InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Hidden Ways ❯ Chapter 5 ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

(SORRY FOR THE LATE UPDATE! I had a huge English project that took me nine hours to do!)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~

Chapter Five:

Golden eyes, closed and refined twitched briefly in the true peacefulness of sleep. A low growling sound emitted from the taiyoukai's chest as he inhaled deeply and his exhale was with as much content. His white hair was strewn about him from his numerous attempts to get up and get away from Kagome when she tried to use her healing methods. His body rested on his fluffy boa that was tucked behind him. He looked like an image of divinity, sleeping peacefully, even in his injured state.

Kyoko could not help but stare at the beautiful Inuyoukai as he slept peacefully. She was tempted to reach out and smooth the hair near his face because it had been rumpled sometime during the night but she had learned from the earlier encounter.

I won't be causin' Kagome no more pain if I can help it, Kyoko thought to herself as she moved away to go back to her spot where she was sleeping but her eyes would not be distraught from the stunningly attractive male. Kami-sama… If I half the looks of this Lord Sesshomaru `er Inuyasha in a woman sense, I'd prollay be the most good-lookin' female ever… What a prayer that is…

Kyoko heard movement from the other end of the cave and looked up swiftly to see Miroku exiting the cave. "Miroku!" She called out to him softly but he did not acknowledge her. She leapt up and followed after him. "Houshi! Wake up-" She hushed immediately. He was sleepwalking! "Mirok-"

"Shut up, Kyoko," Someone spat from behind. She whirled to see Inuyasha with black hair lying in the bushes with Kagome sleeping in his arms. She distorted her face in confusion, her dark eyes flashing once as she walked over, bending to get a closer look at him.

"Hey… What's with `ya? `Ya don't look like yerself, Inuyasha," She stated, grabbing a fistful of his thick and soft hair. He grimaced and wrenched himself from her grasp, gazing down at Kagome when she stirred, mumbling some incoherent things before she snuggled back into him and fell asleep again.

"I'm aware of that," He shot in return, his voice low as he watched Miroku's movements. "Don't wake him up. If you wake up a sleepwalker they'll be so shocked that they might pass out. I tried with him once. He'll go back to sleeping in a little bit," Inuyasha sighed and leaned into the bush he was resting against more so.

"Aw-right," Kyoko whispered, glancing at the hanyou turned human's black hair and then to the sleepwalking houshi, who was now going back into the cave. "Oop! There, he's goin'." She giggled softly. "Well, g'night, Inuyasha. Will yer hair be that purty black in the mornin'?"

"No, It'll be back to normal. Hey! Don't!" He hissed when she came after his mane again.

"But it's so soft! Well, fine. Even though you got better hair than me `ya stubborn jackass," Kyoko hmphed, her eyes going to the pinkish sky. Just a few more hours `till sunrise. Wonder when that other Inuyoukai's gonna wake up?

~*~

Lord Sesshomaru, why have you not returned? Jaken wondered and cringed when Rin started to cry again. "Will you shush you little nuisance? All you've done is cry and wine since Lord Sesshomaru's departure!"

"But so have you, Lord Jaken," she retorted and wiped her chocolate brown eyes. "I want Lord Sesshomaru to return. Can we go to look for him?"

"Rin, Lord Sesshomaru would be angry with me if you came along too without his consent! But if-" Rin was gone. Jaken let out a sound of exasperation. This human girl was just too much! He waddled down the hall to retrieve his staff and get Rin before she ran too far ahead of him.

~*~

The taiyoukai of the Western Lands lay motionless and alert against the wall. His eyes were closed, giving off the image of peaceful slumber but it was not so. He could not move. Surely his wound would have healed by this time but he was still recovering and he was very irritated. He had given in to human help and now, it was going to be held against him. He, the taiyoukai of the Western Lands, received help from a weak and pathetic human girl.

As he rested, the scent of the young woman who had forced her treatment upon him… Kagome… Yes, that was her name, wafted through his nostrils. He opened his eyes just a crack to observe and saw his brother follow her inside.

"Now sit down and just let me take a look," She scolded, forcing the hanyou on the ground. He, of course, argued with her a little bit but then reluctantly gave in to her aid. My brother has so much patience for these weak creatures. How is that so? "You look much better than you did yesterday, Inuyasha."

"Well, yeah. I'm half youkai. I heal a lot faster than humans do anyways," He replied in an irritated tone.

Kagome just sighed and finished putting some of the stinging liquid over the minor and scabbing welts on Inuyasha's arms and chest to clean them and then put her materials away. She then looked over at Sesshomaru. "I wonder when he's going to wake up? I thought youkai didn't stay in unconsciousness for too long."

Inuyasha just stared at him in a calculating and scrutinizing way before he put his hand to the hilt of tetsusaiga. "He's been awake since this morning. Hey Sesshomaru, I know you're awake `ya stupid bastard," The hanyou taunted and was rewarded when Sesshomaru's eyes opened all the way and he growled lowly at him.

"Oh!" Kagome said and got down with her kit to check Sesshomaru's wounds. Inuyasha spluttered and pulled her back by the shoulders.

"Idiot! He can kill you! Don't rush in too fast," He yelled at her, his amber eyes flaring. The taiyoukai on the ground chuckled in faint amusement with a smirk on his face.

"It never ceases to amaze me how much you will do for this human wench, Inuyasha. I am amused by all of you and your habits. Even if I was angry to be healed by her before I see no point in holding a grudge. I will not harm her. Not now anyways when I am not in the prime of my health," He stated, his smirk growing more malicious as he spoke and observed Inuyasha's demeanor.

"Huh?" The hanyou barked, confused by the sudden change from angry and impatient to amused and not killing from his older half-brother.

Kagome stared at Sesshomaru a moment and then up to Inuyasha, whose face was a-wash with shock. What did Sesshomaru mean? "L-lord Sesshomaru," Kagome stuttered, trying to think of a way to word what she was trying to say. "Why the sudden change? Are you saying that there's a truce now that you're here? We don't kill you and you don't kill us kind of thing?"

Sesshomaru nodded mutely, his face void of any expression. "Something of that nature."

"WHAT?" Inuyasha roared and unsheathed tetsusaiga, rearing it to the taiyoukai's throat. Sesshomaru arched against the wall to avoid the sharp edge of the blade and reached out to slash poison into Inuyasha's scabs and re-open them. "I don't trust you, you lying bastard. I'll never trust you after all the reasons you've given me-"

"Sit!!" Kagome yelled and snatched the tetsusaiga from Inuyasha's hand as he was sent hurling at the ground. It returned to its normal state, thin and rusty, and she set it on the far edge of the cave. "Now, there is going to be no more of this fighting stuff! You two are grown up now and you can't fight like little children anymore!" She scolded, her hands going to her hips as she chastised the two Inuyoukai brothers.

"She is terribly bossy, Inuyasha," Sesshomaru muttered in amusement as his younger half-brother got to his feet shakily.

"Don't I know it," He grumbled in response and sulked over, sheathing the tetsusaiga. "Kagome, shut up. He ain't gonna listen to you anyways. You're wasting your words."

"And this is what I mean. You're acting like a little six year old. At least Sesshomaru had the maturity to say that he won't kill us while he's here." Until he's all healed but let's just hope we're already on our way by that time…

Sesshomaru just sighed softly in irritation, Inuyasha's head whipped around at the sound. "What're you getting all annoyed for? I'm the one who's getting in trouble!"

"What did I say? Go out-siiiiide!" Kagome shouted and pushed him towards the opening of the cave.

"What did I do?" Inuyasha barked as she stalked off, throwing a dainty sniff over her shoulder as she stomped away, clearly not thrilled with his antics. The hanyou just followed after her, annoying her with various and prying questions, testing her judgment and sorts of why she was letting his brother stay in the cave again and all.

Sesshomaru sat in the cave, watching the sunlight as it was reflecting off miniscule drops of dew on the grass. She's believed it, now every one of Inuyasha's friends will believe it. The tetsusaiga will be within my grasp in no time…