InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Heir to the Western Lands ❯ Sesshomaru ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
KOUGA: Wait......... I thought you said this fan fiction was going on hiatus.

I said I was adding more to it already!!!

KOUGA: You did? When?

LAST CHAPTER!!!!!!!

KOUGA: Oh....... you didn’t have to shout........ *pokes a finger in ear*

*sighs and shakes head* Oh! Fluffy’s introduced to the story this chapter!!! ^^

KOUGA: *sarcastically* Well whoop-dee-diddly-doo.

Better not let Nee-chan catch you saying that.

KOUGA: Nee-chan? I didn’t know you had a sister.

*smacks self* Ookami no baka. *Sigh* On with the story.....

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~< br />
Heir To The Western Lands

Chapter Three: Sesshomaru


A man walked slowly through the dark forest. There was no falter or roughness in his step, and it gave him the appearance that he was more gliding than walking.

Shadows from the thick woods gave the mad an eerie look to him, and his face did not give any indication of an expression, just a blank look.

If one looked close enough, they might be able to tell his mood by his eyes, but that in itself would take many years for one to master completely.

Golden amber eyes glowed, and the man paused, his pointy ears twitching ever so slightly, ready to catch the slightest sound at a whim. His silver locks of hair caught the slight breeze and drifted upward in a gently flowing motion.

Sesshomaru turned minimally and narrowed his glowing amber eyes.

*~*~*~*~*~*

Something twitched.


Soft silver ears moved in the smallest way possible.

She hoped that he wouldn’t notice.

He turned.

DAMN!

Silver-white hair was pulled into a low pony-tail at the nape of her neck.. She wore a white kimono with amazing embroidery on it. On the back was a stitched blue crescent moon, the same crescent moon that was on Sesshomaru’s forehead. On the end of each sleeve and each shoulder was a splash of red. Pentagonal shapes with flowers in them were sewn miscellaneously into the red patches of fabric.

She was barefoot, but it didn’t seem to bother her at all. Her feet had grown tough like a dog’s foot pad with all of her barefooted journeys through the forest.

Sesshomaru turned away from her, seemingly given up on hopes for another movement or sound.

Kaoru grinned evilly.

She had him now.

*~*~*~*~*~*

Sesshomaru sighed and counted down in his head.

3.......

2.......

1.......

He ducked as something leapt over his head yelling, “Got you!”

The girl missed.........

........and went flying over his head and into some bushes, rolling multiple times.

Shaking his head hopelessly, Sesshomaru walked behind the bushes and held out his left hand to help Kaoru up. Kaoru crossed her arms and pouted.

“I almost had you,” she said, sticking her head up arrogantly.

“No you did not,” Sesshomaru replied, amusement clearly laced in his voice.

Kaoru huffed, “I did too!”

Sesshomaru narrowed his eyes. He would not tolerate disrespect. “No you did not. I will not get into a pup-ish argument with you. Now go back to the castle. It is time for your studies from you mother and sister.”

Kaoru rolled her eyes and Sesshomaru gave her a warning growl.

Sighing and nodding her head submissively, Kaoru walked to the castle.

Time for lessons from her Haha-ue Naoki and Onee-san Rin.

*~*~*~*~*~*

Kaoru started.

There she went again, drifting off. She had nearly fallen asleep already, and it was only an hour into her studies, with two more to go! Sighing, Kaoru propped her head into her hand.

She listened to her mother Naoki drone on about her Ancestral Terrain, the Western Lands.

Sesshomaru opened the door, and all of them (Naoki, Rin and Kaoru) turned to look at him in surprise.

Sesshomaru didn’t interrupt lessons unless it was something important.

“Sesshomaru-sama?” Rin asked tentatively. He had asked her repeatedly to call him Chichi-ue or just plain Sesshomaru, but Rin had grown accustomed to calling him Sesshomaru-sama, and continued to do so.

“I am going on a journey to visit someone,” Sesshomaru announced.

Everyone blinked.

“Whom are you planning to visit, Chichi-ue?” Kaoru asked, thoroughly curious.

Sesshomaru sighed and rubbed his aching temples. “My half-brother, Inu Yasha,” he replied. Rin gasped, “But Milord! You haven’t seen or contacted your brother in well over thirteen years, Since the demise of the fiend Naraku!”

Sesshomaru nodded, “Yes, I know, but something has come to my attention that I must address urgently.” Naoki raised an eyebrow at her mate, “So I suppose that you are not going to inform us what is so urgent?”


The Lord shook his head. “You will be informed on my return. But,” he paused thoughtfully, and turned to look at them carefully, “I will be taking Kaoru with me.” Kaoru looked at him in shock.

“Why are you taking me with you? If I remember correctly, you had said before that I was not ready for the real world.”

He looked at Kaoru with piercing amber eyes. “You weren’t,” he replied. “Maybe for the physical strain, but definitely not the mental one. You are hanyou, not full demon, so most demons would scorn and attack you for being what you are. You are also not full human, so the humans would call you monster, demon or half-breed, refusing to see in any way shape or form that you are half human also.”

Sesshomaru caught his daughter’s glance. “Do not fret,” he said, “I will not let any one creature harm a hair on your head, human or youkai. Both fear or respect me, but most fear, so you should not worry.”

Kaoru nodded, still in a bit of shock. She was finally allowed to leave the castle and its grounds to go on an adventure!

After a brief talk with Naoki and Rin, Sesshomaru turned back to look at Kaoru, “Go get ready, and sleep well. We will leave early in the morning and will not rest or let up until mid-afternoon.”

Kaoru grinned and took off to her room, her studies forgotten. She couldn’t wait for tomorrow to come!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~< br /> Yay! *big grin*

CANIS: Another chapter, come and gone. Oh and one more thing.....

What?

CANIS: You didn’t put me in this chapter! *Pout*

What, did you actually expect to be in every chapter?

CANIS: YES!

Oh.... well, hate to burst your bubble, but you’re not.

CANIS: *sniff* where’s my agent?

*Give him a flat look* I AM your agent, I own you, remember?

CANIS: *miserably* Shut up