InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Hidden Ways ❯ Chapter One ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Unsuspecting Ways

By: RayJay

Rated: PG-13 (R in a few spots)

Couples: Inu/Kag Mir/San

Chapter One:

Legs, strong and firm ran from the beast that was chasing after her for the moment. She swallowed a scream of fear and kept up the fast pace she had set. She needed to out run this youkai. She had to live. She had so much more life ahead of her. Please protect me Kami-sama… she thought as she sprinted under the moonlight, barely ahead of the monster that was chasing her.

~*~

"It's this way! I know it! It's running to the West," Kagome informed Inuyasha as she rode on his back. The hanyou nodded and continued at high speed to catch the creature that possessed the two jewel shards that the miko had sensed. Running just behind him were Miroku and Sango, who were riding together on Kirara.

~*~

"Milord? What is it?" Jaken asked as Sesshomaru's eyes shifted to his open window where the moonlight was shining through. The smell of sakura mixed with blood and the powerful demonic energy he had sensed was more than enough information to tell him that his lands were going to need patrolling. He inwardly smirked; his need to shed blood growing stronger and he cracked his knuckles in anticipation. It had been a few days since his last match. He needed to feel the thick red liquid upon his claws and smell the sheer bliss of murder.

"I must take leave Jaken. Watch over Rin. I shall return," The taiyoukai replied and brushed passed his vassal who was staring at him quite oddly.

Wonderful. I am stuck with that enigma of a human girl again; the toad thought and waddled off to go about his business.

~*~

"It is only a matter of time before you collapse from exhaustion, human…" A malevolent voice boomed from behind Kyoko. That bastard! He was only toying with her!

"Would ya stop yer followin'?! I ain't done nuthin' to ya!" She shouted back. Although she had out run a youkai that had been chasing her for nearly an hour, the most ironic of things happened. She had come this far and nearly escaped with her life and unscathed only to trip over a rock that sent her flying onto her face and sliding across a patch of grass.

"Yes, I can stop my following now. You cannot escape me," The youkai laughed, his massive body slowly coming into the moonlight and out of the shadows. His eyes glowed red and he licked his lips.

"No! Stop! Dontcha eat me! I'm but skin `n bones!" Kyoko cried and curled into a fetal position, her preservation instincts dying out and her human nature took hold. She was so afraid she could not move.

"You do look tasty but who said I was going to eat you?"

Kyoko looked up in pure horror and saw the heat and intensity that was radiating in the lusting youkai's eyes as he gazed up and down her mangled body. Oh Kami! He's gonna RAPE me!

~*~

"Right there! Right there!" Kagome whispered as softly as she could into Inuyasha's ear. She motioned to Sango to stop Kirara and to keep quiet. Inuyasha froze and let the Japanese high school girl and the kitsune that was perched on her shoulder dismount from his back.

"Why is he standing over that girl?" Sango wondered quietly to everyone, watching as the youkai was circling around a young woman who was trembling.

"I don't know, and I don't care. Now then. Where are those jewel shards, Kagome?" Inuyasha asked and cracked the knuckles in his one hand.

"Inuyasha, before I tell you where those jewel shard are, SAVE THAT POOR GIRL!" Kagome scolded still in a quiet voice but she emphasized her point.

"How many times do we have to go through this? I don't kill youkai just for the sake of mortals," The hanyou spat back stubbornly and crossed his arms in his haori sleeves. His mouth formed a determined line that spoke, `I'm going to get my way and there ain't nothin' you guys can do about it.'

Kagome sighed and shook her head, watching as Miroku bopped Inuyasha over the head with his staff. "If you are not going to save the girl, then I will do the righteous thing and save her."

"And then what? Grope her `till she passes out houshi?!" Inuyasha growled but then froze, his amber eyes widened and he whirled around.

"Hey! What's wrong-" Shippo started but then also froze when he smelled the air. "Inuyasha? Where is that scent coming from?"

"The youkai. He's going to mate with her." He replied, his expression stern and serious.

~*~

As Sesshomaru drew closer to the two creatures that had trespassed his lands, he also caught he presence of his brother and his group. This is perfect. I shall rid my lands of many unworthy beings and then claim the tetsusaiga for my very own. I am very fortunate today, he thought, flying faster. He could already smell the satisfying scent of fresh blood and was ready to be bathed in it.

~*~

"Oh shit!" Inuyasha nearly barked as he whirled in the other direction.

"What is it now, Inuyasha?" Miroku asked, getting as impatient as everyone else. He needed to save that girl and get the jewel shards and he was taking his dear sweet time!

"We got company!" Inuyasha roared and drew the tetsusaiga, slashing it in the air as a silver blur rushed passed him, a gust of wind blowing everyone back. The hanyou leapt into the air, blindly attacking his half-brother.

The youkai that was drooling over Kyoko froze and snarled, jumped into the air, just noticing the presence of the two Inuyoukai. Kyoko watched as the two similar looking youkai dueled and then the fight was transformed into a three-way battle when the beast that had been chasing her joined in. Apparently it was every youkai for himself.

"Oh my gosh! It's bad enough when just Sesshomaru and Inuyasha are fighting but now with this youkai, who knows what will happen!" Shippo cried and snuggled tighter into Kagome's arms.

"Come! We must go to a safer place!" Miroku shouted to Sango and Kagome. Kirara transformed into her small state and leapt into Sango's arms as they rushed to find some shelter. It was then that Kagome remembered the young woman who was left out in the open. "Kagome! Where are you going?"

"I have to save that girl!" She shouted over her shoulder and rushed to where she was lying, afraid beyond anything. "Are you alright? Come on! We've gotta go!"

"Behind ya!" Kyoko cried as Sesshomaru was chasing the youkai with jewel shards. The lustful beast flew right by Kagome, nearly slicing her head off in the process. Kagome screamed and fell forward into Kyoko's arms; blood started trickling down her neck from the hideous slash she had received from his long talons.

"KAGOME!" Inuyasha roared and snarled towards her attacker. "YOU'RE GONNA TO PAY FOR THAT!" He took off towards the youkai but was then attacked by Sesshomaru. "Not now Sesshomaru!"

The taiyoukai ignored his younger half-brother and then struck the youkai that possessed jewel shards with his poisonous talons, the sickly green flowing from his fingers into the beast. While Sesshomaru was distracting the other youkai, Inuyasha yelled down to the girls, "Get the hell out of here, girl! Take Kagome with you!" He then let out a gasp when both Sesshomaru and the youkai that had nearly raped Kyoko were double teaming him.

Kyoko helped Kagome up and looked her over. "Ya gonna be aw-right, Kagome?" She asked, ignoring her own already inflicted and healing injuries. Kagome nodded and pressed her hand to the gash in her neck.

"I'll be fine now let's get out of here," Even though I don't like the idea of Inuyasha being all by himself with Sesshomaru and that other youkai that has jewel shards fighting him! She thought as the two of them ran where Sango, Miroku, Kirara and Shippo were out of the way.