InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Hidden Affection ❯ A Good Movie Gone Bad ( Chapter 10 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

I’ve updated once again! ^_~ Yeah, progress is slow, but you know, school bites. There some fluff in this chapter, of course and some funny things that happen as well.

I’m glad everyone is liking this fic so far. Thanks for all of your help and reviews.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ *~*~*

Chapter 10: A Good Movie Gone Bad

Inuyasha and Kagome sat in the theatre room, the lights were dark and the film began rolling.

Kagome sat in anticipation when the opening credits were rolling. The black haired teen was slumped down in his chair, popping chocolate covered peanuts in his mouth. The raven haired youth glared at him.

Inuyasha looked back at her.

“What?”

“You could share.” Kagome glared.

I bought them.” Inuyasha detested.

“With my money.” Kagome fumed.

“Fine.” The black haired boy huffed. “Here.”

The boy handed her a small handful of peanuts. As in handful, meaning he gave her about 4 or 5 of them. Kagome stared at the small chocolate covered balls that were in her hand for a while, as if she were eyeing them suspiciously. Inuyasha glared at her.

“Well, ya didn’t expect me to give ya all of ‘em.” Inuyasha deadpanned.

Kagome grabbed Inuyasha’s hand and turned it up Then she put the chocolate covered morsels back into his hand.

“What did ya do that for?” The stubborn boy asked.

The school girl frowned, threw her nose up and crossed her arms. She then scooted away from him until she hit the other arm of the chair.

Inuyasha arched an eyebrow. ** What did I do? ** He thought to himself. **I was only givin’ her some peanuts like she wanted.**

“You can have them all, jerk.” Kagome replied. “Hmpf!”

“Why do I want ‘em back? You touched them.” The boy scowled.

Kagome crossed her legs and put her elbow on the arm of the chair she had leaned against, then she put her head in her hand, looking very upset.

Inuyasha’s face wrinkled in a ‘huh’ kind of fashion.

** What did I do? I gave her what she wanted. ** He thought as he continued to stare. ** I give her the peanuts, she throws them at me. Just before, she wanted the peanuts, and now she throws them back in my face...Women, I’ll never understand them. **

“Fine then, I’ll just eat them myself.”

“The pleasure is all yours.”

The two began to watch the movie and it had seemed interesting, at least to Kagome. After watching a few minuets of it, Inuyasha’s face contorted to one of irritation.

“You took me to a romance movie?” He deadpanned.

“I’ve been wanting to see this movie forever.” Kagome stated. “ Besides, just give it a chance, you might like it.”

“Me? Like a romance movie? Feh!” Inuyasha scoffed.

The black haired boy propped his head up on his hand, and just stared at the screen.

** Maybe if I just go into a daze she’ll think I’m watchin’ the movie.**

Kagome’s position slowly changed throughout the movie, and she eventually ended up in her original position, with both hands on either arm rest and facing full front. The black haired boy to the right of her was struggling to keep his eyes open. He had both hands trying to hold up his tired head. Over time one of his hands slipped slowly down and his head ended up resting gently on Kagome’s shoulder.

Kagome’s brown eyes glanced over at the sleeping boy’s head on her shoulder.

“Inu...yasha?” She squeaked, as she saw nothing but the top of his head on her shoulder.

Her cheeks flushed a light pink and she thought to herself. **Maybe he does like this movie. **

The movie was soon over and the lights brightened the room once more. Kagome looked over at the boy, and nudged him with her elbow. Inuyasha made a low moaning noise.

“So, “ Kagome asked. “How did ya like the movie I picked out? Pretty interesting huh?”

“Yeah, yeah...Interesting...If ya like that mushy stuff.”

“Oh come on, you didn’t like one little bit of it?” She asked. “Surely there had to be something you liked.”

Then she began to state her favorite parts of the movie to Inuyasha, who just wore a look of confusion. The words seemed to go in and out of his head, as if someone were talking through a megaphone.

“Well,” She finally stated. “What’s your favorite part?”

“Ehhhhhhh....” Inuyasha was in a bind, since he had slept through the entire movie, he didn’t have much to go by.

Kagome gave him “the eye”. That skeptical look that told her something was amidst. She looked as if she were going to get mad if he didn’t tell her something good.

“You didn’t even see the movie, did you?” She walked up to the raven haired boy. “I bet you fell asleep.”

“No I didn’t.” Inuyasha lied. “ I was starin’ at the gum on my shoe.”

Kagome looked down. “I don’t see any gum.”

“That’s because I got it off already.” The young man wrinkled his face at Kagome.

“I don’t believe you.” She crossed her arms.

She turned around and began to walk towards the exit.

“Wait! Kagome!” Inuyasha yelled, trying to find a good excuse, knowing that Kagome was angry. He was afraid that if he had told her that romantic movies weren’t his thing, she’d be angry, but if he had made up an excuse, she’d still be angry.

The black haired man didn’t know what to do.

He followed Kagome out of the exit and out of the theatre.

The two walked down the sidewalk, back to Kagome’s house. All the way, the school boy was trying to explain things to her.

“Look Kagome...” Inuyasha threw his arms out to the side.

“I don’t want to hear it.” Kagome protested. “If you didn’t like the movie, why didn’t you say so?”

“I didn’t even know what it was about. Ya’ could’ve told me.”

“Hmpf!” She huffed.

The black haired man sighed. “Ok, ok. I’ll do whatever you want now. Fair?”

Kagome turned to him. “ I’m going home.”

“Then I’m coming with you.”

“Fine.”

“Maybe I’ll meet you folks. Since I didn’t get to before.” Inuyasha tried to strike up a conversation.

“Just don’t fall asleep around them.”

“HEY!”

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~* ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Well, there’s chapter 10. Thanks for reviewing so far, and I hope you’ll all review once again. I really appreciate it. Chapter 11 should be coming soon. There will be more fluff in that chapter I promise.

R&R!