InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Her Fuedal Life: Lady Kagome Higurashi ❯ The Seer ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

I just got back from Louisiana and have a bad haedache from reading to many murder/mystery books. Well, here's the next chapter, anyway:

Her Fuedal Life: Lady Kagome Higurashi - Chapter 2: The Seer

When Kagome began to wonder where her friends were everyday, she asked another villager. All they did was turn their back with a look of disgust. Kagome was truely hurt by this, not knowing what she had ever done wrong. Even on the secong time, the same thing would happen. It was almost 6 p.m. when she asked almost half village. Her feet were blisttered, and her mouth as dry as the sun itself.

Kagome then headed to her hut with Koko, the widwife of the villlage she lived in, she noticed Aiko Hoshiko talking to some of of the other village kids, not seeming to notice Kagome is slightest bit. She ran up to their little ground, smiling fully with her toothy grin greatful she had found them.

The raven-haired girl looked around the group and saw no one return her gesture. All just stare at her as if she were a little beetle, right in their path that belonged in hell. Kagome's big smiled faded as all of them started to walk away; walking away from the outsider.

She began to follow them; wirrly, as if scared she might drop and never be able to walk. As if she might fall into the ground aif she walked to fast; not being able to see them again--or Inuyasha. When they turned back to her, Kagome's spirits half lifted. Maybe their playing a joke, she had thought for just the briefest second ever, maybe they're trying to freak me out. But when they turned their backs again, Kagome's heart broke in half.

Even when everyone walked away, away from this girl who had no real family, sh still stood. Frozen to the spot, was what she would have said. Her young heart had been abandoned in the night's sky, and to never see humanity ever again. Then, when it wa almost pitchblack, Koko walked towards her stillborn form. Kagome looked up at the midwife. As her adoptive mother came even closer, Kagome's heart grew just by the tiniest bit ever. When Koko had finally reached to frozen figure, Kagome collapsed into Koko's arms.

"Why is this happening to me, Koko-sama!?" Kagome chocked out between her sobs of lonliness. Her eyes were already blood red from staying there, but now she was suffering even more.

"Kagome, what bothers you?" She asked in a calmed tone, kneelling to the ground, to be in equal legnth to the broken down ten-year-old. "Is something wrong?"

"My heart hurts, Koko-sama... No one likes me anymore..." Kagome nesteled into the woman's bosom even more; crying her own heart to the woman so she might be able to cure everything.

"Nonsence, child. Eveyone loves you, Kagome." Koko cradled her small body, holding her as she had done the day she was born.

"That's a lie. It's a pure, pure lie, Koko-sama." Kagome this time cryed even harder into the older woman.

It had taken quite a while to make Kagome fall asleep, but Koko had finally managed it. As she carried Kagome back into the hut, she thought about what she had said. The midwife layed Kagome down on her futon, her being only slightly moving with each move Koko made. When the older woman had set her down and walked outside of the hut and to the stream in the woods, Koko looked into her reflection.

"It's all beginning. Let her future start now."

~*~5 years later~*~

Kagome walked to the path she first took to meet Inuyasha. Her hand clutched the locket she was givan 5 years prior. Her eyes not paying attention to where she was going, even as she knew the path so well. Kagome stopped and she looked up and into one of the trees. Kagome rolled her eyes and began to climb it. When she reached the top, she smirked a she found to amber eyes.

"I thought I heard you." Kagome said dropping her locket into one of her pockets.

"Feh." Kagome giggled at Inuyasha. It was his famous 'feh' he once did when Kagome was 12. It was the first time she heard it, and the funniest.

"Inuyasha?" Kagome asked finally as she stopped giggling.

"Hmmm?" He asked jumping down.

"How old are you?" She asked raising an eyebrow and climbing down as well.

Inuyasha was half taken back. His age? What the hell? "Why the sudden interest?"

"My response in Inuyasha language: I'm a curious little human who doesn't keep her mind where it belong." Kagome winked at him as Inuyasha rolled is eyes.

"Don't remember. Maybe around 27." Inuyasha mentally winced at his lie.

"And I thought you were young. Maybe youkai imortallity isn't very fun." Kagome said pulling out her locket and studying the inside of it.

"It's youkai physical looks that immortal; get it into your head." Inuyasha said with a 'feh' to follow it. Kagome just rolled her eyes.

"Well, you know what?" Kagome asked snapping the locket shut and looking at the hanyou.

"Someone died?" Inuyasha chirped in. Kagome bonked him on the head.

"No, you baka." Kagome glared at Inuyasha.

"Spit it out, if that's what you're going to say." Inuyasha glared right back at her.

"I think they know." Kagome stated plainly finding a broken tree branch and sitting on it.

"Know what?" Inuyasha asked getting impatient, closing his eyes, still listening to Kagome and the people in the village. "They who?"

"I think the village people remember you; and I think they found out sbout me seeing you every frickin day." Kagome said laying down on the tree branch. "I might as well live here, that's what I've heard."

"Of course I know." Inuyasha said as if it were the simplest thing in the world. His ears caught almost everyone in the village said daily--day or night. He would sometimes hear insults toward Kagome; Inuyasha then wanted to hurt them even more for saying such things about his friend.

"How?" Kagome walked over to him and sat down next to the hanyou. She rubbed his ear and her eyebrow shot up. "Is it because of the cute little puppy ears?"

Inuyasha was almost timpted to say yes. Her rubbing his ears just felt so damn good! "Stop that!" He swatted her hand away, wheeping in mind from the loss of warmth.

"I take that as a yes." Kagome smiled at him.

"Feh." Inuyasha stood up as Kagome followed him as she giggled. "You know, your life a moth attracked to the flame. No matter where the flame goes, the moth seeks the flame for it's beauty."

"So, your saying I think your beautiful?" Kagome laughed.

"Oi! You're twisting my words--" Inuyasha stopped as heard a faint noice, to soft for Kagome to hear. It was so soft, he almost missed it. Almost sounded like rippling water in a not so far distance.

"Inuyasha...?" Kagome asked softly, as she advanced forward.

"Shhh... Someone's near." Inuyasha Kagome ran with stelth through the forest, Kagome following Inuyasha, as Inuyasha followed the faint noise.

Koko sat by the river's shores and humming a tune Kagome's mother had once sang when she was making small little yukatas and kimonos for her dear newborn Kagome. The tune was sounded very happy, but also sad at the most. Everything about the song was important to Koko. The main part was because it laced into Kagome's near future. That's struck her with a queer thought. She stopped uppruptly to think of it.

"Yes, what of Kagome's future?" Koko asked herself. "Royalty is fine, but a village-life is home. If only I could speak the word of solumn's depth of truth's heir, but I shalln't break a breath of it. For a fortune's tale I carry within my soul, that none shall steal for an eternity."

"So...a seer, are we?" Koko spun around quickly and grinned at the person who spoke those very words. There stood Inuyasha and Kagome side by side, awaiting Koko's response.

"Hai." She said simpley. Koko cocked her head to the side to look at Kagome. "My deary, do you cherish Inuyasha?"

Kagome was taken aback by the midwife's words, but said nothing. "Good. Then nothing in my speaking as changed any of it." Koko said standing up and walking into the water, it rising only to her knees.

"Nani?" Kagome and Inuyasha both asked in a confusing tone. Nothing this woman was making sinse to either of them. For they both knew a seer could see into the future, but what was this woman speaking of?

"A future that shall change everyone." Koko walked even further into the water, now up to her waist. "Oi, Inuyasha."

"Nani?" Inuyasha raising an eyebrow.

"Past differences can be tough,

Even if they break a family,

But the curse's blood bonds of familyhood are everlasting,

So forgive and forget,

For he who hunts you will take what is precious..." Koko said her little words to him as she entered the water full way, disappearing.

Kagome watched the water ripple slightly. "Inuyasha, what's precious to you?"

"My very life." He said walking away from the water, trying to forget the seer's words. They had stung him bad, for another lie had been told. Kagome, his most dear friend, was his most precious.

"Is anyone in your family alive?" Kagome asked in a quiet tone, thinking about the midwife's riddle.

"Nosy, aren't we?" Inuyasha still walking.

Kagome ran to catch up to him and glared. "No! She told you a riddle, if you didn't notice. The peices of the puzzle are scattered. She's told us where they go, we just have to put them together."

Inuyasha himselof was puzzled now. "No one." Oh, kami. Three lies in one day...

~*~ End Chapter~*~

hanyou - half-demon/half-human

youkai - demon

hai - yes

nani - what

oi - hey

-sama - given to those of high respect. e.g.: Sesshoumaru-sama