InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Help from the demon of another era ❯ After the battle ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Kagome found herself in a courtyard beside Inuyasha and the rest, before them stood Kagura with her fan,
“Where's Miroku?” asked Sango getting worried,
“He's fighting Kanna.” Replied Kagome,
“Who wants to volunteer to fight this one?” asked Kouga, everyone went silent; they all had wanted to fight Naraku up close,
“I'll do it.” Said Misa stepping up,
“No.” said Sesshoumaru.
“Why?” pleaded Misa,
“I agree with the stubborn lord.” Said Kagura bitterly, “He should fight me and I'll defeat him with ease.”
“What have you got against my lord?” asked Misa.
“When I seeked his help, he wouldn't help me.” Spat out Kagura, “So therefore I will get rid of him.”
Kagura threw an attack at Sesshoumaru, he dodged it quickly.
“You guys go ahead.” Said Misa, “You too Lord Sesshoumaru.”
“And leave you here? No way!” said Sesshoumaru, “Or have you forgotten that your carrying my pups?!”
“I know what I'm carrying!” yelled back Misa, “But I can handle her, I still have my stronger form.”
“Fine.” Said Sesshoumaru running after the others, “But if you die I'm gonna kill you!”
“How can you kill me if I'm already dead?!” asked Misa,
“I'll bring you back to life then kill you!” yelled back Sesshoumaru,
“Enough chit chat.” Said Kagura; she leapt forward towards the pregnant dog demon, Misa quickly dodged it and invaded the next attack with her spear with the two bladed ends.
“Fast.” Said Kagura, “but I'm faster!”
She leapt forward again and attacked her with her, then while still leaping towards her in the air, elbowed her in the cheek.
“Oww bitch that hurt!” yelled Misa, “Your gonna get it. Get it real good.”
Kagura smirked at the words then her face changed as Misa transformed into her giant dog demon form, with black fur and red eyes.
“Is that all you can do?” asked Kagura teasingly,
Misa smirked then faced the sky and started to howl, loud and long.
Kagura bent down from the noise screeching in her ears, in pain.
Misa quickly took the advantage to rake one of her claws across the floor and over Kagura, leaving a big ditch in the ground.
 
Inuyasha, Kagome, Sango, Shippo, Kirara and Sesshoumaru walked through another courtyard, where Kohaku stood waiting for them.
“Looks like you passed the others.” He said silently as he held out his sickle,
“How long to we get this over?” asked Kouga sarcastically,
“I'll deal with him.” Said Sango quietly,
“Are you sure?” asked Kagome,
“He is my brother,” replied Sango walking forward, “There is no better person to do this.”
“Ok.” Said Inuyasha, “Let's go.”
The rest followed him as he walked up some stairs and into a third courtyard,
“So when exactly are we gonna find Naraku?” asked Sesshoumaru.
“Right now.” Came a blood chilling voice from the shadows before them.
 
“Hurry up Kagome!” exclaimed Shippo, rushing towards Kagome as she emerged from the well. It had been a month since they had defeated Naraku, a month since that painful battle. Even though Inuyasha, Sesshoumaru and Kouga had fought most of the battle with Naraku, Sango, Shippo and Kagome had still been injured badly. Kikyo had been there as well, she was the one who had taken Naraku to hell along with her.
“Kagome?” asked Shippo, staring up at her,
“Oh yeah.” Said Kagome as she picked up the kitsune, “Let's go to the village now.”
She started walking towards the village, without noticing the figure sitting in the trees watching her.
Inuyasha blinked, making sure no one was there then hopped down from his hiding place.
Kikyo had told him to forget about her, she was just his friend.
“No Kikyo!” he had yelled back at her as the air around her started to glow, ready to take her, “Don't leave me!”
“Inuyasha!” she said sternly as she held onto Naraku, “I'll always be here in your heart. But you must understand, I have to leave now, it's my time.”
“But Kikyo you can't!” he yelled back at her, “I love you and you can't leave me again!”
“Love me? You don't love me Inuyasha.” Said Kikyo, pointing to Inuyasha's confused face then to the unconscious Kagome in his arms, “You never loved me, it was the girl you truly loved.”
“What are you talking about?! I have always loved you!” yelled Inuyasha,
“You thought you loved me, but that was only because I was your friend, your only friend.” Said Kikyo, “But since this girl came along, she has opened your heart more then I could ever. Whenever you could have been there to come with me to hell, you refused and helped this girl instead. You truly love her and you need to accept that.”
“But Kikyo-”
“No buts!” said Kikyo as she tightened her grip on Naraku, “Goodbye Inuyasha. May we meet again. And I hope that you come to realize your feelings for the girl.”
She had then disappeared, he and the others except for Misa, Sesshoumaru and Kouga had returned to the village for treatment.
`So I love Kagome aye?' he thought as he walked back to the village thinking about the past three years he had spent with her, `I guess I have, even if I had denied it.'
“Inuyasha!” he heard Kagome cry from the village, he smiled then leaped forward as fast as he could.
 
“Lord Sesshoumaru can we eat now?” complained Misa as they walked through the forest,
“Ok.” He replied as he sat down beside her and inspected her wounds,
“I'm ok,” she replied, as she picked up a match and lit up a fire, “God I'm starving.”
“You always are.” He smiled as he kissed her on the cheek,
“I think I'll cook the meat you caught the other day.” Exclaimed Misa as she hung it over the fire, “So do you think that after the pups are born we could go to the future and get some supplies?”
“Ok.” Said Sesshoumaru as he started to kiss her neck, not paying any attention,
“There it's ready!” exclaimed Misa as she held out the meat, then she clasped at her stomach in pain, “Oh my god! My water just broke!”
“Your water just broke?” asked Sesshoumaru as he kneeled down beside her, “What's wrong about breaking your water bottle? You could just get a new one.”
“No! I mean the babies are coming!” yelled Misa,
“But I thought they weren't due until another month?” asked Sesshoumaru,
“Well I think they want to come out now!” yelled Misa in pain, “Honestly, I think they get to choose when to come out!”
“Ok um…just relax and um…” said Sesshoumaru getting worried,
“You try and relax!” yelled Misa through her pain, “Do you think I'm really gonna have my pups out here?!”
“Good cause I don't know how to,” said Sesshoumaru as he picked her up bridal style and leaped off towards the nearest village
 
“Lady Kaedae!” yelled some villagers running up towards the old miko,
“What is it?” asked Kaedae as she looked up from tending to her garden,
“What's wrong?” asked Kagome as she ran out of the hut, followed by Inuyasha and Shippo,
“It's a demon, heading towards the village!” yelled one,
“It's carrying another demon with it.” Yelled another,
“It looks like Inuyasha!” panicked the third as he pointed at Inuyasha,
“Leave him be.” Said Inuyasha quietly,
“What do you mean?” asked Kagome,
“It's just my brother,” replied Inuyasha,
“But-” started Kagome,
“He'll have a good reason to come here.” Said Inuyasha calmly,
“Ok.” Said Kaedae.
 
“I need a doctor!” yelled Sesshoumaru as he entered the village, Misa gasping in his arms,
“We don't have a doctor,” said Kaedae, “But I will be just as good, what do ye need?”
“She says her water broke.” Said Sesshoumaru holding out Misa,
“Couldn't she just get a new one?” asked Miroku as he and Sango returned from Kohaku's grave,
“Yeah,” said Inuyasha, “She doesn't have to make such a big deal about a water bottle.”
“That's exactly what I said,” said Sesshoumaru as he followed Kaedae to her hut, “But to her, it means she is going to have the pups now.”
“Pups?” said Inuyasha shocked, “Now?”
“Yeah now, can't you see?” yelled Sesshoumaru as he placed Misa on a futon in the hut,
“Now I need ye Kagome to fetch me some clothes and Sango get me some water.” Instructed Kaedae, “And I need ye boys to get out.”
Sesshoumaru hesitated then walked out following Miroku and Inuyasha.
“God, I'm gonna kill you Sesshoumaru!” Misa yelled from inside the hut, “Once I get outta here you're dead!”
Sesshoumaru shivered; did she really mean what she said? He walked back and forwards in front of the hut, Inuyasha sitting down beside the door with his eyes closed and Miroku sitting on the opposite side with Kirara in his lap, stroking her softly.
An hour past as Sesshoumaru waited impatiently for Misa,
“I'm gonna see to it myself that your dead!” she continued yelling insults through her pain.
He stopped suddenly; Inuyasha's ears stuck up as he stood up, Sesshoumaru ran into the hut just as a cry surrounded the village. Inside sat Misa sweating with an infant in her arms, Kaedae, Kagome and Sango also sweating; Sesshoumaru sat down beside Misa and kissed her on the cheek, she smiled at him then to the crying boy in her arms. She ran a finger along his cheek, tears springing from her eyes, Sesshoumaru twitched impatiently. Misa held out the infant for him to hold; immediately the boy stopped crying then started giggling as he tried to grab a strand of loose hair; Sesshoumaru playfully rubbed his nose against the infant's then looked at Misa,
“I thought that there were twins?” he said confused,
“Oh no!” Misa exclaimed as she started to scream in pain; she took Sesshoumaru's free hand and squeezed it tightly,
“Here comes another one.” Said Kaedae as she bent down to help the pregnant demon,
“Sesshoumaru this is your entire fault!” she yelled squeezing his hand even tighter, “I swear when this is over, you will be dead!”
Sesshoumaru blinked at the pain that came from his hand as Misa's claws dug into his skin; the boy giggling uncontrollably for no reason.
“I hate you so much for doing this to me!” Misa continued, “I wish this never had happened! I'm gonna kill you for this!”
Another hour later Misa sat with the second infant in her arms as the girl cried, Sesshoumaru kissed his mate again and again on the cheek, with the boy tugging on his hair.
“Their beautiful!” exclaimed Kagome,
“What are you going to call them?” asked Sango,
“Um.” Said Misa, “Sesshoumaru, any ideas?”
“What about Hajimaru?” asked Sesshoumaru referring to the boy as he tugged even harder on his hair, “And Yume?”
“Perfect!” exclaimed Misa as she looked down at the now sleeping girl in her arms and gently kissed her,
“What do you know.” Exclaimed Kagome, “You're an uncle now Inuyasha.”
“I am?” said Inuyasha wide eyed as he stared at the two infants in his brother's and sister in law's arms, “Hehe. I'm an uncle. Uncle Yasha.”
“Got a ring to it doesn't it?” chuckled Miroku.
He walked over to his brother and sat down beside him,
“So what did you call them?” he asked, everyone else in the room looking at him through shock,
“Hajimaru and Yume.” Replied Sesshoumaru as he passed his son over to his brother,
“This is a weird moment.” Whispered Kagome into Sango's ear then stopped as Inuyasha looked up at her; she could tell there was happiness in his eyes.