InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Heir to the Western Lands ❯ Birth ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Yo.

KOUGA: The author said hi....

I think they understood that....

KOUGA: But some people are dumb and don’t know stuff....

Kouga.....

KOUGA: yes?

What’s three plus eleven?

KOUGA: .........

That’s what I thought.

------------------------------------------------------------------------ ---------------------------------

Disclaimer: Okay, I will say this once and only once, so get it through your heads people that I don’t own Inu Yasha or his group’s likeliness, he belongs solely to Rumiko Takahashi *the lucky dog*!!!! ((Although I did come up with Inu Tashio *not the name, just the personality*, Canis, Kimi, Tsume, Shonenkage, Lupa, Kitsa, Kiro, Mikata, and Temo))

------------------------------------------------------------------------ ---------------------------------

Heir to the Western Lands

Chapter 1: Birth


Cries tore through the hospital’s maternity ward.

A young man, no older than eighteen, paced back and forth in front of double doors. His clothing attire was odd, looking like he had just walked out the warring states era or something. ((KY: lololololol)) A pair of bright red hakamas and matching haori adorned this strange boy. On his head he wore a yellow and green had with red letters that said “Dog-Boy”. Two triangular fuzzy silver ears poked out of the top of it.

Under his hat was a mane of silvery-white hair that reached his waist. His bangs nearly hung over his gold-ish amber eyes. Amber eyes, that, at the moment, were filled with worry and anger.

Worry for his mate, Kagome, whom was currently giving birth to his son in the other room.

His anger was directed at the doctors, whom had told him –after trying to strangle one of the doctors because his instincts were going berserk– to wait out in the lobby with the other family members. The only reason he didn’t let himself tear those doctors limb from limb was that his mate had told him to listen to the *ahem* nice doctors.

Inu Yasha growled an his ears flattened painfully against his cap. His instincts were hammering into his brain to go into that room and tear everything apart and stop whom ever was causing Kagome this much pain.

Kagome’s mother was sitting patiently in a chair, reading a magazine, you couldn’t really tell she was worried, but if you looked hard enough, you could see her mouth twitch into a worried frown every now and then.

Souta, Kagome’s brother, had fallen asleep about half an hour into labor. But considering that labor had started at around three o’clock in the morning, Inu Yasha really couldn’t blame the kid.

The grandfather didn’t take his eyes off of the young hanyou pacing in front of him. Gramps had come to trust Inu Yasha, but not to the point of stupidity.

Suddenly, the cries stopped, as did Inu Yasha’s pacing.

Instead of Kagome’s cries, a babies started up.

Inu Yasha felt his heart constrict for a moment, and his ears twitched forward. He relaxed, however, when he heard Kagome’s steady breathing coming from the other room.

His muscles strained from staying in place and being held back. Finally, a young doctor in a white coat pushed the double doors wide and walked into the waiting room.

Everyone in the room went tense, waiting for what he had to say.

“Is there a Higurashi Inu Yasha-san here please?” he said ((Inu Yasha and Kagome had gotten married in her time, and he took her surname because he didn’t have one ^_~)).

Inu Yasha was standing in front of him before he could blink an eye.

“Yes? Yes? Well speak man! How is she?! How is my son?!”

The doctor blinked, then cleared his voice, “Yes, both are healthy and doing fine.”

The white-coated man smiled warmly, “What would you like to name your son, Inu Yasha-san?”

It was Inu Yasha’s turn to smile warmly now, “Kagome an me talked about this earlier. His name is gonna be Higurashi Inu Tashio, after my father. Okay, okay, there’s a name, now can I see my mate and son now!?”*

The doctor nodded, and when he looked up, the young man was gone.

*~*~*~*~*~*

Inu Yasha approached his mate’s room quietly. Peering in, he saw Kagome sitting in a bed, gently rocking a bundle of blankets in her arms. She looked very worn out and tired, but he could smell her happiness well over ten feet from her room.

He walked in silently. “Kagome?” he whispered tentatively. She looked up at him and gave him a gentle and warm smile and placed a finger on her lips, motioning for him to be silent.

Inu Yasha nodded and then quietly padded over to where she sat and looked down at the small bundle in his mate’s arms.

The dog hanyou looked on in awe at his baby son. He had midnight black hair, identical to his father’s when in human form, and his mother’s on a daily basis.

The baby yawned, then sleepily opened his eyes to gaze at his father. He eyes were beautiful, bright demonic blue, just as all pups were at his age. They would darken up in a week or two to a dull brown, and then lighten up once again to a light golden brown.

Curiosity was clearly in his eyes as he studied his father. Then the newborn smiled, and Kagome gave a violent start, looking down at her grinning child.

Inu Yasha smirked back, but then looked towards the surprised Kagome worriedly.

“What’s wrong, koishi?” He asked.

Kagome glanced up at Inu Yasha, and then at her son. A bit confused, she said, “That’s weird. Babies shouldn’t be able to smile until they’re about four months/weeks ((O.o I forget which one *ducks flying tomatoes* It’s a four something!!!)) old. What do you think is going on Inu Yasha?”

Inu Yasha laughed, apparently thinking it was funny.

Kagome huffed and asked in a hurt voice, “What’s so funny about that, Dog-boy?”

Inu Yasha grinned down at her, then bent over and gave her a light kiss on the forehead. “Because mate,” he said, “he is part youkai, and we grow faster in the beginning than humans do. We need to, to survive. He’ll probably be walking by the time he’s four months old. But, maybe because he has my blood running through his veins (he looked down proudly at them saying this), he will walk before that.”

“Inu Yasha?” Kagome asked.

“Yes mate?” he replied.

“Why is his hair black and eyes blue, and how come he has human ears and no claws?”

Inu Yasha sat down and pulled Kagome and his son into his lap, “Tonight’s his birth-night, and that also makes it his human night.” He pulled back the curtains to show Kagome the full mooned night.

“When the moon is at it’s peak, that’s his human night. We’ll need to remember that.”

Kagome’s mouth formed into and ‘oh’. She snuggled up into Inu Yasha’s frame, and laid her head onto his shoulder. She fell asleep almost instantly, and Inu Yasha laid her down gently on her bed.

Holding Inu Tashio in the crook of his arm, he looked down into his son’s eyes, and said the lines of an ancient rite. One that initiated him into his family, and would help him on his life’s path. Inu Yasha didn’t know where it came from, or how he knew it, but he guessed later that it was buried somewhere deep within his instincts. And he recited:

“Be strong, my pup. Let not others defend you when you can defend yourself.

Have courage, my pup. Stand up to those who dishonor your name with lies.

Be faithful, my pup. Do not stray easily when others lead you to safety.

Have wisdom, my pup. Do not follow others blindly, think about the choices you make critically.

And have love, my pup. For without love, one could never live in a life such as this.

Without these, my pup, an empty shell you shall be.

Do these, my pup. Live you life to the fullest. Strongly, courageously, faithfully, wisely, and lovingly.

Do these, my pup, and you shall be free.”

Inu Tashio’s eyes closed at the end of the rite, and Inu Yasha smiled. Sitting up with his sleeping child in his arms, Inu Yasha crawled under the covers with Kagome.

Pulling both members of his new family close to him, Inu Yasha breathed in their scents and slept peacefully.

Unbeknown to Inu Yasha, two tiny blue stripes formed on either cheek and a red-ish purple crescent moon appeared as the sun rose, telling the world that an heir had been born.

Son of Inu Yasha and Kagome: Inu Tashio.

Heir to the throne of the Western Lands.

------------------------------------------------------------------------ ------------------------

Whoopa!!! First chapter finished!!! ^^

CANIS: I think they figured that out already.....

*rolls eyes* Canis......

CANIS: yes?

Three plus eleven

CANIS:.........

That’s what I thought.

------------------------------------------------------------------------ ------------------------

Okay, this was really bothering me, and just so you guys know that I’m not totally atrocious at spelling and things like that, I had to correct Inu Yasha’s horrible grammar:

* “Kagome and I talked about this earlier. He is going to be named Higurashi Inu Tashio, after my father. Okay, okay, there’s a name, now may I see my mate and son now!?”

Oh, and just to tell you, there is ABSOLUTELY NO FOUL PLAY!!!!! Inu Tashio IS Inu Yasha and Kagome’s son. But his markings and why he got them will be explained later. ^^

Ja!