InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Her Final Breath ❯ Her Final Breath ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A sad one shot… Gomen!
 
 
 
 
Her Final Breath
InuYasha POV
 
 
Her hands shook as they clasped mine tightly and her speech was lapsing. I could barely hear her next words.” Inu…Yasha…. I … love you.” Her chocolate orbs closed, never to open again.” Never… forget…me.” Her hands dropped from my tight fists, and I began a silent cry, effectively hiding it from the others.
 
 
# Flash back*General POV
 
 
About an hour ago, Naraku attacked. While InuYasha was distracted by Kagura's winds, Naraku attacked Kagome with one of his spiked tentacles. It was fatal.
 
End flashback and back to Inu POV
 
 
“Don't come for me. Wait here.” I told the monk, and he nodded, while holding a sobbing Sango, and a wailing Shippo. I held Kagome to my chest as I sprinted toward Sesshomaru's scent, which I'd smelled around for a while. “InuYasha I know what you seek.For her it is too late. Gomen naisai…”Sesshomaru's slightly sad voice came to me.
 
 
 
“Kagome…” I sat down and cried openly and hard. For, in her last breath, she had said something in the premise that I actually could forget her. She was, and would forever be the one who made me trust again. She was the one who put up with my behavior and mouth. She made me love her. “Understand Kagome?! I love you!!” I sobbed into her raven locks.
 
 
$ 4 $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
Two years later….
 
The sun beat down on my hair, as I walked over to her final resting place. It had been two years now. Naraku had succeeded in killing the other three and Kirara. I was the only one left to carry on their memories.
 
 
Her stone had words carvedinto it. It read…:
 
 
Kagome Higurashi
Loving daughter and friend
1982-2000
 
On the back I wrote a note.
 
Kagome I love you and always will. I'll wait for you….. InuYasha
I paced a bouquet of roses and lilies on her rounded stone and said a quick prayer before smiling weakly.” Kagome I found you reincarnation. Satsuki Hoshino… the reincarnation of the reincarnation of Kikyo. Funny, isn't it?” The sakura tree branches swayed as if answering.
 
 
“Goodbye.” I waved, and walked out of the Higurashi's backyard.
 
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$
 
 
“How is she?” Sesshomaru asked me as I got into the car. “Just fine….” I answered, as sesshomaru pulled out of the driveway. “Just… Fine”
 
A/N sorry for the death, just written on impulse…