InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Harry Potter with Inuyasha and the Lost Kingdom ❯ Stuck in a Hole ( Chapter 11 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Stuck in a Hole
 
Jhanie was pacing around the Gryffindor common room. “Jhanie, relax” Sango said, “it's not like its yo--”. “RELAX! RELAX! ONE OF OUR BEST FRIENDS, NAMELY AEASE, HAS JUST BEEN EXPELLED. WHAT ARE WE SUPPOSED TO DO JUST SIT HERE AND DO NOTHING????!!!!!” Jhanie screamed and falling dramatically in her chair. “And what are we, chopped liver?” Kags muttered. “No, I didn't mean -- ” Jhanie started. “Oh forget Jhanie, Aease has always been your favorite, actually, Lyra too, you guys have always been in that little tight group of yours.” Sango cut off. “Uh, that is kinda true,” Miroku said cautiously. Jhanie gave him a menacing stare and for a few moments the whole room was silent. All that could be heard was the crackling of the fire. “WELL THEN SCREW YOU!!!!!!!!” Jhanie suddenly screamed as she ran out of the room, she paused in the doorway, “I at least thought you would do something” she said to InuYasha before slamming the door behind her. Harry, Ron, Hermione, Ginny, Fred, and George looked as if they had just been slapped across the face by an invisible force. Neither of them had ever heard Jhanie curse at her friends before. Fred moved closer to InuYasha, “Uh, does this normally happen?” he asked, “Does what?” InuYasha asked back, “You, know, Jhanie, cursing at her friends,” InuYasha thought for a moment, “I've never heard her say anything like this to anyone of her friends before,” he said still thinking. Sango and Kags had already stormed off to their room while Lyra followed.
“Guys, give her a break, Aease has just been expelled, you could at least be a little sympathetic.” Lyra said. “It's true though, what Sango said, you, Aease, and Jhanie had always been in a tight little group.” Kags said. “Hey, don't blame this on me” Lyra said. “It's not your fault -- ” Sango started. “It's not hers either,” Lyra finished. “InuYasha's parents got divorced when he was only six months old. I'm sure he couldn't remember but might have been told -”. “What does this have to do with Jhanie?” Kags asked, but Lyra held up her hand and continued speaking. “After that InuYasha and Sesshy stayed with their father and he got remarried. A few months later their father and his new wife had given birth to Jhanie. When Jhanie was five, InuYasha six, and Sesshy seven, a mysterious fire had hit their house and both their parents died. Once the fire had gone out the three went to collect the remainder of their belongings. Before Jhanie left she found a crystal, she put it in the locket that her parents gave her when she was a baby, that same crystal is in that same locket around her neck today. Now you're probably wondering what this has to do with Aease and me right?” Kags and Sango both nodded. “I'm getting there,” Lyra continued. “So Sesshy and InuYasha were alone without anybody and they had a five year old toddler to look after. InuYasha and Sesshy left to find shelter and food, but after a few days they hadn't returned. That's when Jhanie met Aease and me. As you guys know, Aease and I are cousins. Our homes had also been destroyed, we met while finding Jhanie in tears. When we asked her what was wrong she told us about what had happened. For the next two years we made our living and got our food by begging. Once we were seven we had to steal, no one had any pity for us now that we were older. So we stole little things, like food, and clothing. We were known as the invisible thieves. Anyway, for once we were spotted and were run out of our village. Luckily we had come by another village. We had been trained for a few years in a special school as we learned that we were demons. And when we were ten, -” “You met us” Sango interrupted. “And you know the rest” Lyra finished.
After a couple minutes of silence, “I don't get it,” Kags said, “how come she never told us about it?” “Jhanie doesn't like to talk about the past, or hers anyway. All she can do is look into the future” Lyra said. “I guess I didn't help that we said those things to her.” Sango said. “We're such jerks,” Kags said. “I can't blame you, it is kinda true.” Lyra said. “We should go apologize,” Sango said. “Not now, I think we're all tired. I'll find her, you guys go off to sleep” Lyra said. She set off to find Jhanie.
Meanwhile, Jhanie had snuck into the dungeons. She thought that since Aease had been expelled there, it would help her think of a way to get her back. Lyra knew how Jhanie's mind worked so she found her in less than ten minutes after she left. “Hello hey,” she said
“Hi” Jhanie said in a unemotional voice. Lyra knew that Jhanie almost never cried. She had never seen Jhanie cry except for when they first met.
“You okay?” Lyra asked.
“Yea, I'm alright, how's Kags and Sango?”
“They're fine. Tired?”
“Exhausted.”
“You wanna come up to the common room?”
“Yea,” Jhanie gave Ly a hug and they both left.
The next day Jhanie was still pacing only on the grounds. It was a chilly day and they each had their jackets. “Thought of anything yet?” asked Ron. “Nope, still thinking” Lyra said as she joined Jhanie pacing. Jhanie looked around for something to inspire her, but nothing helped.
“Hey Potter” a voice sneered from behind. “Malfoy,” Harry muttered. “Holy shit” Jhanie said. “What you do to this girl?” Malfoy asked nodding his head towards Jhanie, “put a curse on her or something?” “What are you talking about Malfoy?” asked Ron. “There's got to be a reason why she left the greatest house in the magical world” Malfoy said. Sango giggled and Kags elbowed her. Jhanie was staring menacingly at Malfoy. Just then she grinned. Everybody was examining Jhanie to see what she was grinning about. But Lyra knew that the light bulb just went off in Jhanie's head. “Uh, what's wrong with Jhanie?” Hermione whispered in Lyra's ear. “She's got an idea” Lyra whispered back. Just then Jhanie did her big one thousand watt smile. “Malfoy, uh, Draco, walk with me.” Jhanie said. As they started walking everybody turned to look at what was happening. They saw Jhanie curling her hair, making a sad face, and her irresistible puppy dog pout. She looked as if she was convincing a parent to give her something. “…so you see that's why I switched houses. I'm really sorry,” Jhanie said when she came back. “Alright I forgive you,” Malfoy said. “Thanks! You're the best,” Jhanie said. Malfoy left with Crabbe and Goyle at his side. “What was that all about?” asked Sesshy. “I just thought of a way to get Aease back and I stopped Harry from being cursed by Malfoy in less than ten minutes, I am so good. “Yea, and you're an awesome actress.” Hermione said half joking.
That night they all gathered in the Gryffindor common room. “So, what's this great idea of yours?” asked Fred. “Well, I decided that we would frame Malfoy” Jhanie said. “How?” asked Ron. “Well, we're going to go to Dumbledore and Snape and tell them that Malfoy was putting curses on her, basically” Lyra cut in. “Okay, maybe that might work for the detention. But it definitely won't work for why she missed class. Malfoy was there in class remember?” Harry said. “Well this is exactly how its going to work” Jhanie said. “First we'll stick to the excuse I made about her being sick and going to Madame Promfrey.” “Then, we'll tell him that while Aease was walking down to see you for detention, Malfoy had told her that the detention was cancelled.” Lyra said. “But, Aease still wanted to make sure, so she tried going down to the dungeons, but Malfoy wouldn't stop putting curses on her. And by the time she got there, detention was almost over.” Jhanie continued. “But didn't Aease tell Snape that other story?” asked InuYasha. “Yes, but Malfoy also put a curse on her that made her lie” Lyra answered. “And what if they ask Malfoy?” Sesshy asked. “We thought of that too” Jhanie said. “Well, of course Malfoy would say no, even though he didn't do it, but of course if Malfoy did do it then he would lie. So Snape and Dumbledore would obviously suspect that and would use a Truth Potion, however in this case we would not need such a strong one.” Lyra said. “This is where we need Hermione,” Jhanie said. Hermione looked up, “Me?” she asked. “Yep,” Jhanie replied, “I happen to know for a fact that there is a substance out there that can reverse a truth potion. I need one that is mild, not weak, but mild.” “I'm on it” Hermione replied, and she raced down to the library. “When is this going to happen?” asked Kags. “As soon as Hermione can find the substance that can reverse the potion” Lyra said. “We're going to need more people, but not too many. I know that Lyra, and I are going, but we're gonna need some boys or it'll look like it was staged.” Jhanie said. “I'll go,” said Harry, “Me too” InuYasha said. “What can we do?” asked George. “You can try to find out where Aease could be, right now none of us have any contact with her and we have no idea where she is. Kags and Sango, you can check places in America and Tokyo. Everyone else, try place here in England.”
That night, they were ready, Jhanie and Lyra went to Dumbledore. To their luck Snape was in Dumbledore's study. “Professor Dumbledore, we need to talk to you sir” said Jhanie. “Actually we need to talk to the both of you,” Lyra said looking at Snape. “Very well then, what is it you have to discuss?” Dumbledore asked. “As you know, Aease has been expelled” Jhanie said. “Yes, I'm afraid so” Dumbledore replied. “We have been thinking about this over and over and somehow there cannot be a way that Aease was late.” Lyra said. “Are you calling me a liar?” asked Snape surprisingly. “No, its just that, Aease left ten minutes before she was supposed to meet Professor Snape. I don't have an explanation of why she was so late but she couldn't have been. I know there has to be a reason” Jhanie said. “Well, I'm very sorry Jhanie but -” Dumbledore was cut off by Harry and InuYasha running into the study. Their faces had gone pale and they had been breathing heavily. “Harry! InuYasha! What's wrong?” asked Lyra. “Malfoy,” Harry said. “Malfoy?” Jhanie asked, “What did Malfoy do to you?” “You won't believe what Malfoy just told us” said InuYasha still breathing heavily. “Maybe you guys should sit down,” Jhanie said. Once the boys had caught their breath they began to explain. “We were on our way to get you guys because we knew it would be hopeless if you didn't have an explanation. On the way we ran into Malfoy” InuYasha said. “He asked us where we were going and why. That's when he started to laugh, we asked him what was so funny and he told us that he told Aease that Professor Snape had sent him to tell her that the detention had been cancelled.” “Then he told us that Aease had said she would want to check to make sure that it was for tonight” Harry started.
He looked straight into Jhanie's eyes. Jhanie had told him that if he made strong eye contact it looked convincing. Harry wasn't good at this, he didn't like lying to Dumbledore. But as he looked into Jhanie's eyes he could see something that he saw in his own when he looked into the mirror. Something missing that could never be replaced. He understood that Jhanie needed Aease back. That gave him strength to keep looking into her eyes and finish what he started saying. “But Malfoy told us that he kept putting curses on her so she would be really late.” “I don't understand” Lyra said, “Why would Malfoy tell you all this?” “He seemed like he was getting a kick out of it” InuYasha replied. “I guess he thought that Professor Dumbledore and Professor Snape wouldn't believe us if we told them.” “But, didn't Aease tell Professor Snape that she fell asleep or something?” asked Jhanie. “Yea but Malfoy told us that put a lying curse on her” Harry said. Meanwhile Dumbledore and Snape were listening carefully. “You don't actually believe this Albus, do you?” asked Snape. “I would like to, but I'm afraid that you don't have any proof that Malfoy had actually said this.” Dumbledore said. “We could ask him” said Lyra hopefully, “Like he'd admit to all of this” Jhanie replied. “Good point,” Lyra replied, “if only there was someway we could make him tell the truth.” “Severus, we might be on to something. Come, we will go to the dungeons and get a mild Truth Potion. Then if Malfoy says no, we will have to use the potion.”
They followed Snape down to the dungeons, he looked as though he had just been punched in the stomach. Lyra and Jhanie followed him into the dungeon. Snape took the potion and put it on the table. “Hey Professor,” said Jhanie taking a blue substance off the shelf, “what does this do?” “Put that back, that is for tomorrow's lesson, its Gillyweed” Snape snapped. While he was arranging the order, Lyra pulled out the substance that would reverse the potion and stuck into in bottle, then she shook it and put it back. They walked to the Slytherin common room. Malfoy was in there, Snape signaled him to come out. “Hey Jhanie,” he said reaching to lean against the wall, but he fell face down on the floor. Jhanie couldn't help giggling. Lyra pinched her arm also trying to hold her laughter. “Did you refrain Aease from getting to her detention with Professor Snape?” asked Dumbledore. “No” he said. “Severus” said Dumbledore. Snape put two drops of the truth potion in Malfoy's mouth. “Did you refrain Aease from getting to her detention with Professor Snape?” Dumbledore asked again. “Yes,” he said. “Back to your common room, Dumbledore said, I'll deal with Malfoy.” Dumbledore said. They walked to the Gryffindor common room in silence afraid that they would have been overheard. Once they walked in they all saw Kags, Hermione, Sango, Fred, George, Sesshy, and Ron with their eyes half closed. “What happened?” asked Hermione in an exhausted voice. “Did it work?” asked George. “Yep,” said Jhanie. All their eyes immediately opened up. We found out where Aease is. “Great, where?” asked InuYasha. “At the leaky cauldron,” replied Ron. “Well let's give her a call.” Lyra said. Kags dialed the phone number. “Hello?” said a voice “Can you please connect us to Aease?” asked Sango. “Sure, one minute,” he said. A few seconds later a voice said “Hello?” “Hi Aease” they sang. “Hey you guys” she said sleepily, “what's up” “ obviously not you, but I'll tell you whats up” Jhanie said. “Jhanie and I just thought of an ah-mazing way to get you back, and it worked. So take the portal and come back to Hogwarts tomorrow morning.” Lyra said. “Oh and Aease,” Jhanie said, “yea?” asked Aease. “Do us a favor and try not to get your ass kicked out of school again” Jhanie said. Aease laughed, “I won't, night everybody.” “Night” they all said and hung up. “Omg, I need to go to sleep or I'll pass out” said Hermione. They all agreed.