InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Hidden Affection ❯ The Storm That Binds You ( Chapter 11 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Well, here is chapter 11 for all of you. This fanfic has been on hold, so I don't know when the next update will be. Please be patient, the romance will come. I've got a bunch of fanfics that have been getting completed and I've been trying to finish them so I'd have room for completion of these.
Anyway, please R&R and tell me what you think.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~* ~*~*~*~*~*~*
Chapter 11: The Storm That Binds You
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~* ~*~*~*~*~*~*
As soon as Kagome and Inuyasha walked up to the quaint, creme colored house, Kagome found a note posted to the door that had told her when she returned home, she was to baby-sit her brother, Souta.
“ Oh great...” Kagome muttered.
“What?” Inuyasha looked at the raven haired girl.
“I have to watch my little brother, Souta, and my mother and Ji-chan aren't home and they won't be until later on tonight.”
“What's so bad about that?” The black haired boy retorted as Kagome walked into the house.
Pulling off their shoes at the front door, the two walked into the quiet house to see Souta in his usual place, planted in front of the television playing his video game. He seemed quite interested in it and veering from side to side as his little fingers were working at high speed on the controls.
“Hi Souta.” Kagome greeted her brother.
“Aw man!” Souta shouted, his face almost colliding into the television screen.
“Kagome!”
“What?”
“You made me lose concentration and I died.” The small child whined.
“You shouldn't play so many video games anyway. Besides, looking the screen too long will make your eyes go bad.”
Souta slowly got up from his position at the television and did a couple of quick stretches. “I guess you're right. Hey, who's your new friend?”
“Souta, this is Taiyoukai, Inuyasha. Inuyasha, this is Higurashi, Souta.” Kagome introduced the two boys.
“Yeah, yeah.” Inuyasha was obviously not interested.
“Hi, Inuyasha-kun.” Souta greeted the taller man. “Are you Kagome's boyfriend?”
“Eh!?” Inuyasha's face lit up with surprise.
Kagome stopped in the middle of reaching down to pet Buyo and her face flushed a light pink.
“Boyfriend, what? Me?” Inuyasha looked around the room.
“I don't see anyone else that it could be.”
“I ain't her boyfriend!” The dark haired boy huffed as he crossed his arms and pouted to himself, making a face of irritation.
Kagome proceeded to pick up Buyo and lightly stroked the cat's fur. The cat began to move its head into Kagome's hand and purr lightly.
Kagome stood with her back turned to the two males in the background, who still seemed to be talking about this `boyfriend' bit. She put a hand to her lightly flushed face and began to think to herself.
** Do I like Inuyasha? I mean, I have been hanging around him a lot. I was the first one he met in school and now he's in my house. I did want my parents to meet him too.... ** She could feel her face grow in warmth. ** Ok, I'm starting to freak myself out now. **
She decided to cut her thoughts short.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ *~*~*
As the day went by, the three of them just kind of stuck around the house, doing various things. All the time, Souta seemed to be befriending Inuyasha slowly.
He almost looked up to him.
Kagome simply sat back and observed the two.
She had thought the bond between the two was quite cute.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ *~*~*~*~
Three of them sat down, watching the television and getting quite involved in a game show that had been on television.
“Osaka! Osaka! The answer is Osaka!” Inuyasha yelled at the television.
“No it's not, it's Okinawa!” Souta's voice rang.
“What?” The dark haired boy glared at the child. “That's not the right answer at all.”
“Yes it is.” Souta replied.
“No it's not.”
“Is too.”
“I refuse to believe you.”
“Quit arguing so we'll all know.” Kagome sat on the couch, Buyo cuddled up beside of her in a ball, happily sleeping.
She could faintly hear the man on the television say “And the answer is.....”
Souta and Inuyasha both turned their heads to hear the answer, and everything went dark. Kagome shrieked and her bowl of popcorn hit Inuyasha on the head.
“Ow!” The dark haired boy rubbed his head. “Would ya mind NOT throwin' things when you scream and by the way, we have ears ya know...”
“Sorry, that startled me.”
“Looks like the power's out.” Souta looked around.
“Great job of figuring that out Einstein. Did you figure it out on your own, or did someone tell you?”
“Inuyasha!”
“What?! Point out the obvious, why don't ya. As if we can't tell it's dark outside.”
“Let's all calm down.” Souta replied to the two.
“As if that's an easy thing for Kagome to do.” The black haired boy said below his breath.
“I heard that!” The raven haired girl replied.
“What if ya did?”
There were a few moments of silence and then it came. There was a loud popping noise, followed by a low, feminine growl.
“OW!”
“Jerk!”
Everything fell silent once more, and Souta thought to himself.
** Maybe the term `boyfriend' was used a bit loosely. **
The slight patter of rain could be heard falling lightly against the side of the house.
** Oh great, rain. ** Kagome thought to herself. ** As if things couldn't get any worse. **
She turned to the black haired boy. “You'll be staying here until the rain stops. “ She looked out of the window at the massive amounts of storm clouds. “And from the looks of it, it's going to be an all nighter.”
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ *~*~*~*~*
Well, there you go, another chapter successfully completed, and I made the chapter longer. It will probably be a while until I update this fic, so please be patient. I hope you all liked it and will R&R!!
I made some fluff in here, but chapter 12 will have even more! Progress is slow, but good at the same time. I have more time to think.
Please R&R!!