InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Her Memories ❯ The Fire ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
“Something’s wrong!” Inuyasha Blurted Out As He Jumped Down From The Tree Landing Perfectly Next to Miroku And Sango. “With Kagome!”

“Yeah! I can sense it to!” Both Sango and Miroku spoke in sync whilst Standing Up to Brush the Rice of Their Laps from the Meal They Had Just enjoyed.

As They All exchanged Glances and Nodded shippo gave them all a blank look then collapsed on to the floor with a fit childish anger. “Why Do I Always Get Left Out?”

“I’m going to get her!” inuyasha demanded over his shoulder he turned into the direction of the well

And before the others could reply he was gone, speeding through the dense forest towards the wooden well he and kagome used so many times to travel through time.

He did not hesitate to jump into the darkness and As soon As he passed through it the smell of burning wood filled his nose and he had to cover his face with the arm his haori. He jumped up and out of the well, all he could see and smell was burning. Bits of wood and splinters flew all through the air as he crashed through the wall of the of the shed like building the well was in. inuyasha looked up and he saw scared faces; along with Smoke. Quickly kagome’s mother came rushing up towards him,

“I...Inuyasha...K...kagome she’s still inside!!” Her Voice Was muffled with tears as she pointed at the burning higurashi house and looked at him expectantly...

He Got the hint and dove through an open window, the window to her room... but she wasn’t in there...He ran out the door onto a hallway blazing like an inferno, there was kagome huddled in the corner with her face full of fear, she looked so defenseless…

“KAGOME!!” inuyasha called to her in desperation

She turned with fear in her eyes as hot as the fire “inuyasha...?” she shouted in a small, trembling voice

“I’m…I’m Gunna Come get you...just hang on…”He Said inspecting the Floor. It caved in underneath him so quickly, so he jumped back. Kagome stood up and took a few steps towards him, suddenly there was a large ripping sound as a beam from ceiling fell on kagome, she shrieked in pain and she fell to the floor limp, with the beam laying across her back .

Inuyasha could not see what happened because of the fire but the smell of kagome’s blood filled his nose, he closed his eyes, held his breath and blindly jumped forward into the rising flames.

He Landed Just In front of her, he tossed the heavy burning wood off of her.

The Top off Her shirt had been singed off and she had a long wound straight down her spine…

Inuyasha immediately pulled of his haori, threw it On top Of her and scooped her up. There Was Way Out, Everywhere Was Burning. He Turned To The way he came…

“If I Go That Way Get Us Both Killed!” he winced at the heat radiating from the blazing walls

Just Then He Saw a Small Part of Wall which was not burning yet...

“There!” He Said as He Ran towards it breaking Through It with ease.

He landed with perfect aim and grace Next To Her Mother

“Oh My God Is She...?” Souta Came Running Up Behind Them

“Let Me Through ...Please Let Me Through, just MOVE!” A Young Male Voice Came From Behind The Family And The Hanyou.

They All Turned Round Apart From Inuyasha Who Was Busy Pulling Bits of Wood out Of Kagome’s Limp body.

“Let Me See Her” Demanded the Young Male as He Knelt and Patted the Ground In front Of Him.

Inuyasha Gripped Kagome Tighter and scowled At the Boy.

“Inuyasha He’s A Doctor He Can Help!” Kagome’s Mother said softly with tears pouring down her face

So Inuyasha Placed Her closer to the young man Carefully So He Did Not Cause Her Any More Injury.

“Hi My Name Is Miku, Can You Tell Me How That Fire Stated?” The Doctor Asked As He Examined Her Wounds

“Yes...This man came up To Our House and Threw a Black Box through My Bedroom Window…I Took It down Stairs to Ask My Mum and kagome what they thought it could be. She went to touch it but it griped onto her back and started to digging into her then It Started Vibrating and Then Everything Caught Fire. It all happened so fast!” Souta Exclaimed

“Oh…” Riku Mumbled With A Confused Look On His Face. “So Imp Guessing it was The Box caused that?” He said signaling Two Small Black Bat Wings Tattooed on Her Back Just In between Her Shoulder Blades.

They All Leaned Over And Gasped As The Tattoo Moved Underneath Her Skin.

“WHAT THE HELL IS THAT” Inuyasha yelled is horror

“That’s defiantly not normal for a tattoo...We Need to Take Her into Hospital…Do You All Have any means of Transport?”

“Um…No” Kagome’s Mother Mumbled shifting from foot to foot

“Well Only One Person Can Stay In the Ambulance with Her… The Rest Can Come in My Car” He Said as He stood Up and pulled Out his Cell Phone.

“Inuyasha… I Would Like It If You Stayed With Her” Kagome’s Mother Said Her Mouth Forcing a false Smile.

Inuyasha Nodded and Followed Two Men Pushing Kagome Away onto the bed.

The Ambulance Ride went as slow as he ever thought possible. Inuyasha got lost in Kagome’s bruised and burned face, HeDidn’t Even Notice the Doctor Asking Him Questions.

‘How Could I Let This Happen…I Promised I would protect you. I couldn't keep that promise. I can’t even look after you right’ He though to himself as a tear fell gently down his face; he wiped it away before it reached his chin. Inuyasha was usually a strong person, but it broke his heart to see Kagome in this state.