAAHAAHEEHEEHEE!!! EVIL PANTS!! THERE ARE EVIL PANTS!!! THE PANTS ARE EVIL!!! EEEEEEEEEEVIIIIIIIIILLLLL!! MOO FAH FAH FAH FAH FAH!!!

Aeryn: Um, no. We're watching the X-Men movies. Remember? You just got X-Men 1.5. I'm bringing the other 2 if you no find and buy them in time… Is any of this ringing a bell?

~Me~: Why of course! Kagome and her friends are just settling down to watch the movies!

Aeryn: You have a problem!

~Me~: I KNOW! *Sobs* I'M ADDICTED TO FURCADIA!!

Frankie: I KNEW IT WAS ADDICTIVE!! YOU LIED TO ME!! YOU'RE A LIAR!!!!

Aeryn: I meant with X-Men… but that Furcadia thing does explain a lot!

~Me~: Oh, yeah, I'm addicted to that, too. Pfft! Scott, Bobby, Kurt; they are not hot! WOLVERINE IS MINE!! I have problems… I'M A WIGGLE WORM!!!

Aeryn: I think I'll go before I'm sucked into the lawsuit that Amber Panyko will be filing against you once she sees all the stuff you've stolen…

~Me~: IT'S ONLY ONE SENTENCE!!! I ASKED FOR PERMISSION!!!

Frankie: I go too!! No lawsuit forra me!

~Me~: … DITCHERS!! ME BEEN DITCHED!!! *Something snaps, sanity sets in.* I'M A PRETTY FLUFFLE! GIVE ME BACK MY POOL MONKEY!! NO! NO MR. BRIGHT-JACKET, NO DOPE-PUPPIES TODAY!! I BRING OPRAH!! I BRING PURPLE FOR LUNCH!!! IT FREE WITH PURCHASE!!

Kagome: Okay! There's pop in the fridge-down the hall, to your right-and I have the chips and popcorn! Moveh tawm!!

*Kagome puts in the X-Men DVD and settles down beside Inu-Yasha. Sango grabs a floor pillow, sits down beside Miroku in front of the large TV and strokes Kirara, nestled in a blanket on her lap. Shippo and Sota choose seats on the steps, carrying on a whispered, and seemingly hilarious, conversation. Yuki, Chiharu, Rika and Nikki sit gingerly on the large couch along the back wall, opting to sit as far away from the strange hanyou as possible. Just as Kagome presses `play' the doorbell sounds again.*

Kagome: DANGIT! EVERY TIME! I'll be right back… *Mutters as she climbs the stairs.*

*Kagome reaches the door and wrenches it open, still annoyed at having to pause one of her favourite movies. She freezes at the new arrival.*

Koga: HI! HAPPY BIRTHDAY! CAN I COME IN?!

Kagome: *Slaps Koga, slams door, screams* AAAAAARRGH!!! STUPID GIT! STAY WAY!! HOW YOU GET HERE LEAVE ME `LONE!!

*Drawn by the loud screaming coming from the entrance way, all present in the house appear, puzzled as to why Kagome chose now to have a mental breakdown.*

Inu-Yasha: *Concerned* Kagome! What's wrong?! Are you hurt?!

Kagome's Mummeh: *Worried* Kagome, Honey, are you all right? What's going on?

Sota: Hey, Sis! Snap out of it! Come on! Are you okay?!

Sango: *Opening the door at another ring of the bell.* Oh. It's you… Get lost, jerk!

Inu-Yasha: *Angrily* KOGA, YOU DIRTY-BLOODED JERK!! NO ONE ASKED YOU TO COME!!!! GET OUT OF HERE NOW!!! AND HOW IN THE HECK DID YOU EVER MAKE IT THROUGH THE WELL?!?!?! AND HOW DID YOU KNOW ABOUT KAGOME'S BIRTHDAY?!?!

Yuki: What the-? Another one of those weirdoes??

Inu-Yasha: *Angered by the insult* YOU DIE NOW!!

*Inu-Yasha prepares to attack the ignorant human but is stopped by Kagome. Kagome pushes Inu-Yasha out of sight of her present-era friends and says dangerously…*

Kagome: SIT.

*Kagome returns to the door, disgruntled.*

Kagome: *Vein-twitchingly* Yuki, could you please refrain from insulting my other friends. And Koga. You can stay for the movies, cake and prezzies. But then you GO! *Indicates door to emphasize her point, angrily.*

Koga: *Thinking* YUSH! I GOT IN! I GOT IN! *To Kagome:* Yes! Anything for my woman! Here's your gift! *Hands Kagome a small bouquet of flowers.*

Kagome: *Turns beet red.*

Inu-Yasha: *Clobbers Koga and beats him mercilessly.*

Chiharu: *Confused* His… woman??

*After the excitement dies down, the party-goers return to their previous seats in the basement. Koga takes the seat on the opposite side of Kagome as Inu-Yasha, confirming his deadness after the party… Kagome presses play once more and Professor X's voice rings out through the surround sound.*

*After X-1 and X-1.5*

Kagome: *Grabbing the X-2 DVD* OK! If anyone needs to use the bathroom, do so before the next DVD!

*Kagome returns to her seat, now only sitting beside Koga. Inu-Yasha had reluctantly gone to use the washroom. Kagome's not thrilled by her company but she knows that Koga won't try anything, not in a room filled with vury powerful people… Inu-Yasha returns in a flash, seating himself between Koga and Kagome. Kagome once again hits play and once again curses (not swore; cursed!) as the doorbell rings.*

Kagome: *Angry* YOU DIE, EVIL BELL OF MOVIE INTERRUPTIONS! *Kagome runs up the stairs and pulls the door open annoyedly.* Hello?!

Hojo: Um, hi, Kagome… Nikki and Yuki told me that you were having a birthday party today… Can I come in?

*Kagome stares disbelievingly. Yuki will pay for this one! How could she?! Now Kagome has three guys crushing on her, all at her birthday party! "It's my party and I'll cry if I want to, cry if I want to…"*

Kagome: *Stammering* Uh, sure Hojo, come-come on in. Ev-everyone's-everyone's down-downstairs. W-we're watching X-X-2…

*Kagome runs ahead of Hojo and nervously opens the door to the basement. She descends the stairs first and stands waiting at the bottom.*

Kagome: *Indicating each in turn.* This is Sango, Shippo, Miroku, Kirara, Koga and … Inu-Yasha… *Kagome pauses before saying Inu-Yasha's name, staring into the hanyou's eyes.*

Sango: Hi. I'm Sango. What's your name? *Sango reaches out a hand to Hojo.*

Hojo: *Shaking Sango's hand slowly.* Um, Kagome introduced you already. I'm Hojo…

*Kagome settles herself down beside Inu-Yasha again, followed by Hojo on her other side. Inu-Yasha growls at the new arrival but settles back into the couch to watch the next movie. Kagome presses play and leans back also.*

*After X-2. Boy, these movies sure seem a lot longer when you're actually watching them O.o …*

Kagome: *Standing up and looking around.* So, who's up for cake?!

*Answered positively and unanimously by eleven enthusiastic voices Kagome invited everyone to follow her upstairs to the kitchen for the cake cutting.*

Kagome's Mummeh: All right everyone! It's time to sing `Happy Birthday'! Sota, will you please turn off the lights?

*Sota hits the lights and all present, minus Kagome `cause it's her birfdae, Inu-Yasha `cause he doesn't know it, and Koga `cause he thinks it's stupid, sing `Happy Birthday' to Kagome. Kagome had taught Miroku, Sango and Shippo the words to the birfdae tune earlier but Inu-Yasha had opted out of the lesson.*

Kagome's Mummeh: *Hands Kagome the cake-cutter knife.* Here, Kagome. You can cut the cake. *Smiles.*

Kagome: *Smiles back.* Okay! Who wants the first piece?!

Shippo: *Jumping up and down, waving his arms frantically.* OOH! ME!! MEE!! PICK ME!! I WANT THE FIRST PIECE!!

Kagome: *Laughing at the adorable antics of her favourite kitsune, Kagome passes the first piece of the large birthday cake to Shippo.* Here, Shippo. Grab a fork. *Lifting another cake-laden plate, Kagome enquires:* Who's next?!

*Soon, all the guests and family members had a piece of the delicious, white cake with rainbow sprinkle icing.*

~My Back-up Conscience~: Okay, HALT! Why are you describing the cake?!?! ME WANT CAKE NOW! URGH! Just dish it out!

~Me~: AHEM! AS I WAS SAYING! *Soon, all the guests and family members had a piece of the delicious, white cake with rainbow sprinkle icing. Inu-Yasha was fighting with Koga over who had been given the bigger piece by Kagome. Hojo was being given lessons on asking a girl out by Yuki. Shippo was busy stealing the cake from unwary guests. Overall it was a good party.*

Kagome's Mummeh: I think it's time for presents!

Kagome: YAY! PREZZIES!! *Leaps up and runs into the living room to sit in front of the humongous pile of prezzies!*

Shippo: OPEN MINE FIRST!!! OPEN MINE FIRST!!! *Snatches his prezzie for Kagome from the top of the pile and tosses it to her to open.*

Kagome: *Smiles excitedly* OKAY!! *Rips through the wrapping paper and tosses it aside. Kagome tears open the box to reveal a purple, v-neck sweater with a yield sign and a caption reading "Yield to the Princess"* AW! SHIPPO, I LOVE IT!! *Huggles Shippo.*

Sango: *Picks prezzie carefully from the bottom of the pile and hands it to Kagome.* Here, Kagome; mine's next!

Kagome: YAY! PREZZIE! *Kagome discards the wrapping paper swiftly, focused on the gift inside.* AW, YES!! THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS, BOXED-SET EDITION!! THANK YOU! I'VE JUST BEEN TOO LAZY TO GO BUY IT!!!

Hojo: Here, Kagome. Open mine now. *Hojo holds out the silver-wrapped gift to Kagome who warily accepts it.*

Kagome: Um, okay, Hojo. *Kagome carefully unwraps the third gift, not wanting to rip the beautiful paper. Inside lies a glass sculpture of a dove.* Oh, thank you, Hojo! It's beautiful!

*Inu-Yasha starts to stand in order to stomp Hojo into the ground but freezes as Kagome reaches for his gift.*

Kagome: This one's from Inu-Yasha… *Kagome turns her sweet smile on the hanyou and his cheeks turn red, fearing that she will not like the gift he so carefully crafted. Kagome delicately removes the paper from the wooden box, staring in awe for several seconds at the beauty of the simple box. Red symbols and pictures play across the plain wood, concealing Inu-Yasha's gift. Kagome opens the box slowly; exposing a navy blue-beaded necklace with several white fangs, exactly identical to the one Inu-Yasha wears around his neck. Kagome and her feudal era friends knew at once what this meant; Inu-Yasha was telling Kagome that he did love her. Of course, there are always those ignorant idiots who will ruin a perfect Kodak moment!!* Oh, Inu-Yasha, I love it! Thank you so much!

Yuki: What are you thanking him for? That is such an awful colour choice! Hideous!

*After dumping Yuki outside, Grandpa returns to the `opening ceremonies', heh, heh, heh! Yes, I do think I'm clever!*

Kagome: Look, Grandpa! Chiharu got me some new notebooks and some drawing pencils! And Nikki got me "The Usual Suspects" on DVD!! Oh, and Rika and Yuki got me the jeans I wanted from Stitches!

Grandpa: *Sweatdrop…* You sure do open a lot of presents quickly… Anyway, it's time you opened my present, Kagome!

Kagome: *Thinking* Oh, great… what is it this year? A shrunken head? The foot of a rabbit demon? *To Grandpa:* Great! I can't wait to see what it is!

*Grandpa reaches behind the couch and produces an odd, rounded package of sorts. Kagome accepts it reluctantly. Ripping open the present with an attempt at the usual vigor, Kagome throws aside the paper and lets the cloth roll out. It's a yukata, a light summer kimono.*

Kagome: *Sincerely happy* Oh, Grandpa!! Thank you SO much! It's wonderful! *Standing up, Kagome holds the yukata up to her body to see what it would look like. It's a light, sky blue with an orange goldfish pattern. As she shakes it out, a second bundle of cloth thuds onto the floor. Bending down, Kagome picks it up and returns to her seat to examine it more closely. It's a second Yukata, but this one is obviously meant to be worn in the Feudal Era. It is deep red and ebony; the colours flatter Kagome's complexion.* Grandpa, this one is perfect, too! Thank you!

Grandpa: *Smiles* I'm glad you like my gift. *Thinking* FINALLY! That's the first gift she's liked in over 4 years!

Miroku: Well, how about my gift last?! *Holds up a pink-clad gift box.*

Kagome: *Put-off by Miroku's over-enthusiasm* Um, okay. *Takes the box from the monk. Kagome unties the white-ribbon bow holding the box shut and shakes it so the bottom of the box lands in her lap. Setting aside the top of the box Kagome looks inside.* EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEKKKKK!!! *Drops box.*

Miroku: *Put-off by Kagome's shriek* I thought burgundy was your colour…

Sango: *Reaches over and pulls the offensive gift from the box.* MIROKU, YOU LECH!! NEVER, NEVER, BUY LINGERIE FOR A CLOSE FRIEND!! *Kwaps Miroku upside the head.*

Inu-Yasha: *Mutters yet fears the wrath of women united…* Told you…

Kagome's Mummeh: YOUNG MAN! WHAT WERE YOU THINKING?!

Miroku: *Cowers from the evil, scary glare of a mommeh sensing danger or bad intentions aimed at her child.* I-I just…

Koga: I think it's a great gift!

*Koga gets kwapped by nearly everyone present.*

Nearly All: QUIET, YOU!

*After Miroku is punished in several ways by several party guests, Kagome and Inu-Yasha head outside to talk.*

Kagome: *Shyly* Inu-Yasha… Does this necklace mean that you… love me? That you want to be with me?

Inu-Yasha: What?! It wasn't obvious?! GRR! I'm going to get Kaede for this!!

Kagome: *Sweatdrop* Oh, my goodness… No, Inu-Yasha, it was obvious, I just wanted you to tell me how you feel.

Inu-Yasha: *Thinking* Dangit! *To Kagome:* I… love… you… *Inu-Yasha's face turns a deeper shade of red than his kimono which he is not wearing now because he had to change for the party.*

Kagome: *Blushes* I love you, too, Inu-Yasha.

Koga: *Runs past in nothing but boxers.* I KEEL YOU, EVIL KITSUNE!!

Sota: Hiya! Shippo stole Koga's cake and Koga wanted revenge… I have no idea how he lost his clothes… O.o

Credits:

~ That's the end!

~ A special thanks goes out to Amber Panyko for allowing me to use some of her brilliant ideas from her comic "Dan and Mab's Furry Adventures"! A.K.A. DMFA! It's awesome!

~ You can check it out here: http://www.MissMab.com/

~Also, thank you to all my friends who contributed! If you see your stuff, pretend that I'm thanking you here!

~ Bai bai! I'm off to read DMFA!